This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

reading for Breathingsince72 - in it's proper place!

Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION: Participants in the AUGUST Learning Lenormand Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
velvetina
Seer

reading for Breathingsince72 - in it's proper place!

Post by velvetina »

Hi there Victoria

I apologise for (a) not being able to include an image and
(b) my clumsy interpretations!

I asked the cards "how will V.'s work situation progress?"

Woman + Anchor + Bear + Dog + Snake

The Woman is you, confirming that the message is about you.
The Anchor is stability. Security, yet also something that tethers us, holds us to one place.
The Bear is strength. Strength of purpose too. A Bear is pretty focused upon what need to be done to survive, and, if applicable, care for its cubs.
The Dog is friendship. Loyalty.
The Snake is wisdom, but also cleverness and subtlety.

My initial impression is that you'll learn to adapt. You are committed to the work, you might not feel that you have a choice - you do what needs to be done. Friendship helps you, a source of support. You learn a few tricks, some sleight-of-hand to ease the stress.

And then I asked "how will V.'s work situation deteriorate?"

Tree + Mice + Birds + Clover + Tower

The Tree is the physical body.
The Mice is deterioration.
The Birds are talk, chit-chat; they can be nervous
The Clover is lucky, but in small ways
The Tower is an instituition

Because of the question, we are focusing here upon the negatives.
The Mice nibble away at your strength (both physical and mental), and at your place of work (financially etc). Everyone is stressed and expresses their worries, infecting everyone else. There are small victories, but not enough to make you feel confident. It's overwhelming and impersonal.

Finally I asked "what is the best advice to give V. concerning her work situation?"

Clouds + Bear + Birds + Rider + Mountain

Clouds are confusion
Bear is strength
Birds are conversation
The Rider brings news
The Mountain is a difficulty to face.

Okay, so you're confused right now (haha! so am I!) but you are a source of strength for other people (the positive in this situation). News will be coming which will clarify and confirm that there's a problem at your place of work which is unavoidable.

All in all, it doesn't seem like things are going to improve externally at work. Your best bet might be to see everything that happens as character building and an opportunity to develop the guile of the snake. Certain friendships will flourish in this difficult time, but you need to avoid the company of those who prefer to dwell on the negative. News will come in a month, or 4 months that will be disappointing, but it will give you a clearer idea of where you stand at work.

Please, please don't forget that I'm a beginner. I've probably made all kinds of fundamental errors!
I've a bad habit (from tarot-reading) of trying to attach stories to the cards, so I've deliberately aimed for brevity here. Please don't hesitate to ask if I haven't been clear enough though.

And best of luck with work!
velvetina
Seer

Re: reading for Breathingsince72 - in it's proper place!

Post by velvetina »

I must've been suffering from post-holiday exhaustion, as I completely forgot to begin a separate thread for your reading.

Anyways, you asked "..do you think I will make it past my probationary period which ends in October?"

I think that it will be a real challenge for you to even want to: you'll have to focus on what's in it for you.

I drew 3 more cards (I know, I know) asking that exact question. I pulled Whip+ Coffin+ Fish

The Coffin is a gentle ending though, it's not the Scythe ...so does this mean an end to the difficulties (bullying? power struggles? arguments? feeling compelled to do something?) Then the Fish; money starts to come in?

So would that imply an ending to the difficulties and things start to improve financially (the main reason for a job usually).

I'll be frank - I'm struggling! I genuinely can't decide if that's "no, you won't. You'll leave and find something that is more lucrative" or " yes, you will. The difficulties will come to an end and this job will prove profitable".

What do you think? And it would be great if others can chip in!
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

Velvetina, you are spot on in a number of things. Someone I care about at work got really crappy and this affected me. Coworkers I respect saw the behavior as well and felt she was in the wrong. I finally called her on it because we are overwhelmed with work in our department right now and the added drama is unnecessary. I’m too old to hunt down another job with retirement benefits.

I see that the three of us left standing have more work on our hands than we can do in a day...a week...a month. I probably feel the stress a bit more because there is rarely a moment when someone is not in my face. I am up front doing customer service all day, until we are fully staffed or get another FWS student who can sit there without observation. All of us feel the stress. My lunches have been a great relief because, many times, we have ended up so busy that I can’t even get up to use the bathroom. I love people but this is exhausting and still keeps me from competing my many other tasks in a timely fashion. A lot of this has to do with beginning of the semester stuff.

I felt relief when my boss sent me an invite to my eleven month evaluation. I will make it. The anchor kind of told me that. But stability is a weird thing for me because it has never been a part of my life. What I do is never enough, in my mind so my biggest bully is me. Also I have recently taken some corrective action in my life to better steward my resources and I feel the financial rewards are coming. There is also more to this, but you have caught several things. Great job!
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
velvetina
Seer

Post by velvetina »

Gosh, thank you Victoria for your kind words.

I am really enjoying getting to know the Lenormand cards and although I am making slow progress, it's fascinating! It's very useful looking at everyone's interpretations too.

I hope that things improve honey - :)

Return to “08 AUGUST Reading Circle: Learning Lenormand”