This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Book Depository is delivering to my country again!

A catch-all forum for the things that don't seem to fit elsewhere. (please see guidelines)
Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION & GUIDELINES:
This is the place for Topics, Discussions, Questions, Opinions and things that don't seem to fit within an existing category on the forum.

*IMPORTANT: Please help keep things focused. Feel free to post what you want here as long as it relates to the spirit of the Cult of Tarot. That means Cards of all kinds, Occult, Spiritualism, Astrology etc.

Please don't post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.

Thank you so much
Mokona
Seer

Book Depository is delivering to my country again!

Post by Mokona »

This is a pretty random thing to post about and I apologise. I also know that Book Depository is not much better or more ethical to buy from than Amazon. But most of my decks are from these sites because I literally don't have other places to buy from where I live (I live in India). Since Covid began, Book Depository stopped delivering to my country for over a year and it really limited the decks I could buy because Amazon and Betterworldbooks have a much more limited stock of decks that ship to me. Sometimes I relied on Bokborsen.se but Sweden doesn't always ship to India; with this current wave of Covid that has hit India and the new mutations of the virus occurring here, many countries have closed borders to flights to and from India.

So even though I should be having mixed feelings about Book Depository resuming deliveries to India... honestly, I'm really happy. I'll finally be able to buy decks- mass-market decks, mind you- that I couldn't access before, like the Tarot of Mystical Moments, and Lisa Porter's Journey to the Goddess Realm. And the wave of Covid that is hitting my country right now is the worst ever, just when I thought that if my country made it through the way we have for the past year, when it wasn't as bad, we'll be fine... suddenly things are really bad in my country. So I guess I can allow myself to be happy about something like this, buying from evil corporations I mean, because we should be able to savour whatever joy we can allow ourselves.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this bit of happy news here, because it really is happy news for me. :D
Nemia
Sage

Re: Book Depository is delivering to my country again!

Post by Nemia »

Isn't that great? I often have a similar problem that either I can't order to my country at all, or that I'd have to sell one of my (worthless) kidneys to pay for it! Our wish lists resemble :lol: but the Mystical Moments is not available right now :-(

My best wishes concerning India's Covid crisis - may things soon get better and then to normal again.
Mokona
Seer

Post by Mokona »

Nemia wrote: 05 May 2021, 09:49 Isn't that great? I often have a similar problem that either I can't order to my country at all, or that I'd have to sell one of my (worthless) kidneys to pay for it! Our wish lists resemble :lol: but the Mystical Moments is not available right now :-(

My best wishes concerning India's Covid crisis - may things soon get better and then to normal again.
Yes! God, shipping costs are more than what the deck itself costs most of the time. This is why I rarely allow myself to look at indie decks. I know I probably won't be able to buy them. Some of them still end up on my wishlist, but I don't actively try to acquire them like I do mass-market decks.
When I checked Book Depository today it said the Mystical Moments is available! It's a newly released deck though so I guess it'll be out of stock more than it's in, for a while.
Thank you so much :cry: we need the good wishes! I just wish I could see the end of this! We've been bearing it too long.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I noticed it's in stock now - they didn't send the e-mail they promised though.

I'm a huge BookDep fan, don't know what I'd do without it.
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

bookdepository my fav too! & decks like this just add to my wishlist! :D
https://www.bookdepository.com/Hocus-Po ... 1647225728

p.s my country & plenty others also in virus crisis 5th wave!://
hopefully we'll see the end of it eventually,,,

Return to “Misc. Tarot Topics & Discussion”