This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

August Lenormand Circle sign up here!

Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION: Participants in the AUGUST Learning Lenormand Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
CharlotteK
Sage

August Lenormand Circle sign up here!

Post by CharlotteK »

Apologies all for late opening of sign up thread. Just home from family holiday to Portugal where Wi-Fi was intermittent.

If you'd like to practice your Lenormand skills please sign up here by Friday 10 August. Complete beginners are more than welcome!

Partners will be assigned on the 11th and you will have until 31st to complete your reading and feedback exchange.

I suggest we have another go at a five card reading with the five cards read from left to right as a sentence (like the image below).

But if you know other methods and techniques please feel free to practice those!

how-to-read-five-card-seven-card-lenormand-spreads-infographic-sentence_grande.png
velvetina
Seer

Re: August Lenormand Circle sign up here!

Post by velvetina »

I'd love to do this again BUT I'm not very good :)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm in please. Total Lenormand newbie here. This sounds fun though, making a sentence.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot ๐Ÿ’š
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'll do it.
I believe in Crystal Light.
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

I would like to do this. I donโ€™t anticipate receiving my Lenormand deck until the 12th or 14th. Would that still be okay?
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
BreathingSince72
Sage

I got my Lenormand deck today! Can I play? Can I play?
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Ok so far we have Joan, Charlie, Velventina, Breathing and me.

Anyone else? Don't be shy, most of us are by our own admission newbies, novices, incompetent or useless Lenormand readers.

So all levels are welcome - you can either blunder along with the initiated or lend the group some much needed experience and wisdom!
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

It's partner day and as we have an odd number we'll read as a daisy chain circle.

Joan will read a sentence for Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown will read for Velvetina
Velvetina will read for Breathingsince72
Breathingsince72 will read for CharlotteK
CharlotteK will read for Joan.

Can I ask that we all start our own threads for reading for our circle partner and then work with them to arrive at a well formed question we are mutually happy with?

Enjoy your readings!
BreathingSince72
Sage

CharlotteK wrote: โ†‘10 Aug 2018, 13:36 Ok so far we have Joan, Charlie, Velventina, Breathing and me.

Anyone else? Don't be shy, most of us are by our own admission newbies, novices, incompetent or useless Lenormand readers.

So all levels are welcome - you can either blunder along with the initiated or lend the group some much needed experience and wisdom!
I concur. I am completely incompetent in this regard. Standard tarot or oracles I can read all day long, upside down, inside out. Lenormand is going to be fun.
velvetina
Seer

Post by velvetina »

I'm going to Cephalonia this evening - I'll be back on the 21st of August. I apologise for making BreathingSince72 and Charlie Brown wait xxx I completely understand if you prefer to cut me out, and I'll read for everyone when I get back next week! x
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

velvetina wrote: โ†‘12 Aug 2018, 14:36 I'm going to Cephalonia this evening - I'll be back on the 21st of August. I apologise for making BreathingSince72 and Charlie Brown wait xxx I completely understand if you prefer to cut me out, and I'll read for everyone when I get back next week! x
Don't be silly, although I myself am leaving town on the 21st for a week. I may or may not be able to do a reading while I'm away. But, at the latest, I'll do it as soon as I get back.
I believe in Crystal Light.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

So long as everyone is informed and happy to work around holidays, we can complete the circle when we like :D ๐Ÿ‘
velvetina
Seer

Post by velvetina »

I'm home now, so I'm happy to do your reading, Breathingsince72 whenever you wish. :)
BreathingSince72
Sage

CharlotteK wrote: โ†‘12 Aug 2018, 16:46 So long as everyone is informed and happy to work around holidays, we can complete the circle when we like :D ๐Ÿ‘
I think we are all happy to work around holidays.
Charlie Brown wrote: โ†‘12 Aug 2018, 16:02
velvetina wrote: โ†‘12 Aug 2018, 14:36 I'm going to Cephalonia this evening - I'll be back on the 21st of August. I apologise for making BreathingSince72 and Charlie Brown wait xxx I completely understand if you prefer to cut me out, and I'll read for everyone when I get back next week! x
Don't be silly, although I myself am leaving town on the 21st for a week. I may or may not be able to do a reading while I'm away. But, at the latest, I'll do it as soon as I get back.
I hope you have an amazing visit with your mom. I don't know her but I'll bet she will get a real kick out of your child.
Noone wants to cut you out and
velvetina wrote: โ†‘21 Aug 2018, 08:00 I'm home now, so I'm happy to do your reading, Breathingsince72 whenever you wish. :)
My work situation has become really stressful. lets read on that.

victoria
velvetina
Seer

Post by velvetina »

Hi there Victoria :)

I apologise for (a) not being able to include an image and
(b) my clumsy interpretations!

I asked the cards "how will V.'s work situation progress?"

Woman + Anchor + Bear + Dog + Snake

The Woman is you, confirming that the message is about you.
The Anchor is stability. Security, yet also something that tethers us, holds us to one place.
The Bear is strength. Strength of purpose too. A Bear is pretty focused upon what need to be done to survive, and, if applicable, care for its cubs.
The Dog is friendship. Loyalty.
The Snake is wisdom, but also cleverness and subtlety.

My initial impression is that you'll learn to adapt. You are committed to the work, you might not feel that you have a choice - you do what needs to be done. Friendship helps you, a source of support. You learn a few tricks, some sleight-of-hand to ease the stress.

And then I asked "how will V.'s work situation deteriorate?"

Tree + Mice + Birds + Clover + Tower

The Tree is the physical body.
The Mice is deterioration.
The Birds are talk, chit-chat; they can be nervous
The Clover is lucky, but in small ways
The Tower is an instituition

Because of the question, we are focusing here upon the negatives.
The Mice nibble away at your strength (both physical and mental), and at your place of work (financially etc). Everyone is stressed and expresses their worries, infecting everyone else. There are small victories, but not enough to make you feel confident. It's overwhelming and impersonal.

Finally I asked "what is the best advice to give V. concerning her work situation?"

Clouds + Bear + Birds + Rider + Mountain

Clouds are confusion
Bear is strength
Birds are conversation
The Rider brings news
The Mountain is a difficulty to face.

Okay, so you're confused right now (haha! so am I!) but you are a source of strength for other people (the positive in this situation). News will be coming which will clarify and confirm that there's a problem at your place of work which is unavoidable.

All in all, it doesn't seem like things are going to improve externally at work. Your best bet might be to see everything that happens as character building and an opportunity to develop the guile of the snake. Certain friendships will flourish in this difficult time, but you need to avoid the company of those who prefer to dwell on the negative. News will come in a month, or 4 months that will be disappointing, but it will give you a clearer idea of where you stand at work.

Please, please don't forget that I'm a beginner. I've probably made all kinds of fundamental errors!
I've a bad habit (from tarot-reading) of trying to attach stories to the cards, so I've deliberately aimed for brevity here. Please don't hesitate to ask if I haven't been clear enough though.

And best of luck with work!
BreathingSince72
Sage

Looking at the cards you have already drawn, do you think I will make it past my probationary period which ends in October? Our probationary periods last a year. I will give you more info in a bit as I am quite tired and am not doing my best thinking.

Return to โ€œ08 AUGUST Reading Circle: Learning Lenormandโ€