This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Do fallen divine spirits exist and incarnate?

Discussions of the journeys we make towards something greater, or at least more interesting!
Angelus
Seeker

Do fallen divine spirits exist and incarnate?

Post by Angelus »

Hello all!

please, move this thread where do you think it suits better, as I am not sure where to post it.

It is a synchronicity. After me posting a thread in which I mentioned some persons I have known, claiming they were before birth some sort of divine spirits, or angels, fallen into matter due to some reasons, I have been talking with one of these persons for first time in some time. Is a strange, wise and idealistic person, intelligent, messy, very kind, with occasional flashes of wrath and dark mood. However. we have not talked again about spiritual matters. This subject has captivated me for a lot of time...Do you think, really, exists a thing like enlightened spirits or angels, fallen into matter living common lives?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Do fallen divine spirits exist and incarnate?

Post by Joan Marie »

Angelus wrote: 15 Jun 2019, 18:54 please, move this thread where do you think it suits better, as I am not sure where to post it.
Hi Angelus, I thought your post fit best here in "Exploring the Spiritual Paths."

Such an interesting question you ask.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Angelus, I imagine that your question is a bit daunting to answer for many of us. Although we all I would think have our own beliefs on this, according to the spiritual teachings we follow.

I too have my beliefs on this. But I would think you would be better off seeking the answer to your question in the various Scriptures of the world and the writings and teachings of the mystics of the world - Jesus, Buddha, Shankara, Lao Tseu, Baha'u'llah', and so on. The poems of Rumi also. Plus the more modern mystics of course, as the truth is always revealing itself through the ages.

There are also some remarkable channellings as well that are available. But there are also a lot of channellings out there that are not of a very high frequency with a lot of ego behind them, so I would be very cautious when one stumbles upon these. They could confuse one with their contradictions.

I could though, to add something personal to this post, say that I would think an enlightened being should be able to do whatever it wishes to do and if it so desires could embody on this earth. But in that case, it would not have FALLEN into matter, but chosen to use a body such as we know as its vehicle. It's doubtful that it would have come therefore without a very specific purpose. As for angels, I don't know anything about angels, sorry.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
chongjasmine
Seer

Post by chongjasmine »

I believe fallen angels exist.
They are originally created perfect, but fall as a result of sins.
For God so loves the world that He gives His son Jesus that whoever belives in Jesus shall not perish but have eternal life.
HOLMES
Sybil

Post by HOLMES »

so If I am reading your correctly..

we are talking about the city of angels type of where they angels fall and become human like nicoholas cage,, and not your fallen angel becomes a demon type of anology .
it is possible,, however i was thinking can it not be the reverse as well, where we can talk about a lower spirit seeking the light and becomes human on earth,, he was evil for lack of a better term,, but now is neutral on earth.

tbh , i never seen anyone claiming one of these.if i saw one of these, would I wonder if they belong in a mental institution.
then again i read in a very small area of the country only twice a year.. so it might be differnt if i was reading full time in a major city.
katrinka
Sage

Post by katrinka »

That's a matter of faith. Faith, by definition, is something that someone believes, but has no way of knowing. There's no empirical proof of the existence of divine spirits, much less whether they incarnate.

People certainly can behave like angels and devils, though. :lol: My mother once advanced a theory that angels can "jump into" dogs, based on some of the selfless acts that dogs are capable of. But the same dogs will steal your dinner off the table when you get up to answer the door. It really does seem like the angels are only in them sometimes. Likewise, I don't know of any humans who are always good, other than in religious texts, which are often allegorical rather than historic. So my best guess is that if divine spirits do indeed exist and they're "in" people, it's a part time thing. ;)
"Protect your spirit, because you are in the place where spirits get eaten." - John Trudell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyb9mPfwNhs
litefoot13
Sybil

Post by litefoot13 »

katrinka wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 21:51 But the same dogs will steal your dinner off the table when you get up to answer the door. It really does seem like the angels are only in them sometimes.
Hey, you never know, having your dinner stolen could be part of some ineffable plan! ;3

The concept as set out in the first post reminds me of a few people I've seen on tumblr who feel that they are faerie changelings or fae-touched, in a variety of ways.
Pun intended, they seem to be quite similar in...spirit. ;)

Lighthearted quips aside, to me belief is what is most important. If they truly and wholeheartedly believe that to be the case, then in some way it probably is...for them. Not so for everyone, of course.
For instance, while I would say it could be very possible for a divine spirit to decide to find a way to reside in human flesh for a time, I do not believe in 'fallen' spirits (and in fact technically not 'spirits' at all, but many small fractionated versions of the same Being that every single person who tries to connect with it sees differently, and thus to me the difference in religions is merely the inability of humans to see Everything That Is and thus to incorrectly interpret it.).
Does that mean I'm going to call your friend wrong? Certainly not, they merely have a different viewpoint, since they are seeing their circumstances through a different set of eyes.

...my, my, I need to not post late at night, I end up rambling for far too long. x3
I go by Arie. :3

Return to “Exploring the Spiritual Paths”