This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

☆✮CoT One-Year Anniversary✮☆

Old News we just couldn't part with entirely
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

☆✮CoT One-Year Anniversary✮☆

Post by Joan Marie »

Saturday May 25th, World Tarot Day, is the “official” 1-Year Anniversary of the Cult of Tarot Forum.

It’s been such a great year. The forum has grown so much. Just a few days ago we reached another milestone with the registration of our 500th member!

As the forum enters it’s second year of life, I want to share a couple of updates and reminders.

To begin, (here it comes) I am now offering everyone the chance to become a subscriber to the Cult of Tarot.

What does that mean?

It means you have the chance to kick in a little bit to support the forum! It’s not a big ask, (subs start at $12 USD per year) but if enough people do it, it will really make a difference.

What do you get for a subscription? Well, here’s the deal.

This forum has been advertisement-free for members since the beginning. Recently, I started running google-ads, but they are only seen by guests viewing the forum. If you are a logged-in member you do not see those ads.

I intend to keep it that way. I thought about changing it so that only subscribers had a Google-ad-free forum, but I don’t want to do that. I know it might be an incentive to subscribe, but, I just don’t want to do that.

I also thought about making areas that are only accessible to subscribers. I don’t really want to do that either. I want all members to be able to continue using every part of the forum, to be able to buy/sell & trade, to be able to promote their decks and kickstarters, join reading groups, everything.

So what do you get for a subscription to Cult of Tarot? Well, honestly, about the same as if you don’t subscribe. But I did think of 2 things to offer.

First, if you have a Tarot or esoteric related product (decks, books, magazines etc) or service or blog or event, or a shop or website or whatever, and you choose the 3rd level subscription, you can run 3 promotional messages (ads) on the forum for one year. (1 at a time)

I know I said the forum would stay ad-free for members, but these would not be the random google-ads that guests see. My plan is to have tasteful and unobtrusive messaging from members. I will do my very best to not upset the flow of the forum and cycle all the ads through a limited number of ad-portals. I may be dreaming, but I’m imagining ads that actually enhance the forum experience.

Second, I have a little giveaway.

Everyone who subscribes between now and the end of June will be entered in a drawing to win one of my few remaining Cult of Weimar tarot decks. This is the Tarot deck I created based on the aesthetics of 1920's Berlin. I sold-out the first edition but I did keep hold of a few and will part with one of these rare beauties to a lucky subscriber.

(If you happen to already own one of these decks, and you are the winner, I will instead make you a gift of my upcoming Lenormand deck, The Friar’s Delight.)

If enough people subscribe, I will part with 2 decks for the drawing.

So there’s that. Think it over. Then have a look at the subscription site which is located at my fledgling unfinished website, Rabbit’s Moon Tarot, and see what you think.

Meanwhile in other news, if you haven’t filled out your personal member profile yet, you’ve probably forgotten about it so I’d like to remind you that it’s a good place to log some info about yourself and your decks and some other interesting things. It’s a nice thing to do.

Also, if you are new or even if you’ve been here a while, take a few minutes and share your Tarot Story if you haven’t already. And read the one’s that are there. Every story is so different, it’s just great to see. And especially if you’ve not yet posted anything or very much, sharing your Tarot story is a good way to get into the forum. I really encourage everyone to do it.

Thank you for reading this message. I cannot tell you all what this year has meant seeing all this activity, all the different people with so many ideas and talents and points of view.

It’s been great and I can’t wait to see what Year Two brings.

Thank you all for everything, and here’s that subscription link again!
Joan Marie

*you don't have to be a registered member to subscribe, but why not just join too? 😉
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
BlueStar
Sage

Re: ☆✮CoT One-Year Anniversary✮☆

Post by BlueStar »

Hi Joan Marie. Congrats on the 500th member! I can totally understand you wanting to have subscriptions - forums take time and money to run. I think it's a fair range of subscription prices you are offering:) The promotional ad one sounds like a good idea. If there was some added extra to be offered over non-subscription I would guess though that might entice people more to opt for them (what I don't know...maybe others have some ideas) When will the subscriptions be available (it mentions Paypal Sandbox is enabled on the checkout page, which suggests it's not live yet...), I'm up for subscribing:)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

BlueStar wrote: 19 May 2019, 17:17 (it mentions Paypal Sandbox is enabled on the checkout page, which suggests it's not live yet...), I'm up for subscribing:)
It's hard testing your own stuff sometimes.
I just disabled the sandbox. (thank you so much for telling me)

Hopefully it works now!

Also, if anyone is still having trouble with the subscription site, please let me know, but I think it should be good now. Fingers crossed.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
HOLMES
Sybil

Post by HOLMES »

Congrats on one year anniversary..

i hope it grows a lot more ! to your liking i mean,, :lol:

Return to “News Archive”