This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Quick Check-in about the Forum

A place to comment about the forum. (Please See Guidelines)
Forum rules
Forum Guidelines: Use this space for questions and comments about the forum.

Please do not post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Quick Check-in about the Forum

Post by Joan Marie »

I just wanted to check in with everybody for a minute.

I notice it’s been slow on the forum lately. I’ve seen the same elsewhere.

I used to think this was cause for concern, but I don’t any longer.

I have this very strong feeling that there are some significant changes afoot, changes in the way people think. The way they behave. Maybe it isn’t changes, but a sort of shedding of certain values, certain ways, and a rise of things that have always existed, but are just now finding expression now that there is more space for them.

Transitions can be difficult as the last throes of concepts that no longer serve try to hold on to their former positions, unwilling or unable to let go. It’s natural. But it doesn’t stop the turning wheel.

As it regards the forum, I’ve been thinking for a while about the purpose of it, of any Tarot forum. Because I think today it is not the same as it was many years ago. And I am interested, and excited, to see what that modern purpose turns out to be.

Again, I’m not sure what that means at all. But whatever it is, I feel like we are all getting there together. It may just be a subtle shift in emphasis. Subtle but significant.

I hope you continue to enjoy the forum however you do, the feeling of it, the community, the humour, and spirit. And whatever little place it fits into in your life, I hope it brings you something and gives some expression to how you experience life.

And I hope I am able to keep up!

Thank you everybody! 🍁

(p.s. at some point I will probably do some re-arranging of the furniture here. Nothing too drastic, just a bit of tidying up. Making some space. )
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
fire cat pickles
Sage

Re: Quick Check-in about the Forum

Post by fire cat pickles »

I am still around! I read many posts but I rarely respond. Don't think I'm not enjoying hanging around, though. As many of you know, I moderate over at <ahem> another forum that is catered to cartomancy. This one is *my* tarot forum. I also moderate a TdM over at Fartbook (the only tarot forum I frequent by the way). Both of these pretty much monopolize my time. Not only that I've started back to my 9-5 (teaching), which I don't have to tell you comes with its own host of issues with the COVID-19 situation right now--limited class sizes, having to teach remotely on top of that, extended hours, virtual trainings and meetings. Not only that I have a BIG test I have to take for my certificate since I've transferred states. But nevertheless I am here :| and watching all of you :geek: I'll try to behave :lol:

Thank you JM for hosting this forum. I enjoy checking in every morning to see how my corner of the tarot world is! You people are so lovely normal not normal. I feel at home here.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Fire Cat Pickles - <3

This is my main tarot corner on the net and in a way my home. Sometimes it's all too much for me (Ora North's description of the "overwhelmed empath" might fit here...) but most of the time, I'm here.

There are changes, yes, and it's strange that I meet them in different places at this time.

I hope there won't be drastic changes around here. I like this place the way it is. Everybody here has a story to tell and I learn all the time. Tarot has been for so long in my life now - only mother for longer :-) and this is an ideal place to keep in touch with it.

Oh, and when I mention her - I want to recommend Ora North's "I don't want to be an Empath anymore" that I 'm reading right now. A great book that connects seamlessly to the introspect tarot work I'm doing right now.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

fire cat pickles wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 09:34 Thank you JM for hosting this forum. I enjoy checking in every morning to see how my corner of the tarot world is! You people are so lovely normal not normal. I feel at home here.
That's really sweet. I'm really happy that people check in even if they don't post so often.
Nemia wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 10:19 I hope there won't be drastic changes around here. I like this place the way it is. Everybody here has a story to tell and I learn all the time. Tarot has been for so long in my life now - only mother for longer :-) and this is an ideal place to keep in touch with it.
No drastic changes, Promise. ❤️
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

I check in every day, but as I don't read except for myself (and that not often), I haven't much to say. I sometimes feel that I've said everything I want to say. I was very into Tarot History at one time, but feel now that I must concentrate energies and eye time on creativity, although I'm in a sort of deep trough between projects at the moment and feeling very washed out. But the Card of the Day usually has good advice - sometimes uncannily helpful and much appreciated. There's a good calm atmosphere here, helped methinks, by leaving politics out of the forum. There's enough everywhere else to last many lifetimes.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Here in the US, we're still in the throes of Corona. Nothing to do, nowhere to go, no one to see = not much to read about.
I believe in Crystal Light.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I disappeared for a long time I know, but this is still the forum where I feel most at home. I will try not to leave it so long again. I don't mind a bit of quietness. I think people here say things when they have something of substance to say, not just burble away for the sake of it.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi! I like it here very much. I sometimes think I don't really fit in because I'm not an artistic type, just someone who likes to look at and play with cards. But I guess artists need someone to look at their work.

My deck of the week has given me some much-needed stability in my world, and I'm not going to quit!

I don't mind that it's quiet. I'd rather be a medium fish in a small pond than a small fish in a large pond!

And I promise I'll be more faithful in reading circles from now on.
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Rachelcat wrote: 27 Aug 2020, 12:50 Hi! I like it here very much. I sometimes think I don't really fit in because I'm not an artistic type, just someone who likes to look at and play with cards. But I guess artists need someone to look at their work.
You fit in perfectly. In fact, each person here has something special to offer.

That's an interesting comment though. I do enjoy the focus on art, but it certainly isn't meant to be to the exclusion of anything else. It's just one of many aspects of tarot and how people enjoy it. All the ways are welcome here.

I wanted to say also to anyone reading this, that we have tons of really good, interesting old topics/threads all over the forum. Please feel free to "revive" them any time at all. I think some people hesitate to do that, but please feel free to bring back a good oldie anytime.
fire cat pickles
Sage

Post by fire cat pickles »

Rachelcat wrote: 27 Aug 2020, 12:50 Hi! I like it here very much. I sometimes think I don't really fit in because I'm not an artistic type, just someone who likes to look at and play with cards. But I guess artists need someone to look at their work.
I feel the exact opposite! It just goes to show that we come from many different backgrounds here, part of the reason why this forum "our home" for many of us :)
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

This is one of the few online accounts that I maintain and always check, not least because it's among the more aesthetically pleasing forums I've encountered. The pycode dark mode is simply topnotch.

Really though, it's the superb content that always keeps me coming back. I learn a lot here - and it's the kind of knowledge that I can put to practical use in my craft. I don't post often, but like Rachelcat I'm going to participate in more circles in the future. I won't want my skills to get rusty, and only relying on self-readings may be limiting.

In the end, it's the relaxed, cordial atmosphere that JM actively fosters that makes this site feel like an escape, a refuge. Most social media nowadays is so unnecessarily combative. It's the peace and the know-how one gleans here that makes this place unlike any other.
Start strong
End stronger
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

I like this forum, but am not always very active. I do check in but not always log in. I would like to be more active, but am not sure how right now. I've thought about sharing the non-personal readings I do (world events etc.) but feel to shy - not sure how to get over that.

I think everywhere experiences slow and busy times. Could just be what the world is going through right now. I'm appreciated that this forum exists and for the space that you have made it:)

Return to “Misc. Topics about The Cult of Tarot Forum”