This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Topic 1000

Old News we just couldn't part with entirely
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Topic 1000

Post by Joan Marie »

I saw that we were at topic 999.

So I decided to be the one to post Topic 1000. ( eta: I missed it by 6 minutes. This is topic 1001!)

And I guess it's a good chance to thank everyone who has participated in getting the Cult of Tarot off the ground. It's not easy getting something like this going. It's harder than I thought it would be. I still believe in it. I still believe it can become something great.

I look so forward to the next 1000 topics. I can't wait to see what you all bring to the table.

Any thoughts on this milestone? What are your thoughts on the first 1000 or what you'd lke to see for the next 1000?
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
jaq
Sage

Re: Topic 1000

Post by jaq »

.... and you have 1132 posts!

Yes, building a forum is really hard. But you're doing an awesome job! I hope it doesn't burn you out.

I really liked the monthly Intuitive Reading Circle at AT. Would love to see something like that again. If I wasn't up to my ears in two big projects right now, I'd run it.

Maybe we could also talk a bit about how Tarot touches on/interacts with (or not?) in the rest of our lives. For me, there's quite a bit of overlap with writing and my spiritual practices.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I never feel burnt out, I really enjoy the work. Sometimes though I admit I get a little impatient that it's not growing faster. I have this idea in my mind that (speaking of the number 1000) there is a tipping point where activity and growth will become steadier. That tipping point in my mind has always been around 1000 active members. This would provide a good percentage of "contributing" members (those who post at least occasionally) to get the place growing.
jaq wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 01:17 I really liked the monthly Intuitive Reading Circle at AT. Would love to see something like that again. If I wasn't up to my ears in two big projects right now, I'd run it.
An intuitive reading circle is a good idea. I will take a look and see if it is something I can start. Although if anybody else wants to have a go, just let me know and I will support you any way I can. You don't have to make an on-going commitment, just give it try and see how it goes.
jaq wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 01:17 Maybe we could also talk a bit about how Tarot touches on/interacts with (or not?) in the rest of our lives. For me, there's quite a bit of overlap with writing and my spiritual practices.
I like this too. How we use Tarot in our lives is an important and interesting facet of our practice for sure. Maybe it needs it's own category. Let me think on that, and please make suggestions if you have them.

I have to admit I hesitate to make these kind of posts because my thinking is that this place is here for you all to enjoy so I am loath to bother you all with these kind of concerns about growth etc. but then I realise that this is kind of our village and we all want it to thrive and succeed. I appreciate you letting me share these concerns and all the support you give. I couldn't be happier with what we have built and the quality of it and I wouldn't trade that for "quantity" ever.
Mythic Silence
Seer

Post by Mythic Silence »

Greetings,

I'm very excited to have found this forum - I've missed being part of a Tarot forum community. Although I tend to be more of a "lurker" than a "poster," forums are my favorite type of online community and I get a lot of joy out of them. Thank you for all of the hard work you've put into creating a well-rounded place for Tarot enthusiasts and congratulations on the 1000 topic milestone!
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" - Alan Kay

Visit www.mythicsilence.com for reviews, sample readings, and more!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Mythic Silence wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 22:14 I'm very excited to have found this forum - I've missed being part of a Tarot forum community.
I'm so glad you've found us. Thanks for your nice message and Welcome.

Return to “News Archive”