This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Halloween Rituals

Discussions of the journeys we make towards something greater, or at least more interesting!
Amoroso
Sage

Halloween Rituals

Post by Amoroso »

What rituals, ceremonies, or spiritual practices do you plan to perform this Samhain?

Besides conducting some special seasonal readings and lighting some candles for loved ones who passed away, I shan't be doing much. I'm thinking that I might glean some ideas from the others here.
Start strong
End stronger
CharlotteK
Sage

Re: Halloween Rituals

Post by CharlotteK »

Great question!

I met with my druid grove last night for a wonderful Samhain ritual.

We closed the autumn solstice gate and opened the Samhain gate. We called peace to the quarters and honoured the elements and spirits of each. Then we remembered our ancestors in a very beautiful ceremony as we moved around our circle, connecting with them quietly in each quarter. We blessed a branch of sacred yew with water. Then we blessed a hammer for the toil and work of our ancestors and a sword for their protection and sacrifice in the great wars. We then considered how we are ancestors of the future and reflected on what would be our legacy.

We took up our brooms and swept the past year behind us as we moved aorund our circle and stepped into the new druidic year.

Then we remembered loves ones gone, sent out energy and healing to people we know need it and thanked the universe for healing and blessings given.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

I knew that Catholics (All Saints') and Wiccans practice All Hallows' masses/rituals, but I only came across the OBOD recently. I was curious about this so I appreciate your detailed account, CharlotteK.
Start strong
End stronger
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

CharlotteK wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 16:44 Great question!

I met with my druid grove last night for a wonderful Samhain ritual.

We closed the autumn solstice gate and opened the Samhain gate. We called peace to the quarters and honoured the elements and spirits of each. Then we remembered our ancestors in a very beautiful ceremony as we moved around our circle, connecting with them quietly in each quarter. We blessed a branch of sacred yew with water. Then we blessed a hammer for the toil and work of our ancestors and a sword for their protection and sacrifice in the great wars. We then considered how we are ancestors of the future and reflected on what would be our legacy.

We took up our brooms and swept the past year behind us as we moved aorund our circle and stepped into the new druidic year.

Then we remembered loves ones gone, sent out energy and healing to people we know need it and thanked the universe for healing and blessings given.
What she said...lol! My eldest and I are a member of the same order as my sister Bard here and are enacting our rite tomorrow evening. Very excited to for tomorrow evening. We adapt our rites a bit as there are only two of us but the celebration is wonderful nonetheless. This year I plan to incorporate more remembrance of ancestors and offer appreciations for the many things they taught us, or fought to provide for us.
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

A Blessed Halloween/Samhain/All Hallow's Eve/All Saints' Day/All Souls' Day/Day of the Dead to everyone.
Start strong
End stronger

Return to “Exploring the Spiritual Paths”