This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel's Triptych

Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION: Participants in the AUGUST TdM Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel's Triptych

Post by Rachelcat »

Here are my cards. Budapest Tarot historic reproduction by Tarot Sheet Revival. All the same cards, but the majors are numbered differently than Marseille decks.

Rachel's triptych 8-16-18.jpg

My question is "How do I bring reason/sanity to my weight management?" (I recently lost a good bit of weight. I was confident and focused and accomplished my goal. Now that I've gained a little (really little) back, I'm freaking out and also not able to drop it or feel confident about doing that. I need a mental adjustment!)
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Rachel's Triptych

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hi RachelCat,

The World (that's the world, right?) card deals with cycles. There's always going to be ebb and flows, winters and summers, etc. Not everything can be the same every moment but if, over time, they balance out, we have stability. Not to be too blunt about the "cycle" part, but my wife's weight goes up and down by 3 or 4 pounds every month around that time. Changes happen. Stable is not the same as static.

Wheel of Fortune points out that you can't control everything that happens to you, but The Lovers tells you that you can make good choices that put you and keep you on the proper path.
I believe in Crystal Light.
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

Good Evening Rachelcat,

I have to start by saying that I think the middle card is Temperance but only because of the angel and the water. So going with that logic, here is my take on your cards. Temperance represents you having come to a place where you are comfortable with yourself after having been on the weight loss merry-go-round (the wheel) for some time. I don’t know if you tried a lot of different things to lose weight but I get the sense there were times, in the process, you felt like you were chasing your tail or going in circles. Now you are comfortable with your appearance and level of health but you are fearful you are heading back in the wrong direction. The answer to your question is the final card, friend, the lovers...it is all about choice. But unlike the angel in this scene, you get to choose with your eyes wide open because you know where you have been and you know what it took for you to feel more balanced and secure. (By the way, if that middle card is the world, I’ll still say that it has to do with having security in your body image today). So to bring sanity to your weight management, remember that you maintain your weight one choice at a time. The only choice you need to make is the one in front of you right now. Does this activity support my highest good? Is this food going to support my goal? I think you get the drift.

Also, you are already sane or you wouldn’t know when you’re getting out of balance with weight stuff. Insane folks rarely know when to ask for help. ;) (BTW, I quit smoking cigarettes about a year and a half ago. I put on a lot of weight, more than my body can handle. The struggle is real
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

first of all: i love that budapest tarot! great to be able to do a reading with it!

the world card tells about your accomplishments. you have done it! you’ve lost weight! (been there, done that, know how incredibly hard it can be, so kudos to you!) look at that card and be proud of yourself!
the wheel of fortune tells you that what goes up inevitably must come down again, so your (relatively small) weight gain was to be expected and is nothing to get too worked up about (the wheel is always going to go up again...)
the lovers tells you that in order to get back on top of that wheel, you might want to admonish some self-love. look at yourself with the eyes of that guy in the card, he’s crazy about her..... so be your own cupid and let yourself truly appreciate who and what you are.
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Feedback time!

Thank you very much for your kind readings. Yes, that’s the World! (But I can see where Temperance would work, too.)

I saw the World as achieving my goal. But cycles and change also work here. And with the Wheel, that’s a lot of cycles! Cycles of a certain sort also bring in Temperance and the Wheel with the idea of stability as equilibrium, not stasis, especially when it comes to weight and health.

I didn’t think of the Wheel as trying different things until we hit on one that works. I didn’t really go through that, but it makes total sense. I was seeing Wheel as more like “anything can happen” (as well as ups and downs). Anything can happen isn’t all that helpful or reassuring in this situation, so I’m glad you guys are there to snap me out of that interpretation!

Lovers as choice, of course! It’s so true. Our entire futures are made up of every single choice we make. And are of course vital in weight and health management. I was seeing it more as being kind to myself, which stronglove said is a much kinder and sweeter way!

Thanks again for the very helpful readings and advice. I’m going to try to stay more positive, with your help. I’m feeling much more rational and sane as we speak!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Sorry I am late! I lost track of which ones I have commented on!

I read this as you can have anything you want, it is all there to eat and drink (world) but if you don't make the best choices (lovers) you will end up going round the same journey again (wheel). So make good decisions :)

Return to “08 AUGUST TdM Reading Circle”