This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

cartomancy and necromancy

A catch-all forum for the things that don't seem to fit elsewhere. (please see guidelines)
Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION & GUIDELINES:
This is the place for Topics, Discussions, Questions, Opinions and things that don't seem to fit within an existing category on the forum.

*IMPORTANT: Please help keep things focused. Feel free to post what you want here as long as it relates to the spirit of the Cult of Tarot. That means Cards of all kinds, Occult, Spiritualism, Astrology etc.

Please don't post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.

Thank you so much
inomminate
Sybil

cartomancy and necromancy

Post by inomminate »

Talking to the dead
I had an email recently about a course called cartomancy and necromancy. I wondered can we/do we/should we use the cards to talk to the dead?
TheLoracular
Sage

Re: cartomancy and necromancy

Post by TheLoracular »

I think this is a great topic.

I have a twitter friend, Katy Swallow (she has a website) who is both a medium and a cartomancer. I listen to her talk about her conversations with her ancestors and other spirits/ghosts with a strong sense that she is very sincere. It is clearly real for her and works for her. Historically, there's a lot of precedence in people who do both at the same time. I would send anyone wanting to talk and learn about what I will simply call spiritcraft (communicating with the dead and other spirits) her way.

But for me personally? My current set of beliefs get in the way. I'm too much in the spiritcraft = psychological not literal camp. Yet I keep that open mind that I might be the one who's wrong, lol. Maybe someday an ancestor or other dead person will show up in a way that makes it clear to me they aren't just my imagination.

So I just don't think its unethical... unless you are faking it and just putting on a show and charging money to use tarot to talk to ghosts on behalf of grieving querents knowing you are just making it up. I'm anti fake mediumship. And I couldn't do mediumship at this point in my life without being fake.
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons

Return to “Misc. Tarot Topics & Discussion”