This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Joan Marie reading for Charlie Brown

Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION: Participants in the AUGUST Learning Lenormand Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Joan Marie reading for Charlie Brown

Post by Joan Marie »

So Charlie Brown, I am standing by when you are ready with a question. I'm looking forward to trying this out but I may need a little time to figure out what I'm doing, but I will try my best. ๐Ÿค”
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot ๐Ÿ’š
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Joan Marie reading for Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown »

Alright, I have a question. It's speculative so I may or may not be able to give you event-based feedback. There's a group that meets locally to play various games. I'm sort of interested in going but am also trepidatious for a number of reasons.

What will happen if I go to this new games meetup?
I believe in Crystal Light.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Q: What will happen if I go to this new games meetup?

The cards:

20180812_122744.jpg

Heart-Mountain-Stars-Letter-Storks

The sentence:
Friendly-competition-successfully-communicates-improvement.

So, I think it means the games meetup will be a very positive thing for you.

I thought it was significant that the 1st, 3rd, & 5th cards were hearts. This seems to lend an overall positivity to the spread.

I chose the word "competition" for the mountain, which is really an obstacle, because games are usually about obstacles, overcoming them. That's what games are, and I found that significant because I have no idea what kind of games meetup you are talking about, it could be sports, it could be video games, it could be board games, etc. But all games are about obstacles and competing to beat the obstacles. So I summarised that into the word "competition." I also felt that because the mountain is between the Heart and the Stars, that a positive connotation was in order.
I could have also used the word "challenge" but I like competition better.

And the Heart coming before it seemed clear to me that it was a friendly competition, or friendly challenge.

I chose "improvement" for the storks rather than "change" because I feel like the positive quality of the change seems fairly clear. I'm not sure what kind of improvement, maybe more than one kind.

For the Letter, I'd have preferred to use the word "brings" because it would make a better sentence, but I didn't want to go too far afield.

I also think it's significant that there are no people cards, which seems to me to say it's the spirit of the thing (the games meetup) that is primary, not the individual people so much. So maybe the improvement you see will be your game skills.

So, there you go! A very encouraging message, just hope I'm not sending you into some kind of lion's den!
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Thanks, Joan Marie

I guess we'll find out if it's a lion's den or not. Without having gone yet, here's the feedback I can give:

I'm really glad that you took the time to explain your Mountain deliniation. Mountain as competition struck me as askew on the first glance, but it makes fair sense once you broke it down.

The other very interesting thing to me was about the people cards. One of my big trepidations about the whole thing is actually about the type of people I'd be interacting with. I want to go to the activity, but I get a sense that I won't like the other people too much. Thinking about the spirit of the activity as being separate from and primary to the interpersonal interactions makes me feel a little bit better about the whole undertaking.

Just if you're interested, this is a group for playing these large historical simulation games. They're usually recreating military battles, but there are other kinds too. They usually have fairly intricate rules and a couple of hundred small pieces, which make it impractical to set up with a baby in the house. My swords energy likes the highly structured, abstracted combat and you can learn a lot of history from a very different perspective since you yourself need to make highly fraught political and military decisions in the moment.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm glad you found it kind of interesting. The sentence, Friendly-competition-successfully-communicates-improvement, is unbearably clunky though.

I need some more practice...
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Joan Marie wrote: โ†‘12 Aug 2018, 19:44 I'm glad you found it kind of interesting. The sentence, Friendly-competition-successfully-communicates-improvement, is unbearably clunky though.

I need some more practice...
I don't think the clunky sentence is a problem. To my way of thinking, that's how you get the message for yourself as a reader. One doesn't have to recite it literally for a querent.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Charlie Brown wrote: โ†‘12 Aug 2018, 20:13 I don't think the clunky sentence is a problem. To my way of thinking, that's how you get the message for yourself as a reader. One doesn't have to recite it literally for a querent.
okay. cool! Because it really did make sense to me even though it sounded odd.

Kind of reminds me of that magnetic poetry.
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

Joan Marie wrote: โ†‘12 Aug 2018, 20:33 Kind of reminds me of that magnetic poetry.
I love magnetic poetry.
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hi Joan,

This is just a quick update to say that I've ended up going several times over the past couple of months and I think it's working out pretty much like you said.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Thanks for coming back with that. I recall actually feeling pretty good about that reading in the sense that I didn't feel like I struggled with it, it really felt like a clear message. I think it's the only Lenormand reading I ever did that I felt so confident about, so it's nice to hear that it seems to be playing out.

Return to โ€œ08 AUGUST Reading Circle: Learning Lenormandโ€