This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What is Tarot to you?

Discussions of the journeys we make towards something greater, or at least more interesting!
Sunbow
Seeker

What is Tarot to you?

Post by Sunbow »

Greetings, I am new here. For whomever wants to share Personally: Is tarot a divination tool? A self help tool? Affirmations for the day? A method for contemplating the physics of time? Or a fun way to 'spend' time? An activity that brings Peace with the journey? Or all? Or something different?

Personally it has elements of all these things. Have had just two really clear precognitions, I know time is not linear or random.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: What is Tarot to you?

Post by Joan Marie »

Such a good question @Sunbow

I think tarot is different things to me at different times.
I know I'm glad I found it because it has brought something to my life that has given it something like dimension.
Or maybe a hook to hang my hat on.

But it feels like part of me, something that helps me reach back and connect the present moment to something timeless and without boundary.

There is hope in a tarot deck, in a tarot reading. A trust that there is some kind of order in the universe, a continuity that can be grasped and experienced. I feel it when I start to shuffle.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: What is Tarot to you?

Post by Joan Marie »

I just had another thought regarding your interesting question @Sunbow .

Tarot gives us a chance to day-dream. It gives us permission to let our minds wander and explore free from the confines of immediate reality.
If your mind is prone to day-dreaming and you try to suppress that inclination (as we are all, sadly, taught to do) you run the risk if misinterpreting reality because you haven't truly understood your day-dreaming nature.

Freely indulging in a bit of abstract thinking is as important to the development of a healthy mind as sleep is.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “Exploring the Spiritual Paths”