This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

here’s my tryptich

Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION: Participants in the AUGUST TdM Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
stronglove
Sage

here’s my tryptich

Post by stronglove »

i have used the vergnano tarot
this coming month will be about which path i am going to follow for the next couple of years, where my focus will be

922F04DB-C93B-4863-B515-85AD25E9DB08.jpeg
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: here’s my tryptich

Post by Charlie Brown »

stronglove wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 10:33 i have used the vergnano tarot
Beautiful deck.
stronglove wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 10:33 this coming month will be about which path i am going to follow for the next couple of years, where my focus will be
Before I offer an opinion, I want to make sure that I understand you correctly. You are saying that over the course of this month, you are going to be working on what the next years of your life will be. Is that right?
I believe in Crystal Light.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

yes, i have to make some choices about the direction i am going to take in the next couple of years so this will most certainly be on my mind during the next month (as it has been for the past months as well, :lol: :lol: :lol: )
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Ok. Well, I would feel more comfortable if there was a formed question but, based on what I think I understand from your description, I understand this spread as being for getting advice on how to proceed with making your decisions.

In the center, we see The Hermit. Very straightforward, of course. As The Hermit, you seek the knowledge and wisdom that are necessary to help guide you. What is he looking at?

In The Star, we have a figure who is naked and exposed. There is no pretension, nothing is hidden. This is what The Hermit sees and what you are urged to study. Who are you really and what is the truth of your situation? In terms of figuring out your future steps I see this as advising you to focus on your essential, timeless self and not just the exterior situation.

This knowledge will be critical, because at least one of the paths your considering is the path of L'arcane sans nom. On the left, the woman in The Star seems calm and content, in harmony with her world. Death, less so. It is important that you (as The Hermit) understand exactly who you (as The Star) are at your core, because in order to walk that path on the right, I think that you're probably going to have to give up quite a bit and you should know before hand what those sacrifices are going to be. Where she is The Star is fulsome, to get where she's going she'll be stripped to the bone. I don't see what death is walking towards, and have no insight into whether or not the rewards will be worth it but I see these cards as saying there's a cost.

Of course, I have no idea about the kind of choices that you're making but in my personal experience, I know a lot of people who have made hard choices about pursuing advanced education. Often, when they think beforehand about what might be required of them, they think of things like "I'll have to work hard at my classes" or "I'll have to take out a loan." They don't necessarily think things like "Moving so far away will mean that a lot of my personal relationships will wither" or "This profession is oriented in such a way that I may never again be able to live close to my family." They only realize these much later. My sense is that these are the kind of questions that you need to be asking yourself. Not necessarily those specific questions, of course, but, rather, that you need to think about what your going to have to lose along the way, not just the potential rewards.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

To reiterate, the interpretation from above is based on the idea that this spread is meant to guide you in how you should think about your decision. This is based on my understanding that, this month, you are going to be thinking long and hard about what to do. If the spread is about what decision you should make then my thoughts are very different. I'm happy to share them if asked, but am not volunteering them in case they mirror someone else's reading. I don't want to monopolize all the interpretations.
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

I haven’t read replies yet but I started writing an overlong word doc on this yesterday! Will post tomorrow night...or afternoon.
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
BreathingSince72
Sage

I’ll give it a go!

So my understanding is that the tryptich begins with the center card, around which all of the other activity happens.

The hermit tells me that you will be spending some time alone this month, shining a light on what it is you want to do and requiring some kind of physical support as you do. A light to help you see, a staff to help you find your footing. The hermit is looking to the left...remembrance. It would seem almost as though he is looking at the Star and holding up his lamp to see what she is doing...shedding light on her perhaps?

The central star in the sky on this card (the Star) reminds me of the compass rose and indicates to me that you are seeking out your true north. The woman in the star card is naked. It is very unusual to be naked unless you are comfortable in that state. And one would have to feel especially safe to do so in the outdoors. Water reminds me of the unconscious and the emotions. She pours herself into the collective unconscious...the world spirit....cosmic qi if you will. You are looking for how you can pour your gifts into the world around you. You’re looking at the things you’re good at, things you’re comfortable with...

But here’s the kicker...

Along comes scythe being....we don’t really know if it’s a boy or girl....and this changes everything. I don’t see this card as a reaper but more of an eraser. Scythe creature is walking in the opposite direction of the Hermit, covering all that was with dirt...turning it into fertilizer. The past can either block us or we can use it to make our future blossom. This fellow wipes stuff out. Over the next couple of years, you will be following an entirely new direction...stepping out of your comfort zone. In order to do so, you will, like any other person, have to reflect on the past and heal any hurts.

Occupations associated with these three cards could be writing or life coaching....also providing hospice care. I feel like over the next few years you will be building something from the ground up. Also the star reminds me of a bartender...but only because she is pouring liquid.

I get that Marseilles reading is pretty removed from modern tarot so I want to tell you what I see more literally. an old man is staring at a naked woman who is pouring water into water, apparently unaware of him. It almost like watching a small child play with toys, completely un-self conscious about having onlookers. He is either taken away in death or she wants to forget him.

This is my first ever Marseilles reading for another human. I am hopeful that it was helpful but am surely willing to learn from errors. (As I’ve shared before, once I really looked at the Marseilles, I was on fire. Love, love, love this system!)
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

BreathingSince72 wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 22:45 This is my first ever Marseilles reading for another human. I am hopeful that it was helpful but am surely willing to learn from errors. (As I’ve shared before, once I really looked at the Marseilles, I was on fire. Love, love, love this system!)
Congrats! I wouldn't call this an error by any means but, FYI, the French usually associate Temperance with bartending since she isn't spilling the liquid all over place. Culturally, the French don't like bartenders who spill the drinks.
BreathingSince72
Sage

A bartender who spills drinks is an embarrassment to the profession.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Charlie Brown wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 23:19 Of course, I have no idea about the kind of choices that you're making but in my personal experience, I know a lot of people who have made hard choices about pursuing advanced education. Often, when they think beforehand about what might be required of them, they think of things like "I'll have to work hard at my classes" or "I'll have to take out a loan." They don't necessarily think things like "Moving so far away will mean that a lot of my personal relationships will wither" or "This profession is oriented in such a way that I may never again be able to live close to my family." They only realize these much later. My sense is that these are the kind of questions that you need to be asking yourself. Not necessarily those specific questions, of course, but, rather, that you need to think about what your going to have to lose along the way, not just the potential rewards.
This is SO true and what an interesting interpretation this is of the Death card in this spread. And it goes for many major life decisions, not just education.

People rarely, it seems anyway, think about the losses that come with decisions (with the exception of financial losses, costs, which often loom large). This is not to say that losses need to be avoided, but they can (and should) be prepared for.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

At the heart of your path is spiritual seeking and a fixation on discovery - of the truth, wisdom, of yourself. It'll be a relatively inactive period because the path requires seflection and self examination. It is also a fairly anti-social path.

The Hermit as our centre stage archetype has his eyes and the light of his lantern facing the star, embodiment of truth and honesty, where all is revealed. She is optimism, hope, energy, the higher self. Our hermit seeks what she is and what she has. How does he find her?

Death. Decisive cutting of losses. Something must be let go of. The Hermit has a whiff of self deprivation under that cloak of his. Here death is saying give up that which no longer serves you. Focus on what matters and what is important. Clear the ground of the old corpses of the past so that the purification of the Star can take place.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

You are the Hermit. This decision has made you feel a bit isolated. Nobody else can quite understand what you’re going through. Or that’s how you feel, anyway. And you feel very independent about it. You know only you can make a decision about your future, and you’re not really inclined to ask or take advice about it.

The other two cards are your choices. (You might have more than two, but that’s what came to me.) One choice (Death) will cause you or require you to make a clean break from your past. Out with the old, in with the new. But you are turning away from that choice and toward the Star. She is artfully blending the old and new, instead of preferring one over the other. This is definitely what you’re turning toward, but you might not quite know how to do that of which choice will do that for you. You can use the wisdom gained in your past to face the challenges of your future.
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Return to “08 AUGUST TdM Reading Circle”