This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

The Marseille Tarot Revealed - Ben-Dov

Discussions on TdM focused books.
Papageno
Sage

The Marseille Tarot Revealed - Ben-Dov

Post by Papageno »

I very much love this revised edition of his original book, Tarot - The Open Reading, which I found to be elusive and counter productive.

Apparently there must have been others who felt the same way.

The new formatting is wonderful, this book is a treasure especially for neophytes, like myself.

The CBD cards by U.S. Games Sys. are also of surprisingly high quality, very nice cardstock and printing, sharp, precise , cleanly cut.
Nothing slovenly about this deck, an extremely good value and I love his reinterpretation of the Conver, it's very lovely and dignified.
Rocket Raccoon: Blah, Blah, Blah.....
Merrick
Sage

Re: The Marseille Tarot Revealed - Ben-Dov

Post by Merrick »

I didn’t realize there were such significant differences between the two versions of the book! I thought the only difference was the Revealed version was full color.

The CBD is one of the better mass market TdMs, but I’ve really come to dislike the redone faces. They don’t retain the character that’s so evident in the originals with the changes Ben-Dov made. I ended up ordering an Yves Reynaud reproduction of the Conver to get a more authentic copy. But for the price and considering the other mass market TdM options, the CBD is a very good starting point.
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
Saloni Sharma
Seeker

Re: The Marseille Tarot Revealed - Ben-Dov

Post by Saloni Sharma »

I am new to this concept of tarot reading. Thank you for this resourceful information.

Return to “BOOKS about the Tarot de Marseilles”