This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

learn the style and artists point of view

How do you get acquainted with your decks & what do they tell you about themselves?
Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION: Getting to know a deck before you start putting it to use is a useful and interesting practice, especially when you have a lot of them!

Here you can share with us your Deck Interviewing techniques and what your decks have to tell you about themselves.
AncientMother
Seeker

learn the style and artists point of view

Post by AncientMother »

A new deck, so fresh and tight, hard to shuffle at first so I do a random swirl on the bed with ALL the cards swishing them around and getting a feel for them. I have a seer crystal I use a lot and place it on my forehead 3rd eye for a few minutes with one hand while the other hand is rifling thru the cards - still all turned down. Then I will pick up a random card and see what I feel then look at it try to read it then I go for the artists interpretation and see how well we mesh. I get a feel for their style this way. This may take several days before i go thru them all.

Once I have done this I feel familiar with the deck and can try a reading for myself just a simple 3 card one. and from there I move on to more complicated spreads.complicated
Let there be light

Return to “Deck Interviews”