This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

New Thoth Deck

A place for beginners and experienced alike to delve into the Mysteries of Tarot's most enigmatic deck.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussions regarding the study and appreciation the the Thoth Tarot.
QueenofWands
Seeker

New Thoth Deck

Post by QueenofWands »

Someone just gifted me a Thoth deck to help me get started on my Tarot journey with a physical deck...I love the beautifully detailed and vibrant imagery! Queen of wands is so powerful in this deck. :)

What resources do you recommend for getting started learning more about the imagery specific to this deck. I know Crowley had a lot to add and bring to the tarot table (so to speak) but this deck came with the LWB and there's a lot to dig into beyond that with this deck I think.

Thoughts?
QoW
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: New Thoth Deck

Post by Rachelcat »

You will need Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot by Lon Milo DuQuette. It's VERY helpful (unlike the first three times you read Crowley's Book of Thoth)!

And check out the cards by date on the top of the home page.

And if you want to be tempted by another deck, or get deep into Thoth territory, you will eventually want the Tabula Mundi Tarot. http://www.tabulamundi.com/ It's the best!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I concur that the Duquette book is where to start specifically for the Thoth. You can also get quite a lot out of regular tarot books, though, for basic reading technique, spreads, etc.
I believe in Crystal Light.
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

One of my dearest old friends is the author of The Thoth Companion . We were study partners back in the 1990s and discussed the Thoth deck and exchanged readings in coffee shops for years before he wrote it. We've fallen out of touch and its been a decade since I did any readings/research with the Thoth cards myself. But after you finish
Lon Milo DuQuette's book (DEFINITELY the place to start), give MOS's book a shot.
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons

Return to “Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot”