This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

January Reading Groups

Old News we just couldn't part with entirely
Charlie Brown
Sage

January Reading Groups

Post by Charlie Brown »

FYI, we WILL be having January reading groups, but they'll be starting a few days late. Check back soon! :geek:
I believe in Crystal Light.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: January Reading Groups

Post by Joan Marie »

Charlie Brown wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 06:36 FYI, we WILL be having January reading groups, but they'll be starting a few days late. Check back soon! :geek:
Charlie Brown, I just noticed your new signature text. 👍

I am easing into the new year here. I will get us set up for reading groups sign-ups in the next day or two.

CB will be hosting TdM and I will be doing the Fictive readings with Lenormand again.
Checking on another one.

Looking forward to getting back into it!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Joan Marie wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 15:16

Charlie Brown, I just noticed your new signature text. 👍

I've noticed it for some time. I don't understand it. I didn't dare ask because that would just show up how ignorant I am. But Charlie Brown, what does it mean? Why is the grammar all funny ?

I hope this time I'll get some feedback. Because although these readings are useful for the querent, they are mostly useful for the readers to see if their readings make sense and to get some constructive and positive criticism and feedback. Doing readings for others is not what I enjoy most when it comes to the Tarot, I'm always nervous and unsure of myself - it's a huge responsibility - so when I do them, it's nice to get some kind of response. Belenus seems to have vanished so I'll stop waiting now for the response and move on.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Diana wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 15:43 I've noticed it for some time. I don't understand it. I didn't dare ask because that would just show up how ignorant I am. But Charlie Brown, what does it mean? Why is the grammar all funny ?
It was something a spammer wrote. It was pretty hilarious. It's been deleted but lives on in this cryptic sig text.

Diana wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 15:43 I hope this time I'll get some feedback. Because although these readings are useful for the querent, they are mostly useful for the readers to see if their readings make sense and to get some constructive and positive criticism and feedback. Doing readings for others is not what I enjoy most when it comes to the Tarot, I'm always nervous and unsure of myself - it's a huge responsibility - so when I do them, it's nice to get some kind of response. Belenus seems to have vanished so I'll stop waiting now for the response and move on.
This happens. Could be the holidays. Obviously we really do ask that there is feedback, that's part of the point of all this, but sometimes it doesn't work out. Sometimes people just flake but usually they mean well. Maybe drop a PM to Belenus.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

There was a poster here—who ended up getting deleted and banned for aggression and spam—but he was a strong advocate for digital cards. My signature is something he said. Presumably as a condemnation. The syntax is weird because English clearly wasn't his best language.

It's time to change it as soon as something else strikes my fancy.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Diana wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 15:43 Doing readings for others is not what I enjoy most when it comes to the Tarot, I'm always nervous and unsure of myself - it's a huge responsibility - so when I do them, it's nice to get some kind of response.
Diana, I was thinking that you may want to have a go at the "Fanciful Lenormand" reading group. I know Lenormand is not really your thing, but there is no more fun way to practice it than this, and because the questions are all taken from fiction, there is no pressure at all, and yet, the readings can get really intense.

Have a look if you like, viewtopic.php?f=241&t=2226 There is also a link to our last round of readings there. We really had fun. I think it's a really good exercise for a lot of reasons, and that it even helps with tarot readings because of how it loosens you up.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Just a quick reminder that sign-ups for the 3 January Reading Circles ends soon.

If you would like to join in, just go to this link.

You can choose between Fanciful Lenormand Readings, Tarot de Marseille, and Using the Celtic Cross.

If you've never joined a reading group before have a look here and see what it's all about.

The more the merrier!

Return to “News Archive”