This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Off Topic, but not really

A catch-all forum for the things that don't seem to fit elsewhere. (please see guidelines)
Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION & GUIDELINES:
This is the place for Topics, Discussions, Questions, Opinions and things that don't seem to fit within an existing category on the forum.

*IMPORTANT: Please help keep things focused. Feel free to post what you want here as long as it relates to the spirit of the Cult of Tarot. That means Cards of all kinds, Occult, Spiritualism, Astrology etc.

Please don't post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.

Thank you so much
Charlie Brown
Sage

Off Topic, but not really

Post by Charlie Brown »

I felt moved to write about this somewhere. CoT isn't the most logical place but, then again, it might be. Through tarot, many people focus on and/or experience moments of synchronicity, spiritual resonances, and connections across time or distance. Such is this.

I was scrolling through twitter and came across a post by a woman I don't know. Why it popped up I can't say. She posted a picture of her deceased son whose birthday would have been today. He was born about the same time I was and, looking at his picture, I felt the loss of him. He looked like someone who could have been my friend of colleague. Someone who could have helped me do better in this world. I've never met him and will never know him but I feel his absence.

Bon soir, mon ami
I believe in Crystal Light.
Nemia
Sage

Re: Off Topic, but not really

Post by Nemia »

Oh dear Charlie, I'm so glad you wrote about him. Let him be unforgotten. It may comfort his parents a bit that others carry his memory further. I'm sure there was a reason why you saw his picture today.
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

I had an odd dream two nights ago, where I was talking to the actor Ryan Gosling. Try as I might to steer the conversation to his movie Fracture - wanting to know of his experience working with Anthony Hopkins - the name of the film continually alluded me. I had watched the German version a few years ago and the title is very different. So it was a little strange seeing Anthony Hopkins yesterday win the Oscar for best actor.

Also, the thread on Reading & Pronouncing the Sepiroth led me to read this article on the Hebrew meaning of 0 The Fool. I found it fascinating that the Hebrew alphabet has 22 letters, the same amount as the number of higher arcana cards.
The RWS tarot has The Fool clothed in lots of Hebrew symbols and writing - which now makes more sense.
With this in mind, it grabbed my attention that the UK Government has just issued 22 sanctions world wide in an attempt to combat serious corruption. A curious number, I thought. This gives me hope that these new tools being implemented will eventually filter down to more mundane levels of corruption that might otherwise go easily unnoticed. A news story I shall follow with interest.

We probably experience many synchronous and spiritual connections each day, to a greater or lesser degree. Some are quickly forgotten, while others resonate more keenly. Anyway, fingers crossed I might dream of Rosamund Pike (also from the Fracture movie), wearing her Queen Andromeda outfit. :D
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I'll write my opinion of this article in the Sephiroth thread, it doesn't fit here.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I'll write my opinion of this article in the Sephiroth thread, it doesn't fit here.
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

Nemia wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 01:20 I'll write my opinion of this article in the Sephiroth thread, it doesn't fit here.
I'll try to be more careful going off topic. :D
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Charlie Brown wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 19:31 I've never met him and will never know him but I feel his absence.
...and yet somehow he reached you. 🕊️
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “Misc. Tarot Topics & Discussion”