This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Astrology Online Dating App

Correspondences, decans, charts, constellations, ... Everything about the stars and heavens.
Dobbins
Seeker

Astrology Online Dating App

Post by Dobbins »

Anyone believe in Astrology to find a love match? I have been participating in this new dating app called Elamints (www.souldate.link) that uses astrology to match people. Although it is new it is growing. This might be a place to meet others and pass the time, since most of us are stuck at home in Quarantine.

Use the Power of Astrology with the Elamints Datings App : https://www.souldate.link
sarahtmagic
Seeker

Re: Astrology Online Dating App

Post by sarahtmagic »

Interesting! I never heard of this app! Will try it out, I would say that to some degree I do believe in Astrology to find a love match.
ZhanThay
Seer

Post by ZhanThay »

I have been checking out the Elamints website tonight. It seems to have some useful interpretations available but definitely needs some technical enhancements. For instance it does not include the Ascendant, MC or other houses, the Moon's Nodes or Chiron in the individual's placement interpretations. The individual chart shown is oriented with Aries on the far left horizon giving no indication of house placement. Mine would have the cusp of Gemini/Cancer rising for example.

The comparisons with another person's chart seem to be only the major aspects between planets. It is difficult to discern which planets because only the symbol for the aspect is shown and neither of the symbols of the planets involved or which of the individuals each of the planets relates to. The degrees and minutes, orbs and whether applying or separating are also not evident. Still the interpretations were interesting.

A synastry interpretation from a full-featured astrology program like Solar Fire is much more extensive, detailed and informative and dual and bi-wheel charts can also be made. A bi-wheel can show the placement of one person's planets in the other person's houses and if you know how to examine such a chart you can discern the aspects from one set of planets to the other.

Bottom line: It's worth a look but has a way to go technically and it does not currently provide an indication whether the person is a good match. That is up to you decide based on the information given by the website.
Lord, I'm not the one to tell
This ole world how to get along.
I only know that peace will come
When all our hate is gone.
Tim Buckley - Dolphins
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

I never have used a dating app at all or a dating website or anything like that. But I've followed some of the trends about them all and I don't see anything wrong with exploring one.

Being an astrology dabbler, mostly to take concepts and then apply them to self-development and life coaching vs. an actual astrologer? I think an astrology online dating app could be a fun way to look for someone, but I'd be definitely looking for more than just compatible signs. I have, through painful life lessons, learned to put up a lot of barriers between myself and people who need to a lot of personal self-development work before they can be healthy as friends and romantic partners thereafter. :P
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons
ZhanThay
Seer

Post by ZhanThay »

TheLoracular wrote: 03 May 2021, 16:32 I'd be definitely looking for more than just compatible signs. I have, through painful life lessons, learned to put up a lot of barriers between myself and people who need to a lot of personal self-development work before they can be healthy as friends and romantic partners thereafter. :P
Yeah, I agree. It's what you can't get from any comparison of astrology charts - just how evolved or 'sorted' another person may be.

Synastry in its deeper and more intensive forms will look at the aspects between planets in each individual's chart as well as the aspects between the planets of both charts. ('Planets' used in the wider sense of any chart points including the Ascendant and Midheaven). House placements are also of interest.

A bi-wheel chart can be made where one person's chart is shown in an inner ring and the other person's chart in an outer ring. This allows an overview of how the two sets of points line up. The problem is that it's more less showing how the outer affects the inner especially in that the outer's planets are placed in the inner's houses and the outer's Ascendant likewise could appear in any house of the inner chart. So two bi-wheel charts are necessary with the charts swapped from inner to outer. The other consideration is that bi-wheel charts cannot easily depict the aspects involved. (I may put this problem to my friend Jean Cremers who is the principal developer of Planetdance astrology software.) So to solve this problem an aspect table needs to be charted also. This is already getting complicated and the details are escalating in number and that is before we start to interpret what it all might mean.

UK astrologer, mystic, crystal authority and author, Judy Hall wrote "Patterns of the Past" and "Karmic Connections. In these books a method is described of determining "interaspects" between the charts of two people. So, briefly, inspecting the synastry aspect table we can determine if, for example, Person 1's Pluto is in aspect to Person 2's Moon. If Person 2's Pluto is also in aspect to Person 1's Moon then an interaspect is formed and it could be said there is a 'karmic connection' or the possibility of a relationship from former lives together which was characterised by the nature of Pluto/Moon interactions - issues of emotional dominance and control. Whether or not you believe in past lives and reincarnation, clearly there are seiously important issues that can be revealed through the interaspect process.

For the record, I'm not a fan of composite charts but I won't go into that here.

I leave the bottom line for TheLoracular
I'd be definitely looking for more than just compatible signs
Tim Buckley - Dolphins
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

Synastry as a general concept and an Art within astrology itself is fascinating to me. Anything that involves "how do we teach ourselves and help other people to have better, healthier, happier relationships with us, themselves, and each other" catches my attention. I filter through it all from there.

E W Neville''s book Planets in Synastry: Astrological Patterns of Relationships is the only book in my library specifically on it and it has been years since I read it. This conversation is giving me the urge to pull it out though. I don't remember any details from it and I probably know a bit more about astrology and the planets and aspects now than I did when I read it 15-ish years ago. What else would you recommend?
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons
MaggieMae
Seer

Post by MaggieMae »

Dobbins wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 16:15 Anyone believe in Astrology to find a love match? I have been participating in this new dating app called Elamints (www.souldate.link) that uses astrology to match people. Although it is new it is growing. This might be a place to meet others and pass the time, since most of us are stuck at home in Quarantine.
I don't participate in online dating anymore, I did have a few date a few years ago, but the thing is, at least for me, I am just a number in the umpteenth times someone has swiped either to left or right. It feels so unnatural to me, that I would rather be alone the rest of my life then to ever participate in online dating. The online dating community is for fix on finding the right person that they have forgotten what it is like to just bump into someone and get to know them first, before going on a date. How on earth can you trust someone in what they say if you have never seen them. It is not possible to have feelings for someone you never met. It is the idea of falling in love, that makes you feel that way. And loneliness. Also, I can connect to someone online. No matter what they say.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein
ZhanThay
Seer

Post by ZhanThay »

TheLoracular wrote: 04 May 2021, 15:39 Synastry as a general concept and an Art within astrology itself is fascinating to me. Anything that involves "how do we teach ourselves and help other people to have better, healthier, happier relationships with us, themselves, and each other" catches my attention. I filter through it all from there.
:P
E W Neville''s book Planets in Synastry: Astrological Patterns of Relationships is the only book in my library specifically on it and it has been years since I read it. This conversation is giving me the urge to pull it out though. I don't remember any details from it and I probably know a bit more about astrology and the planets and aspects now than I did when I read it 15-ish years ago. What else would you recommend?
I haven't read many books on the subject, including the one you quote, however I've just been skimming the reviews in Amazon where it's still available. It seems to have a had a mixed reception, some loving it and some with reservations particularly with some of the more blunt or negative pronouncements. I'm tempted to see for myself though. Thanks for mentioning it.

The Judy Hall books I mentioned earlier are full of examples and case studies. 'Karmic Connections' in particular deals with relationships and bears the fruit of Judy's many years of astrology and relationship counselling. She covers multiple aspect combinations at times and demonstrates how they apply to some deeply intimate aspects of the people involved and how they relate to each other. Straight, gay, parent-child, sibling and other relationships are covered.
Tim Buckley - Dolphins

Return to “Astrology”