This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

My Planetary Week #15 - April 6 to 12

We look at our lives through a crystal or prism. Each day of the week we use our cards to take a look at another aspect.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

My Planetary Week #15 - April 6 to 12

Post by Joan Marie »

ATTENTION: Starting next week My Planetary week will return with an updated format.
Please Join us for this last week with the tried and true format we've been using for nearly a year.

---
This is an invitation to work with one card deck for one week in a group reading.

You can pick any deck: tarot, Lenormand, Kipper, oracle or playing cards. From this deck, you'll draw one card per day - i.e., seven Daily Cards from your Deck of the Week that allow you to get to know the deck better, to hone your reading skills and get new insights about your life.

In a Planetary Week reading, we don't only draw a card per day but also give it a topic. We focus on motifs, topics, patterns in our lives, inspired by the planetary ruler of every weekday.

On Saturdays, ruled by Saturn: Obstacles and Blockades,
on Sundays, ruled by the Sun: Inspiration and Goals,
on Mondays, ruled by the Moon: Dreams and Fears,
on Tuesdays, ruled by Mars: Conflicts and Challenges,
on Wednesdays, ruled by Mercury: Interactions and Change,
on Thursdays, ruled by Jupiter: Power and Influences, and
on Fridays, ruled by Venus: Love and Attraction.

The focus words I chose for each planet/day are not binding. Please don't limit yourself to the two short words if you feel other aspects of the planet are relevant to your reading.

There are different ways to perform a Planetary Week reading.

Traditional: draw a card per day and use the prism of the planetary influence to connect the card to your day and life.

Selective: select a card that suits the topic of each weekday and use it as affirmation and empowerment to improve your life.

Day-by-day: draw or pick your daily card one by one through the week.

Summarily: draw or pick all cards together before the week starts and treat them as a complete reading.

And what about those who just want to have a Deck of the Week, Card of the Day reading? They can just jump in and leave the planetary lore away.

Share pictures if you can or want to.

No matter how we do it - by reminding ourselves of the planetary regents and their influence, we re-connect to the sevenfold cycle of time that our ancestors established, with their eyes to the sky.

Deck:

Saturday, 9.3.
ruled by Saturn - Obstacles and Blockades

Sunday, 10.3.
ruled by the Sun - Inspiration and Goals

Monday, 11.3.
ruled by the Moon - Dreams and Fears

Tuesday, 12.3.
ruled by Mars - Conflicts and Challenges

Wednesday, 13.3.
ruled by Mercury - Interactions and Change

Thursday, 14.3.
ruled by Jupiter - Power and Influences

Friday, 15.3.
ruled by Venus - Love and Attraction
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Myperception
Sage

Re: My Planetary Week #15 - April 6 to 12

Post by Myperception »

Deck: Golden Tarot of KLIMT
20190406_220757_compress_94.jpg

Saturday, 6.4.
Strength
I was being lazy and wanted to take an afternoon nap. After 15mins nap, i decided to get myself out from the couch, change into gym wear and hit the gym. Finally had a good workout and sweating session. Determination is the key, if you wana look good and healthy, move your body even it's the most lazy day for you LOL..

Sunday, 7.4.
The High Priestess
A day for completing all errands and housework, after than a resting period of ME time, just doing some survey to go for a solo trip beginning of May, my soul my mind seems like needing a recharged period very much. Night time i am having a prayer and dinner in temple.

Monday, 8.4.
The Emperor
I always dislike the meetings ln Monday, dislike the property we are handling, the management style is hopeless. There are staff resigning, myself also leaving soon. I have a sense that my boss is going to show his authority in the meeting. He likes to be the alpha man in the meeting. I will just let him be and follow the flow.

Tuesday, 9.4.
10 of cups
A happiness card as i like. I am going to my god mother home in another states after work. Nothing better than spending time with family that are so dear to you. Hopefully i can complete all my working reports and packages on time !

Wednesday, 10.4.
5 of Pentacles
I am going to pick my aunt from airport. She went for a short getaway in Vietnam. I am looking forward for my souvenier. Expecting alot of stories from her trip. I don't mind to be a listener to learn about other countries.

Thursday, 11.4.
3 of Cups
My boss is travelling to other state for business trip. I am always happy and feel like paradise, working with less stress. Though i am require to go to the property that i dislike for inspection. But it's alright, since i am leaving on May. Therefore everything that i gone through now also seems like a celebration LOL.. i was having a good talk with the property caretaker and customers

Friday, 12.4.
The Stars
I hope for or i wish for some good news today. Can be in any aspect and any form. Let's hope for my wish to come true ! I have 2 inspections today and it went on well and i manage to secure the deal before my last day. Following with a nice seaside dinner with my 2 male close friends. A wonderful night for food and talk !
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Deck: I'm going with my Spolia Tarot. I need some creative support and this deck is, to me, made with this in mind. I'm not looking for inspiration so much, I think I have a lot of that right now, but I do need some kind of encouragement, something to help me be patient during this process.

Saturday, 9.3.

Saturn-Day
Saturn-Day

As you can see by the deep blue color out my window to the left of the card, it is evening here. It's kind of interesting sometimes to pull a day's card at the end of that day.
I think what I'm feeling lately isn't so unusual. I think most of us are spread a bit thin, either by choice or by circumstance or both. We have more ideas than we have time.
This fiery Knight of Cups reminds me of my motivation. It really is all for the love of the game. And the people in it. Life really. It's about loving life and jumping into it, even though it's mostly hard, and messy and fraught with all kinds of difficulty. So what. It's all we have. It's enough.

Sunday, 10.3.

Ew
Ew

Here I am again, doing this at the end of the day.
I drew the Gemini Card.

I do not like this card. It reminds me of lies. And worse. I did not know just one horrible Gemini in my life. I knew 2, which is pretty appropriate for the sign of the twins. (they were not even related, just equally horrible people.) I know it makes no sense to think that way, to hold a grudge against an entire sign, but this image doesn't help much. Please note, I really don't dislike all Geminis. In fact, really it's just the two.

I think I don't wish to dwell on this and I am inspired to be strong and not be dragged down by the kind of things this card represents to me. I was looking for something good here and I can't find it so, bye Felicia.

That felt kinda good!

Monday, 11.3.

King of Coins
King of Coins

The King of Coins
I have to say this is one of the least attractive Kings of Coins I have ever seen.
he is holding tight to the actual coin, while letting the more ethereal disk float. And for all his riches he sits in a stoney dark place. This a fear, to be so preoccupied with "coin" that forget to pay attention to the real comforts of life. To be too focused on gaining power at the expense of the true motivations of love and life.

Tuesday, 12.3.

tues.jpg

Well it appears to be the usual conflict and challenge, distraction.
It's very late, almost tomorrow in fact and I am just pulling this card. This is a testament to my overcoming distraction. I was very focused today on a project I have had a hard time getting started. I prioritised it above almost everything else.

I feel like I am starting to get good at this. I can't get to everything, but if I can get to the things I promise myself to do, I feel satisfied. (I've also learned not to over-promise.)

Wednesday, 13.3.

weds.jpg

I'm not feeling this exercise so much this week. I think it's because I'm planning to change it starting wit the next one. I just can't think of much new to say and I see the need for something new to go with the amazing decks that are used for this.

In any case, I drew Pisces, flow-y flow-y. I like that and it suits me for today. Lots to do and I want to have fun with it all. SO keep it loose is the message today. See what happens and don't be afraid to change plans or take a detour.

Thursday, 14.3.

Look up!
Look up!

What a pretty card. I love how the guy is looking into the dark. People always say he's ignoring the gifts. Maybe he's just interested in the dark at the moment.

But I think this card is telling me I need to look up. I have had my head down for several days and I'm beginning to feel a little burnt out and seeing a little more negative than usual.

Friday, 15.3.

fri.jpg

I drew the Capricorn card, my sun sign.
On love and attraction day, I'll tell you what this means to me.
It's two things really. The Capricorn energy is all about focus and getting things done without distraction. The kind of energy where you forget to eat because you are so intent on what you're doing. I actually quite enjoy that kind of intensity and I would very much appreciate having some of that now.

Second, since it is my sign and it's friday, I feel like I need to love myself and let myself explore this intensity without any guilt or shame. This might sound weird, that being intense could be a source of shame, but sometimes when I am like this I really am not interested in much else and I know some people find that strange and expect me to make an excuse for it which I really can't do. I know it is stupid and unfair of people to judge what I do with my time but I can't help but sometimes feel a little defensive about it. Today I resolve (I know that is a very strong word) to not be influenced emotionally by other people's judgement of how I spend my time.

(My partner is a huge sports fan and one reason we get along so well is that we don't bother each other about how we spend our time. I am as interested in football (soccer for you Americans) as he is in Tarot, which is to say not at all, but we're happy the other one is happy. It works great.)

Also, I love that this card features Amethyst. 💜
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

This week I chose to use the Spolia Tarot by Jessa Crispin

It's a beautiful deck and one I often go to for inspiration, but this week, I just wasn't feeling it too much until the last day (friday).

This was not the fault of the deck at all. I maybe just chose the wrong deck this week.

And maybe that was due in part to my plans to change this activity, the My Planetary Week readings and my promise to do that starting with the next one (tomorrow!)

I'm still not sure exactly how I'll do that. I appreciate the ideas everyone has contributed.
If you have any ideas or comments you can still share them.
Just go to this thread.

I'm waiting for that bolt from the blue which sometimes does happen for me.

So, hopefully tomorrow we will have My Planetary Week, Version 2.0. (no, I will not call it that...probably not.) and hopefully it will be appealing and inviting for many new people to participate in.

In the meanwhile, your thoughts about it are worth much to me.

Return to “My Planetary Week”