This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Tibetan singing bowls

Discussions of the journeys we make towards something greater, or at least more interesting!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Tibetan singing bowls

Post by Joan Marie »

I went to the Flea Market yesterday.

There was a guy there selling Tibetan things. There were these beautiful, very old, cards with all kinds of symbols and designs. He told me what some of the symbols meant. They were like tarot cards in some way. I would have loved to have all of them. Or even one. But they were quite dear.

Then I started looking at the Singing Bowls. He had some really old ones. I tried them all out.

I listen to Tibetan singing bowls on youtube very often. But I had never played one myself. It was really amazing the calm and focus that I felt holding the bowls and feeling the vibrations travel through my hand and down my arm.

I decided to take the advice of "Today's Card" (now yesterdays card) and I gave into the feeling and purchased one of the bowls. Not a real old one (also very dear), but one that felt friendly to me.

I spent some time yesterday evening with it and after about 20 or 30 minutes, I could feel the vibration of it through my whole body, and it stayed with me long after I stopped.

If you ever get a chance, check it out. It's a great experience.

I'm still learning to do it right, to get the best sounds, but here's a little sample from this morning. I think you can hear it over the airplanes and traffic.

Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
katrinka
Sage

Re: Tibetan singing bowls

Post by katrinka »

They're wonderful, aren't they?
Try putting some water in it and playing it. ;) https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... ing-bowls/
"Protect your spirit, because you are in the place where spirits get eaten." - John Trudell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyb9mPfwNhs
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

I have one that I can fit in my palm. It's compact and powerful. Aside from the sound, I like how it vibrates in my hand, and how I can just wrap my fingers around it to halt it.

I'm seen crystal bowls but haven't heard them in action yet.
Start strong
End stronger
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

Tibetan bowls are beautiful. I have a CD somewhere of them. It's amazing and interesting how sound vibration can affect how one feels, either to balance and calm or disturb (if you have the wrong vibrations!)

Return to “Exploring the Spiritual Paths”