This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Exalted Planets

Correspondences, decans, charts, constellations, ... Everything about the stars and heavens.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Exalted Planets

Post by Joan Marie »

I made this wheel of the signs and decans and I have a question.

There is a ring that indicated what planet is exalted. I took all this information from a wheel I found online (Or maybe it was here in a post from Nemia?)

My question is, does the exalted planet change from year to year, or is, for example, Mars always exalted in Capricorn and Neptune in Aquarius, etc?

wheel01.jpg
wheel02.jpg
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Exalted Planets

Post by Rachelcat »

From what I understand, exalted planets are just another characteristic of a sign, like the ruling planet. They always stay the same. For example, Venus rules Taurus, and the moon is exalted in Taurus.

(There are two other similar planet characteristics for the signs, fall and detriment. I made a table of them once upon a time (of course!), but I don't remember the details now. I'll search around for it if that would help you.)

Hope this helps!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Very true, they don't change. The exalted planets means that there is a closeness between the planet and the sign. Not as close as the ruling planets but the sign provides a benign environment for the planet. So when you have the Moon in Taurus, the Moon is happy there, it's a good match, they strengthen each other in positive ways.
fire cat pickles
Sage

Post by fire cat pickles »

They do not change and are a fixed pattern. Traditionally they are related to the seasons and the humors:

William Ramesey

https://www.renaissanceastrology.com/ra ... ation.html
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

The promised table.
Attachments
Essential Dignities.pdf
(71.87 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Thank you!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “Astrology”