This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Kaleidadope Tarot, by Krystal Banner

How do you get acquainted with your decks & what do they tell you about themselves?
Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION: Getting to know a deck before you start putting it to use is a useful and interesting practice, especially when you have a lot of them!

Here you can share with us your Deck Interviewing techniques and what your decks have to tell you about themselves.
Tomatosauce
Sybil

Kaleidadope Tarot, by Krystal Banner

Post by Tomatosauce »

I recently bought Krystal Banner's Kaleidadope Tarot, a contemporary deck with a simplified, hand-drawn style, using a lot of clever contemporary references. Here's my deck interview, using the deck interview spread found in Autostraddle's Fool's Journey column.
IMG_0002.jpg
1. Tell me about yourself: What is your most important characteristic? Seven of Swords
This is kind of an interesting card as an answer to this question. I think this is a warning that I'm going to have to be clever to keep up with this one.

2. What are your strengths as a deck? Knight of Wands
I've followed the creator of this deck online for several months now, and I know she's put a lot of passion into it. The wand here is carnelian, known for boosting expression. I see this deck as an ally for creativity and self-expression

3. What are your limits as a deck? 2 of Swords
Not super into telling me what to do. Got it.

4. What are you here to teach me? 7 of Cups
But IS interested in helping me deepen my own evaluation of my choices. Interesting. Going from 2 of Swords to 7 of Cups I see a suggestion that this deck can help me move beyond trying to make choices just on a rational basis, but instead integrating my emotional self into my decision-making.

5. How can I best learn and collaborate with you? The Hermit
A journey within- I've been feeling lately like I've got some stuff to unpack, and maybe that's the suggestion here.

6. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? 9 of Coins
The 9 of Coins is always a welcome outcome, especially right now and I'm contemplating some possible career moves. But with the rest of the cards falling the way they did, I think the real statement here is about a mentality of abundance.

Return to “Deck Interviews”