This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Away so as to write a book

A place to comment about the forum. (Please See Guidelines)
Forum rules
Forum Guidelines: Use this space for questions and comments about the forum.

Please do not post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.
Diana
Sage

Away so as to write a book

Post by Diana »

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say that I'll no longer be active on the forum for some time. I've actually started writing a book. On the TdM of course. However, it won't be a "how to read the TdM" or a manual. That's what I had planned to do, but as soon as I started, it took a whole different direction. It'll be more full of anectodes, some mythology, symbolism and also quirky things. So more for people who've already studied a bit the TdM, or who have enquiring minds and who aren't looking for methods as to how to read the pips or anything. But through the anecdotes and stories that I'll be telling, one should be able to deduce the meanings if one so wishes. Some of the stuff will be even edited from things I've posted here, so it may not all be brand new for CoT members. It won't be a grandiose book. I'm not an author and can't pretend to have any lofty literary goals. It's just a book by a girl who loves the Tarot of Marseilles and who will never cease to be in awe of it.

It'll take me several months due to time restrictions. Maybe even the end of the year, because I've really got a busy schedule. When it's finished, I'll let you know and if anyone wants a pdf copy, I'll send it to you. No charge. I would never want to make money out of the TdM. If anyone donated anything, it would go to charity. A refugee one. There are many Fools there who need help so that they can be free to wander where they wish and where there's Sun and Stars and a gentle Moon shining down on them. And maybe even a puppy to have as a companion.

I'll be popping in from time to time probably to read some threads but no more.

Wishing you all the best here and I'll come back to give some news in due time. Even if it's just to say hello.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Away so as to write a book

Post by Joan Marie »

Sounds like a wonderful project Diana.

I wish you all the best on it.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Pen
Sage

Re: Away so as to write a book

Post by Pen »

Wishing you lots of inspiration Diana. And the The Tarot History Forum is a marvellous resource for all sorts of ideas and opinions - not only serious research but "anecdotes, some mythology, symbolism and also quirky things" - they're all there if you need them, although the forum's not so active these days.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC

Return to “Misc. Topics about The Cult of Tarot Forum”