This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

BreathingSince72 Tryptich...I volunteer as tribute!

Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION: Participants in the AUGUST TdM Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
BreathingSince72
Sage

BreathingSince72 Tryptich...I volunteer as tribute!

Post by BreathingSince72 »

3CD62F0F-39F6-4280-B05C-DE6639AEE39B.jpeg
Greetings All,

I volunteer as tribute to get us all started. The deck I used for this draw is the Jean Noblet Tarot by Jean-Claude Flornoy. This is a nice and sturdy little deck, emphasis on little as the cards are slightly smaller than regular playing cards. The card stock is a delight!

As you can see, the central card (1) is Le Fou, the next card (2) is La Maison Diev and the final card (3) is Le Jugement. While shuffling, I focused on where I might locate myself during this month in the context of my internal and external journey as well as my family and work life.

Have at it friends!

Victoria
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: BreathingSince72 Tryptich...I volunteer as tribute!

Post by Charlie Brown »

Well, with the Fool we see you making the journey, so I'm not sure that I see you located in any one spot but, rather that this will be a month of transition. Beyond that it's hard for me to interpret the side cards because the question isn't really focused in order to provide context. Internal or external? You or the family? Family or work?

I don't see the triptych as really meant to be read as a line. On the other hand, if we interpret The Fool as a journey than it's logical that the sides of the triptych can tell us more about what that journey is about. If we look at it linearly as space , we would see the fool leaving the tower and arriving at judgement. On the other hand, There are two people in the tower, one in the fool, and three in Judgement. Thinking about it linearly in time rather than space, this could suggest that the fool will be joining with the people from the tower.

Both The Tower and Judgement feature powerful outside forces. I'm going to go out on a limb and make a guess...there's some kind of family or work situation that you think you're moving away from, but it's going to catch up with you.
I believe in Crystal Light.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

I got a bit confused about the question or focus, and at first didn’t how i am supposed to reply to this tryptich
so i went to the other thread and reread the text. that helped
i am quoting here from what has been said about the procedure

“My thought is that as we begin, each of us wil create a topic under this thread where we will post a three card draw. You may choose to post a question or not to post a question, at your discretion. It may be more fun if we stay away from questions and let the cards do the talking. We will each draw our own cards without offering an interpretation. The other groups members will open the topic, look at the photo, and share their own interpretation of what the cards are trying to say. Nearer the end of the month, the original poster will reply with how these interpretations did or did not fit in with the events of the month.”

so i will let the cards do the talking and not worry about whether i ‘get it right’...... :D :D :D

i see the fool and he is going somewhere. he looks innocent and carefree and i don’t think he knows where he is going. the dog feels like his past tugging at him, wanting him to pay attention, to turn around and bend down. but he doesn’t intend to do that. what he has left behind is the tower. there has been a huge upheaval and something has snapped, lightning has truck, affecting several people’s lives, probably reducing the tower to a pile of rubbish. there are two people being thrown out. the fool is the one that has risen from the ashes, he has dusted off his clothes and moved on. but the destruction of the tower has affected his memory, he has forgotten what happened, he is a tabula rasa, a clean slate with nothing yet written on it. the judgment card is where he will end up eventually, i can see him as the angel, he has advanced in his spiritual journey, and is now waking up the dead to share his knowledge with them, to get them up and going, wanting them to leave behind their empty ‘dead’ daily lives and discover their higher selves. he wants them to join him on his journey.

now over to the focus or question connected to this tryptich
i would say you will meet or have met a dead end street somewhere, either some internal path that doesn’t lead anywhere or some project at work, or family relation that isn’t quite working out and you need to drastically change your approach in order to make it work again.
so you need to start on a new trajectory, find a new path and not look back on what you left behind, don’t let the past stop you. while on this new path you need to find (wake up, motivate) new allies to accompany you/work with you and you will have to be the one that gets them going. maybe you need to inspire others (family?) to take a look at their own life and get them to start their own spiritual journey?
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I'm going to post my readings for everyone before I read anyone else's. Then go back. (And I'll post my cards tonight.)

The Fool is moving from the Tower toward Judgment. So, while it’s not a past present future reading, it is! The cards are saying you’re right in looking at your concerns as a journey, exterior and interior. In both, you’re ready, willing, and able to walk away from an unpleasant, chaotic situation toward a new uplifting one. Since it’s the Fool, it looks like the Tower situation shook things up enough that you’re able to get a different, new, open-minded view of what’s going on. It has freed you to move on to something better and at a higher level than you thought you could get to in your old way of thinking. If you keep your “beginner’s mind,” you’ll arrive at the “higher ground”!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I have not read anyone else's interpretation because if I do I'll doubt my own reading and won't post.

Looks like you're starting again and this is something you've been kind of forced to do because of an inescapable event. But it's not a bad thing, it's just part of the circle of life and in many ways a natural ending to something albeit a dramatic one. There are definite opportunities this new beginning brings. With the awakening aspect of judgement I can't help but think you will end up on the 'right path' for you.
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

While I realize we are to read the Tryptich from the inside out, I have to wonder if my usual focus of past, present, future influenced the card selection. In the beginning of the month, I learned I was horribly overdrawn. This is not a habit. Most of the balance consisted of $35 overdraft fees on five dollar purchases. I called my bank for help and the response was basically “even if we reverse all those charges you will still end up in this position because if xyz” so in short, no help there. The number was shocking and devastating and, in my mind, incorrect but again, they offered no help in evaluating these items with me. Because of my overdraft fees, when my pay came through, a great deal was lost. I paid my bills. I changed banks.

So I am walking away from that and working diligently to see what went wrong and if there is something I need to do prevent a future incident.

At home I have been working through tantrums, not my own...well maybe a little...and to me the tower looks like a tantrum. My seven year old has glorious tantrums guaranteed to strike fear into the heart of anyone. Okay so that was a bit dramatic. It can be real rough going. I have tried many approaches with her. Some work. Some work temporarily. It is very difficult to discern what sets her off though not getting her way is a big one. I’m a Taurus. I don’t give in. But I do try and find ways to help her learn to deal with disappointment.

At work, all of us are on overload . It is intense and the work never feels done which can be very discouraging.

So what I see is that there are these very large, very powerful situations going on, and I am walking through them as if I am not phased. I keep moving forward even though I feel like I’m getting my hiney handed to me and here at the end of the month, it is catching up to me with my health. A couple of mistakes I made at work have come up as a result of trying to hurry...never a good practice. I look at those errors and I have no mercy for myself in making them although anyone else could do the same thing and it would be okay...a learning experience...or “not a big deal.” And I am struggling not to hurry through interactions at home because I don’t want to miss something critical. It’s a lot. I need to take time for myself and get a vision for where I am trying to go because, at this time, I don’t know where I’m headed.

What I do know is that I am aiming for peace in my household as well as an acceptance that I cannot be all things to all people at all times. And that’s okay. There will still be work to do tomorrow and I want to aim for accuracy not quantity. At home, I just want my youngest to know she is loved and to know how to solve her smaller problems and to accept not getting her way without having a meltdown. She is getting better.

I found value and validity in every single interpretation that was given here and I sincerely thank each one of you for participating in this thread. Everything that was written applied to my situation. Thanks for enlightening me and for participating in this reading circle. I think we have some great times ahead of us.

Victoria
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.

Return to “08 AUGUST TdM Reading Circle”