This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

My Planetary Week #13 March 23 - 29

We look at our lives through a crystal or prism. Each day of the week we use our cards to take a look at another aspect.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

My Planetary Week #13 March 23 - 29

Post by Joan Marie »

This is an invitation to work with one card deck for one week in a group reading.

You can pick any deck: tarot, Lenormand, Kipper, oracle or playing cards. From this deck, you'll draw one card per day - i.e., seven Daily Cards from your Deck of the Week that allow you to get to know the deck better, to hone your reading skills and get new insights about your life.

In a Planetary Week reading, we don't only draw a card per day but also give it a topic. We focus on motifs, topics, patterns in our lives, inspired by the planetary ruler of every weekday.

On Saturdays, ruled by Saturn: Obstacles and Blockades,
on Sundays, ruled by the Sun: Inspiration and Goals,
on Mondays, ruled by the Moon: Dreams and Fears,
on Tuesdays, ruled by Mars: Conflicts and Challenges,
on Wednesdays, ruled by Mercury: Interactions and Change,
on Thursdays, ruled by Jupiter: Power and Influences, and
on Fridays, ruled by Venus: Love and Attraction.

The focus words I chose for each planet/day are not binding. Please don't limit yourself to the two short words if you feel other aspects of the planet are relevant to your reading.

There are different ways to perform a Planetary Week reading.

Traditional: draw a card per day and use the prism of the planetary influence to connect the card to your day and life.

Selective: select a card that suits the topic of each weekday and use it as affirmation and empowerment to improve your life.

Day-by-day: draw or pick your daily card one by one through the week.

Summarily: draw or pick all cards together before the week starts and treat them as a complete reading.

And what about those who just want to have a Deck of the Week, Card of the Day reading? They can just jump in and leave the planetary lore away.

Share pictures if you can or want to.

No matter how we do it - by reminding ourselves of the planetary regents and their influence, we re-connect to the sevenfold cycle of time that our ancestors established, with their eyes to the sky.

Deck:

Saturday, 9.3.
ruled by Saturn - Obstacles and Blockades

Sunday, 10.3.
ruled by the Sun - Inspiration and Goals

Monday, 11.3.
ruled by the Moon - Dreams and Fears

Tuesday, 12.3.
ruled by Mars - Conflicts and Challenges

Wednesday, 13.3.
ruled by Mercury - Interactions and Change

Thursday, 14.3.
ruled by Jupiter - Power and Influences

Friday, 15.3.
ruled by Venus - Love and Attraction
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: My Planetary Week #13 March 23 - 29

Post by Joan Marie »

This week I am using a beautiful new deck that was gifted to me recently by a very sweet and beautiful person, the Japaridze Tarot by Nino Japaridze. I've been testing it out the last couple of days and I find it very magical to read with.

So I'm giving it a go here for the first time in the Planetary Week readings.

Saturday, 9.3.

XX - Judgment
XX - Judgment

This deck contains a lot of beautiful peaceful images, but it does not shy away from darkness. This card for example with the stormy sea at night and swarm of black birds. But there seems to be a sun breaking through, drawing the birds into it.

Peace and chaos tend to coexist. It feels like the sooner I realise that and embrace it, the better off I'll be. You can't always pick and choose, though it seems like that would be nice. Chaos is as normal a state as any and much can be learned from it and it offers many surprises. It challenges our sense of equanimity and gives us a chance to develop ourselves.

Sunday, 10.3.

Ace of Tides
Ace of Tides

The Ace of Tides / Cups
I like the connotation of Tides for cups. The idea that tides come and go, are constantly moving and changing states and that every state is important and does not enhance or diminish the other.

I listened to an interview with the legendary Dick Dale who passed away last week. In case you're not familiar, he was the master of surf guitar. He was an innovator and inventor.
I saw him perform live once in Santa Cruz California.

I'm gonna tell you a story and I don't care if you believe it. It happened just like this.

I lived in the neighborhood of this small club where he was appearing. I decided at the last minute to go to the show. I was alone. Throughout the show, he would toss his guitar pick into the audience (I later learned it was because they got so hot from the way he played and the massive strings he used on his guitars that they started to melt all the time). People were jumping and diving for them. They featured his cool logo on each one.

I was standing back a few rows from the stage, alone just enjoying the music when he started to play the Jimi Hendrix song, "Third Stone from the Sun". In case you don't know, this was a song Jimi dedicated to Dick Dale and at the end he even says "you'll never hear...surf music...again."

Needless to say, Dick Dale's live rendition was fucking mesmerising. At the end of the song, he looked right at me, leaned way forward holding out the pick he'd used to play that song. People were jumping for it and trying to grab it like the others but he pulled it back from them and said, "no." Then he held it out again, looking straight at me, and waited for me to come forward and take it from his hand. He smiled at me and knew that I was blown away by that song and the way he played it.

It was a moment.

Later, he did something I never saw anyone ever do. He walked off the stage, playing his guitar (wireless) and walked right out of the club into the street with everyone following him out and walking behind him like some kind of Pied Piper. I have tears in my eyes right now remembering it.

Anyway, why am I telling you this. Listen to the short interview I linked above. He describes how surfing, being tossed about and bashed by waves taught him what it really means to go with the flow. It's not just a cliche'. There's no up without down, no in without out, and none of it is good or bad, it's all part of the same thing. And that is my inspiration and goal today. To remember that. Not just for today.

And RIP to one of our time's great genius souls. Dick Dale.

Monday, 11.3.

monday.jpg

The Four of Gardens (Pentacles)
This is a pretty good representation of a dream and a fear. The idea of being in control or being controlled. And the little hummingbird over the man's shoulder reminds that there is another possibility, that of being free. Could it be that it is all a choice, a way of looking at things?

Tuesday, 12.3.

The Empress
The Empress

This Empress has a lot going on and she's trying to keep it all going. But she's the Empress so of course she is. I love the big yellow sky, the power and influence of the sun, but there is also that big red blob (Mars Attacks?)

She'll be fine as long as she remembers who she is.

Wednesday, 13.3.

The Fool
The Fool

The Fool. This is kind of funny because as I was shuffling I was thinking about wanting to contact Cade Burkhammer and see if he wants to do an interview about his deck The Wise Fool. I probably should approach that "interaction."

Additionally, regarding change, the Fool represents beginnings and I really have that feeling that I am on the cusp of something. I have so many ideas and things in my head at the moment and I struggle in some way because I think they should be organised but in truth, I don't do so badly just going at things as they come and pursuing what moves me at given moment. If I can just be comfortable with that this Fool might make some progress in spite of herself.

Thursday, 14.3.

Two of Tides
Two of Tides

Two wolves. Looks like a mother and kid. Brown-eyed mother and blue-eyed kid. Looks like some influence and power between me and my son. I can feel that.

I just looked at the companion book and it says it is a dog and a wolf. Different animals but something in the background that is the same. This card feels like relationships healing. Lovely.

Friday, 15.3.
ruled by Venus - Love and Attraction

Ace of Gardens
Ace of Gardens

The Ace of Gardens!
The weather here is turning to spring, slowly, and today my love and I worked in the garden, getting it started ready to open the season. So this card is spot on. I put up my little greenhouse, bought some seeds, tomatoes and sunflowers mostly. The Aces are like the seeds of the suit and I am really feeling this one today.

And what beautiful colors.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Myperception
Sage

Re: My Planetary Week #13 March 23 - 29

Post by Myperception »

Deck: Rana George Lenormand

Saturday, 23.3.
1553355095738393.jpg

Dog
Been for a meeting with property owners/contractor, i trust they will engage our consultant services. We are ready to help, to give guidance. They also in need of our helps. We are seeing how to work together in our differences.

Sunday, 24.3.
1553421771366262.jpg

Birds
Been having great chat with family whole day. Talking about work, our work, our friends, as well as i am going to tender resignation tomorrow. I always enjoy the time and good conversation spend with family.

Monday, 25.3.
1553517894321301.jpg

Moon
Just tendered my resignation this morning and also signed an acceptance new employment letter. I did 2 in a go for this morning. My current employer said will come back on their decision to me by this week. Today i see some recognition in my work. But work wise, i did have alot of issues need to handle. I felt abit guilt that i need to leave but i felt happy to venture new career. Mix emotional feelings.

Tuesday, 26.3.
1553615504084428.jpg

Letter
I was busy whole day with all sorts of tailor-made vacation packages drafting. Eventhough i had resign, but i still need to carry on my duties. There are so much differences in pricing etc. Just need to pay alot of attention into this today.

Wednesday, 27.3.
1553784025189211.jpg

House
A day that i had meeting without my immediate boss, it's peace. A property care taker on medical leave, i can excuse from the meeting, well, another peace for me. Today just everything is peace. I can be more relax while chairing the meetings.

Thursday, 28.3.
155378403223665.jpg

Snake
Just received a message early morning from boss, need to find alternatives of a mission impossible task, well, i just try my best tomorrow and see how it goes. A trouble day, a day that i need to study how to find options.

Friday, 29.3.
ruled by Venus - Love and Attractions
20190330_000943_compress_69.jpg

Woman
Today feeling about self love. Got a nice massage, good dinner for myself. And a nice homemade lunch by my close friend's mother. Had long chat session with my 2 male close friends in the afternoon and night. I felt good.

Return to “My Planetary Week”