This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Tarot tourism

A catch-all forum for the things that don't seem to fit elsewhere. (please see guidelines)
Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION & GUIDELINES:
This is the place for Topics, Discussions, Questions, Opinions and things that don't seem to fit within an existing category on the forum.

*IMPORTANT: Please help keep things focused. Feel free to post what you want here as long as it relates to the spirit of the Cult of Tarot. That means Cards of all kinds, Occult, Spiritualism, Astrology etc.

Please don't post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.

Thank you so much
Eden
Seeker

Tarot tourism

Post by Eden »

Hi all, I'll be visiting the UK later this year, and am keen to visit some shops and places of interest that will scratch my tarot itch. I'll have the most time in London - 6 days - but will have a few days in Edinburgh and a couple of days in Dublin as well, although these will probably be fairly busy.
On my list so far for London I have Watkins and Treadwells as well as the British Museum. I would love any inside info from fellow cartomancers. Oh, it doesn't have to be just tarot. Anything you think of interest to someone interested in cards, magic and the like! Thanks in advance!
Flaxen
Seer

Re: Tarot tourism

Post by Flaxen »

Definitely visit the Atlantis Bookshop in London. It’s not far from the British Museum and is an institution in the magical scene. Gerald Gardner used to run a coven from there and Aleister Crowley was a regular visitor.

They might even have a talk or event on on the days you are there so that is worth checking too.
Eden
Seeker

Post by Eden »

Thanks Flaxen! Exactly the sort of thing I’m looking for! I’ll add that to my must-do list.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Watkins Books and Treadwell's are also worth a visit. They are not very far away from each other. All of them are excellent but different in their offerings. Atlantis is a lovely shop, very old. Watkins has a good tarot section and seem to have lots of events, talks, book launches etc. Treadwells have onsite professional tarot readers, an extensive selection of old books and some TdM decks that are not very widely available in stores.
Eden
Seeker

Post by Eden »

Thanks CharlotteK :) They all sound fabulous. I'm especially interested in old books and TdM, and any shop that is old and historic has instant allure for someone from Australia such as me. Can't wait!
Eden
Seeker

Post by Eden »

Popping back to the thread to say THANKYOU to CharlotteK and Flaxen for your suggestions. I visited Treadwell's, Atlantis and Watkins in October. Actually, I went twice! I had the best time, and I think it's no coincidence that I loved London more on this fifth visit than any other. I can highly recommend these shops to anyone else wanting a bit of esoteric goodness when in London.

Return to “Misc. Tarot Topics & Discussion”