This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Calculating Planetary Hours

Correspondences, decans, charts, constellations, ... Everything about the stars and heavens.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Calculating Planetary Hours

Post by Joan Marie »

I just installed a free app on my phone called Planetary Times.

It's main function is to calculate the Planetary hours. To explain what that is, I copied this from this website:
The planetary hours use the Chaldean order to divide time. Each planetary hour of the planetary day is ruled by a different planet. The planet that rules the first hour of the day is also the ruler of the whole day and gives the day its name. Thus the first hour of Sunday is ruled by the Sun, the first hour of Monday is ruled by the Moon and so on.

However, planetary hours are not the same as the sixty-minute hours that we use for normal time-keeping. The day is split into two periods, daytime and nighttime. Sunrise to sunset is considered daytime. Sunset to sunrise of the next day is nighttime. Then these two periods are each divided into twelve equal length hours, which are the planetary hours. The planetary hours of the day and the planetary hours of the night will be of different lengths except on the Equinoxes, when light and darkness are balanced.

Each planetary hour is associated with a planet. These can be used to fine-tune a magickal working. This is one step up from performing magick on the day ruled by the planet best suited for the goal. This will give you a specific hour to work the magick.
The app is a lot of fun. I get a little click everytime the planetary hour changes and you can set alarms (which is cool little song) if thereis a special planetary hour you want to be aware of for some reason.

It has a lot of other functions too. It's really helping me get my head around some of these planetary and astrological concepts in a fun way.

I took a couple of screen shots:

Screenshot_20190417-231945_Planetary Times-500x1027.jpg
Screenshot_20190417-231956_Planetary Times-600x1233-500x1027.jpg

The smiley face in the bottom left corner is my current bio-rythm! 😀

I found it on Google Play. It's probably available wherever you get your apps.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
qndynes
Sage

Re: Calculating Planetary Hours

Post by qndynes »

Oh this is an excellent app. I use it frequently.

Planetary times are great for timing things, magical workings, prayers, candle workings etc. It's also good to note the cycle of the day as the planetary times progress, gives one a good sense of the planet's subtle influence on us during the day.
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.

Return to “Astrology”