This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Sacred Days of Midsummer 2018: June 14 - June 25

Join us here for Card Reading activities based on seasonal and celestial occurrences.
Nemia
Sage

Re: Sacred Days of Midsummer 2018: June 14 - June 25

Post by Nemia »

Didn't you have the Devil? *confused*
I Sunshine
Sybil

Post by I Sunshine »

Nemia wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 14:38 Didn't you have the Devil? *confused*
Yes I had the Devil.... not Death. No wonder you are confused. My bad!! :oops:
And come to think of it, I equate those two cards very often. So, just another issue I have... or another avenue to explore. Considering I have walked (stormed) away from traditional Baptist Religion, I am pretty sure this is left over baggage. Will I ever have enough time to explore it all?
Sorceress Vibes
Seer

Post by Sorceress Vibes »

This reading continues to really hit the nail on the head for me! I'm loving it!! I've got 5 majors and 2 courts so far.

It seems like I'm not the only one having that kind of experience. I'm so enjoying everyone's posts!

Velvetina, did you say what card you got? Your deck is beautiful, but hard to work out which tarot card! 😍 is it 9 of Wands?
velvetina
Seer

Post by velvetina »

Sorceress Vibes - it was the 9 of Wands :) I've corrected it now.

Yes, my deck is delicious, but tricky to see the detail (I use a magnifying glass!) and not very straightforward. However, it's proving remarkably insightful.

I'm loving reading all the other contributions.

Stronglove, I've a Greenwood too, if you ever want to compare notes :)
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

my cards for june 17, 18, 19 and 20
four of stones, for juno, an area of fertile growth in my life...
a beautiful card, with the sun rising, rays of light illuminating the solid structure of four sacred stones. the sun is essential for fertile growth. but the sun can be dangerous too, its rays can be destructive. fortunately, the stones are protecting what is young and vulnerable, they are saving the little fawn, not from the sun’s light but from its fire.
this tells me that i am awakening, almost ready to meet the sun’s heat, to bloom, but that i still need some protection, that i shouldn’t rush out from behind those stones yet to meet the sun’s blast full on. fertile growth needs sun, yes, but most living organisms (including me) need some soothing shadow as well. the stones here represent my house and the sacred garden i am designing, and i feel permission to seek shelter in its filtered light and enclosure and will continue to hide behind it until i feel ready to come out.
eight of arrows for the festival of strawberries.... well, that’s interesting.... not a strawberry in sight in this card, it looks cold and barren, a figure struggling against the wind and snow....what does that imply? how does that connect to the sweetness of life and living in the here and now?
from cesca potter’s text:
“a person....has difficulty finding their way home. a feeling of being alone, struggling in many aspects of one’s life. a need for support, to open one’s heart to the potential ‘hearthfire’ and for others to reach out and help.”
i think this quite accurately describes where i’m at in my life right now. still reeling from the loss of my sweetheart and struggling to reclaim myself as a single, autonomous person who is now truly alone, having to find her way home, needing to create her own ‘hearthfire’ to warm herself, and at the same time having to learn how to reach out to others. i think i need to stop imagining myself as that struggling lonely figure, i have to look around and try to see and feel the sweetness of life, taste those strawberries. one of my cards in another reading gave me the image of the empress, who takes time to smell the roses. i could decide to take her example and be more in the here and now. after all, i’m right in the middle of summer, so wherever i look i can find plenty of strawberries and roses....! (the white ones in my new garden are in full bloom and have a wonderful fragrance)
the queen of wands for the oak king, showing me where my strength lies.
omg it’s a hare..... i love them! there are plenty of them in my area, i see them almost every day..... they are magnificent, strong, incredibly fast, smart (they have always managed to outrun and outsmart my two hunting dogs) and yet so soft and gentle..... could it be that i am like them? wow, this is something major to ponder and explore..... Cesca sees the queens as holders, placed at times of stasis, so they belong to the solstices and equinoxes, they embody empowered stillness..... wow!
“in the tarot card a hare stands facing the dawn, looking towards a new future.” how appropriate, so spot on.....“an empowered and energized person with the ability to utilise their full potential, as long as they are not tempted to use that power against themselves or others.” yes!

i am so amazed at the depth of these cards.... wow!
9E96BB1D-43D8-48A6-97F3-C922E5216C24.jpeg
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Yes, what a gorgeous and powerful deck. I have the cards as computer files but I don't know what is the best way to print them. Did you print yours at home or did you have them professionally printed?
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

no, i bought them from nina in denmark. she made high quality prints and then laminated them. that makes them a bit hard to shuffle but i don’t mind that. i do get many ‘jumpers’ though....:lol: :lol: :lol: so with this deck i don’t pay attention to them, just put them back with the other cards.
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Ah, that's where that deck ended up :-) I was tempted to buy it from her but it was a bit too pricey for me. (I bought two other decks from her which I like very much.) It looks wonderful, such a strong imagery - like born from the womb of the earth.

So, today is the 25th and our sacred days are over. Thank you to all of you who participated, posted their readings and pictures for twelve days - I hope you all felt that these days are special. There are others, in other forums, who celebrate these days, too. Thank you again to Raven of Summer for the idea - I love thinking of the invisible connection between tarotists in different corners of the world, attuned to these days.

See you all in September for the Autumn Equinoxe reading!

Participants and links to their readings:

Nemia - Rosetta Tarot

Velvetina - Tarot of Thousand and One Night

CharlotteK - Roots of Asia Tarot

Sorceress Vibes - Cosmic Tarot

Charlie Brown - Fournier Tarot de Marseilles

I Sunshine - Chrysalis Tarot

Return to “The Four Corners of the Year”