This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Let me bitch about this

A catch-all forum for the things that don't seem to fit elsewhere. (please see guidelines)
Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION & GUIDELINES:
This is the place for Topics, Discussions, Questions, Opinions and things that don't seem to fit within an existing category on the forum.

*IMPORTANT: Please help keep things focused. Feel free to post what you want here as long as it relates to the spirit of the Cult of Tarot. That means Cards of all kinds, Occult, Spiritualism, Astrology etc.

Please don't post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.

Thank you so much
emporer
Seer

Let me bitch about this

Post by emporer »

My tarot cards have been extremely helpful in this trying time and it’s not so much the cards I wanna bitch about but the situation. The advice of the cards has been to stay open minded to all possibilities but try not to fixate on it just forget about it for now. The thing is is that i can’t get the situation off my mind and am tired of waiting around. I’m worried that eventually the tarot cards will stop giving me answers because I hit em up every day like “what about now” “what about now” w/ the same question pretty much. I want answers!!! Hate ambiguity. Can anyone relate
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Let me bitch about this

Post by Joan Marie »

emporer wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 06:59 Hate ambiguity. Can anyone relate
I find it's never helpful to ask the same question over and over. Doing that comes from frustration so it isn't surprising that the answers you get are also frustrating.

Maybe the problem could be helped by taking some time to really figure out better questions, questions that help flesh out more helpful answers.

I really believe that asking the right question (and it is a skill to develop) is every bit as important as being able to read and interpret the cards.

Personally, when my reading sounds to me like a newspaper horoscope (i.e. just super general, could apply to any situation or any person at any time) then I know I need to up my game. I think this what you mean by ambiguity. So often I find it is the question that is the problem.

Another thing that could help is using a spread that is really specific to your question. A good spread will help with getting more specific readings.
There is a thread here where people contributed a bunch of interesting 3-card spreads:
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=3700

(I have promised to consolidate them and I will still do that)
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Dear Emperor, I think everyone can relate! Unfortunately, you can't force Fate.

Maybe it's time to use tarot differently now. It sounds you're going through a Hanged Man phase. Why not take a good look at the Hanged Man, meditate about the card, write down your ideas about him, make your own version of the card? (If your situation resembles the 7 of Cups more or the 2 of Swords, by all means, take them).

Put the card that represents your experience next to your bed or computer, look at it, learn really what it means, let it amplify all the discomfort of your experience.

You can also go through the deck and pick a card for the outcome you desire - the outcome you fear - the outcome you can realistically expect. Pick the cards quickly without overthinking. Then, take a good look at them and write down what you see and feel.

In short, if you're really interested in tarot itself (and not only its ability to tell you what you want to know), you can use it to make your situation clearer to you. The Hanged Man is a perspective-changing card, the Two of Swords is about decision processes and we want to know and have to know, the Seven of Cups about the difference between dreams and reality... all of these cards can help you, or maybe you feel drawn to a totally different card?

Like Joan Marie said, if you keep asking the same question, you muddy the waters. In a way, it's like pulling more and more "clarifying cards" which most often don't clarify a thing. Too many cards are not easier to interpret but much more difficult.

Work differently with the cards now, let the question rest until you feel you have reached a new stage, until something has changed. If there is no change, there is no reason to ask the question again.

Oh and you can spend time here on the boards, it's a great way to while the time away :-)
Rose Lalonde
Sage

Post by Rose Lalonde »

emporer wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 06:59...The advice of the cards has been to stay open minded to all possibilities but try not to fixate on it just forget about it for now. The thing is is that i can’t get the situation off my mind and am tired of waiting around....
Hah, yes, I know that one! For me it was the tarot suggesting for several years that I get off my ass and do something about a situation - a lot of fiery Wands energy. I kind of dug my heels in and refused to budge even though I knew the advice was good. I guess it's like the old saying; the tarot 'can lead a horse to water, but it can't make it drink.'
"One mounteth unto the Crown by the moon and by the Sun, and by the arrow, and by the Foundation, and by the dark home of the stars from the black earth." LXV
emporer
Seer

Post by emporer »

Nemia wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 08:08 Dear Emperor, I think everyone can relate! Unfortunately, you can't force Fate.

Maybe it's time to use tarot differently now. It sounds you're going through a Hanged Man phase. Why not take a good look at the Hanged Man, meditate about the card, write down your ideas about him, make your own version of the card? (If your situation resembles the 7 of Cups more or the 2 of Swords, by all means, take them).

Put the card that represents your experience next to your bed or computer, look at it, learn really what it means, let it amplify all the discomfort of your experience.

You can also go through the deck and pick a card for the outcome you desire - the outcome you fear - the outcome you can realistically expect. Pick the cards quickly without overthinking. Then, take a good look at them and write down what you see and feel.

In short, if you're really interested in tarot itself (and not only its ability to tell you what you want to know), you can use it to make your situation clearer to you. The Hanged Man is a perspective-changing card, the Two of Swords is about decision processes and we want to know and have to know, the Seven of Cups about the difference between dreams and reality... all of these cards can help you, or maybe you feel drawn to a totally different card?

Like Joan Marie said, if you keep asking the same question, you muddy the waters. In a way, it's like pulling more and more "clarifying cards" which most often don't clarify a thing. Too many cards are not easier to interpret but much more difficult.

Work differently with the cards now, let the question rest until you feel you have reached a new stage, until something has changed. If there is no change, there is no reason to ask the question again.

Oh and you can spend time here on the boards, it's a great way to while the time away :-)
This advice is almost a little too spot on for my liking smh
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Perhaps instead of asking yet again about the situation, you can ask about yourself. Perhaps a celtic cross on why you are unable to get the situation off your mind or perhaps a five-card line asking what steps you can take to keep yourself balanced for the duration.
I believe in Crystal Light.
emporer
Seer

Post by emporer »

Charlie Brown wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 23:24 Perhaps instead of asking yet again about the situation, you can ask about yourself. Perhaps a celtic cross on why you are unable to get the situation off your mind or perhaps a five-card line asking what steps you can take to keep yourself balanced for the duration.
i think the cards are getting to the point where they're literally telling me to figure it out for myself and calm down so this is accurate
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Not to get too off-topic, but i am in the midst of a technical operation that is WAY over my head so I have had to spend a lot of time on tech forums asking for assistance and let me tell you, with these tech types, if I don't ask the question exactly right, the answers I get are either just more questions or something so obtuse I want to cry.

They force me to really think in directions my mind is not used to going and to think hard about what I'm doing and pinpoint exactly, exactly, what the issue is. (There are many btw) The more specific and clear my question, the better the answer I get.

Talking to tech guys is really not unlike doing tarot. :lol:
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “Misc. Tarot Topics & Discussion”