This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

My Planetary Week # 6 - February 2 - 8

We look at our lives through a crystal or prism. Each day of the week we use our cards to take a look at another aspect.
Nemia
Sage

My Planetary Week # 6 - February 2 - 8

Post by Nemia »

This is an invitation to work with one card deck for one week in a group reading.

You can pick any deck: tarot, Lenormand, Kipper, oracle or playing cards. From this deck, you'll draw one card per day - i.e., seven Daily Cards from your Deck of the Week that allow you to get to know the deck better, to hone your reading skills and get new insights about your life.

In a Planetary Week reading, we don't only draw a card per day but also give it a topic. We focus on motifs, topics, patterns in our lives, inspired by the planetary ruler of every weekday (for background information, look here).

On Saturdays, ruled by Saturn: Obstacles and Blockades,
on Sundays, ruled by the Sun: Inspiration and Goals,
on Mondays, ruled by the Moon: Dreams and Fears,
on Tuesdays, ruled by Mars: Conflicts and Challenges,
on Wednesdays, ruled by Mercury: Interactions and Change,
on Thursdays, ruled by Jupiter: Power and Influences, and
on Fridays, ruled by Venus: Love and Attraction.

The focus words I chose for each planet/day are not binding. Please don't limit yourself to the two short words if you feel other aspects of the planet are relevant to your reading.

There are different ways to perform a Planetary Week reading.

Traditional: draw a card per day and use the prism of the planetary influence to connect the card to your day and life.

Selective: select a card that suits the topic of each weekday and use it as affirmation and empowerment to improve your life.

Day-by-day: draw or pick your daily card one by one through the week.

Summarily: draw or pick all cards together before the week starts and treat them as a complete reading.

:!: And what about those who just want to have a Deck of the Week, Card of the Day reading? They can just jump in and leave the planetary lore away.

Share pictures if you can or want to.

No matter how we do it - by reminding ourselves of the planetary regents and their influence, we re-connect to the sevenfold cycle of time that our ancestors established, with their eyes to the sky.

Participants:
Nemia
Sage

Re: My Planetary Week # 6 - February 2 - 8

Post by Nemia »

If you want to use a template for the week and just fill it in, here is the template I use:

Deck:

Saturday, 2.2.
ruled by Saturn - Obstacles and Blockades

Sunday, 3.2.
ruled by the Sun - Inspiration and Goals

Monday, 4.2.
ruled by the Moon - Dreams and Fears

Tuesday, 5.2.
ruled by Mars - Conflicts and Challenges

Wednesday, 6.2.
ruled by Mercury - Interactions and Change

Thursday, 7.2.
ruled by Jupiter - Power and Influences

Friday, 8.2.
ruled by Venus - Love and Attraction
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I decided to pick the first deck I see when I go through my drawers, with my list of not-yet-used decks on my mind. And here were are: the Kitty Kahane deck.

It's the result of a swap and it's actually the RWS drawn by an artist well-known for her style (at least in Germany) - Kitty Kahane illustrates books, designs china and I like her style although I wouldn't fill my house with it. But she definitely has her own visual language.

Now is that enough to design a tarot deck? I have the creeping suspicion that Kahane doesn't have much to do with tarot personally. She simply translated RWS into Kahanian, which looks interesting and has some quirks that tarotists can use to find new aspects in the cards. But the totally anemic, blah-blah New Age speak booklet written by a tarotist in that (for me) unbearable Everything-means-Everything-and-Everything-is-so-wonderful style puts me off the deck totally. It's a generic little book, it doesn't relate to the images at all, and brrr I really don't like it. Sorry, but I really dislike this totally un-concrete style. I KNOW it was written without even looking at the cards.

The author wrote books about the RWS and the booklet reads as though written for the RWS, with some phrases about colourful art thrown in for good measure.

But the deck deserves a chance. Many decks have been the result of a commercial artist fulfilling a commissioned job, and have done so very well.

Deck: Kitty Kahane Tarot

Saturday, 2.2.

Sunday, 3.2.

Monday, 4.2.

Tuesday, 5.2.

Wednesday, 6.2.

Thursday, 7.2.

Friday, 8.2.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Deck: The Stretch tarot

I've been using this deck lately for some personal readings and it's been very helpful to me.

I really do need to acquire some more decks soon. Part of the fun of My Planetary Week is exploring the decks. But here I go again with this beautiful Stretch Tarot.

Saturday, 2.2.

sat.jpg

I keep drawing this guy. This wizened face is definitely trying to tell me something.
And now he pops up on Obstacles and Blockades day. Maybe I have been too focused on the guide word, Guidance. And as I wrote that sentence I saw the humor.

This King wants to be seen, and understood. And I feel like I can't really see or understand him. This indicates to me that I need to do some some serious learning. I feel like I am always learning things but maybe my approach has been too distant in some way, a bit dilettantish, one foot in, one foot out. It could just be a sign of my limited abilities, or my giving into those limits.

I wrote a blog post earlier this week on exactly that topic. It was really about Human limitation and the audacity to transcend it. This appears to be something I need to look very hard at.

Sunday, 3.2.

sun.jpg

Another King. This one adventuresome and passionate about learning and experiencing, yet, as a King, in control of these strong feelings.
That's a goal. This follows well the theme begun yesterday. I feel I am entering a time of much learning. And to get the most from it requires a certain level of confidence and openness to risk, risk of surpassing the limits I have set for myself, of even just seeing past those limits. And taking down the barriers I have made for myself.
Something is waiting for me. I sense that.

Monday, 4.2.

mon.jpg

Another strong card. The High Priestess. The knower and keeper of secrets and truths. Funny, I had a dream last night that was so strange and so weirdly detailed that I will never share it with anyone. In my dream I was able to not in any way internalise the things that were happening. They were not me, even though things were happening to me and around me, I remained psychically unaffected.

This card reflects to me my feeling of being stronger, of realising that I have not been diminished by things that have happened to me. I have been able to detach myself from events and the actions of others and this has been so freeing. To be a force of calm in the presence of unrest is what I am working toward. This is not easy for me.

The High Priestess is also a card of learning and the importance of monitoring the quality of input. This is not the time to take click-bait and go down useless rabbit holes. This is the time for study and research and new experiences.

Tuesday, 5.2.

tues.jpg

This card has the keyword "conflict". The figure is trying to avoid conflict by pretending not to see it.
I have to keep this in mind this week. I have a situation. I am not seeking conflict and don't want to trigger it but I need t remember to be ready to face it and to face it calmly and logically and also with confidence. In the face of conflict it's easy to buckle under it or to do the opposite and dig in your heels against it. Both are wrong and lead to unproductive drama. Conflicts are just problems to be solved. I need to remember to start there.

Wednesday, 6.2.

wed.jpg

I haven't got the power today to fight any situation, but I have the will to proceed and this is where I need to remember that Strength is not about imposing my will, it's about having the patience to allow things to unfold, to direct events not so much passively but without great expectations. Having the Strength to trust in things coming together as long as I don't give up or give in, which I am wont to do today. The change I am looking for may not happen today. And that's all right.

Thursday, 7.2.

thurs.jpg

The Magician. I wish I could pull a "rabbit" out of my hat right about now.
This is a strange image of the magician. In the background is an exposed brain with a kind of needle poking at it. There is a blurred face. I sense a kind of madness. Someone I love very much is suffering from mental health issues. I would do anything to help. But you have to be careful and very mindful how you help people in this situation. You can do a lot of good. You can also make things worse.

All the cards this week have been pointing me toward measured action. This can be hard for me. But I will try very hard to remember it. Maybe this card is telling me I need to sit with my cards and contemplate this situation and find my best course of action.

Friday, 8.2.

fri.jpg

The Knight of Cups. A beautiful end to this week. This image from the Stretch Tarot has a sort of Magician feel to it with that top hat, so a nice follow on from yesterday. I really feel like these cards this week told a story. maybe they do every week and if I have time I may start ending the week with looking at the cards together and see what it tells me.

Regarding Love and Attraction, the Knight of Cups is known to be very charming. This one certainly is. And with a touch of magic. And love is a kind of magic isn't it? It can change anything.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

Deck: China Tarot (artwork by Der Jen)

Since we are celebrating Chinese New Year in Asia countries for this week. I would like to use this deck which is related to chinese historical custom. I drew a set of cards for the whole week, as I foresee i am going to be busy with errands.
1549211368467618.jpeg

Saturday, 2.2.
The Wheel
Our family had some prayers for a blessing year passed and preparing to welcome the lunar new year. We did many cleaning and clearing for our altar table. Upon completion of the whole errands, i felt there is a cycle of year had come to an end, we are going to welcome the new year with new transformation. Everything is going to restart again !

Sunday, 3.2.
4 of wands
Me and my brother was helping Dad to move furnitures. This was the time, me and brother work together equilibrium to get our task done. We didnt really had opportunity to team up and get things done in past as we both were very busy with our lives and we didnt stay under the same roof. Now, i can see we sync well and get things done in short time. My dad has a masculine daughter and a masculine son. What a balance LOL

Monday, 4.2.
2 of pentacles
I always perceive pentacles related to money. From here i wish i have some new contract agreement of new job coming in. Though i had sign up with a company to onboard on 11 Feb. But anyhow i dont feel good about it. Just a sense. No facts. So i am still unintentionally hope for miracle. If it's really happen...

Tuesday, 5.2.
Knight of wands
I think i may have to travel today to get some new year errands done. Or its a new year i should be able to learn to leave things behind and move forward. Be firm on my decision and just walk the path with no fear.

Wednesday, 6.2.
The lovers
Since i am still single and available. Of course i hope i am starting a date. But unlikely it will happen that soon. And we are in long public holiday. I dont think i will meet anyone. Therefore it maybe apply to family. For this festive season, it's time to enjoy the affection show to us by our family. L.O.V.E

Thursday, 7.2.
It's another movement, dynamism sign. I wonder what movement i can have since i had sign up the new job and left the current job? If family matters, there is no changes or movement to be expected. Let's look out.

Friday, 8.2.
4 of cups
This is a growth, consolidation of an acquaintance, i am hoping to rekindle with someone that i appreciate as a close friend. Wish it will be the good news. Otherwise i think i can also be peace and just accept how things are now. I am happy too !

Return to “My Planetary Week”