This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Hidden messages in cards?

A catch-all forum for the things that don't seem to fit elsewhere. (please see guidelines)
Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION & GUIDELINES:
This is the place for Topics, Discussions, Questions, Opinions and things that don't seem to fit within an existing category on the forum.

*IMPORTANT: Please help keep things focused. Feel free to post what you want here as long as it relates to the spirit of the Cult of Tarot. That means Cards of all kinds, Occult, Spiritualism, Astrology etc.

Please don't post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.

Thank you so much
DaneClark
Seeker

Hidden messages in cards?

Post by DaneClark »

I asked the spirits to give me the answers to a bunch of questions by giving me a combination of cards that I could use some kind of complex cipher on. The cards I got were 9 of wands, knight of wands, rev. Magician, rev. Seven of pentacles, and Rev. Ace of swords. I would greatly appreciate it of someone could help me come up with some kind of complex cipher to pull large amounts of information out of this
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Hidden messages in cards?

Post by Joan Marie »

DaneClark wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 14:07 I would greatly appreciate it of someone could help me come up with some kind of complex cipher to pull large amounts of information out of this
Okay, but first, you should give it a try and tell us what you come up with and maybe people could collaborate with you.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
HOLMES
Sybil

Post by HOLMES »

I read your post and given it much thought.
I do not know how much tarot knowledge you have, or how experienced you are.

Regarding the tarot itself.
Each card depending on what system you use has it own system applied to it. Like numerology, astrology, qabbala,
Qabbalaha numerology.
The colours, symbolism also add to it.
For non illustrated minors called pips. The pattern if done correctly adds to it.

So for an actual cipher itself.
I am going to assume you be a sort of code breaker enthusiast, so i would work with spirit to come up with your own system.
It could be that tarot cannot be ciphered for as i understand it it would have to developed with the code already in it.
So i refer you to the first parts of the tarot which requires more study on your end.

For me i need a kind of context
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

DaneClark wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 14:07 I asked the spirits to give me the answers to a bunch of questions by giving me a combination of cards that I could use some kind of complex cipher on. The cards I got were 9 of wands, knight of wands, rev. Magician, rev. Seven of pentacles, and Rev. Ace of swords. I would greatly appreciate it of someone could help me come up with some kind of complex cipher to pull large amounts of information out of this

Hi DaneClark!

First off, welcome to this forum but that's a big request without a lot to go on. :)

I'm personally one of those metaphysical humanists who believes that spirits are usually personal egregores aka thoughtforms.

Depending on what type of tarot deck you are using- a Rider-Waite-Smith (RWS), Thoth, Tarot de Marseille, there are probably going to be alphabetic (especially Hebrew) and astrological correspondences attributed by the deck's author/artist to the cards. I'm personally studying what I call "the language of colors" and what different shades of ink probably meant to people playing card games or doing divination in the 1700s, which isn't a cipher but it is going to help me pull large amounts of information out of cards that were printed before machines took over and decks became a lot more limited for a while.

I'm not sure what complex cipher means to you; to me? I start thinking about fictional novels and conspiracy theories even though there's so much more to it than that. But if you are talking about classical algorithms? Cryptology isn't something I know anything at all about or how to apply it whatsoever to tarot, lol.
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons

Return to “Misc. Tarot Topics & Discussion”