This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

I don't like romance readings

Do you possess a controversial or unpopular opinion?
This is the place for you.
Forum rules
Greetings Trouble Makers.
This is the place where you can ask the difficult questions, raise some issues, be controversial, rattle some cages.

You just have to follow a few simple, fairly obvious rules:

1. The topic you bring up MUST be in some way tarot related (or Oracle, Lenormand, etc of course)

2. You can be controversial without being rude. The occasional emoji or accompanying image can do a lot to help you get your point and ideas across the way you mean them. Think of emojis as "clarifiers."

3. Let's all assume we all mean well. Sometimes, in writing words can come across harsher than they were meant (see rule 2 for help with this) but let's try to help each other gain clarity and not let discussions turn into arguments.

4. If you find yourself becoming heated about something here, go for a nice relaxing walk or something before replying. It's just an internet forum.

5. Stay open minded.

That should be enough for this to run smoothly.

Oh wait: VERY Important

6. This space is not for personal beefs with individuals. You can discuss the ISSUE but naming names in any derogatory way ain't gonna fly here. That's what Facebook is for. 💚
ej363707
Seeker

I don't like romance readings

Post by ej363707 »

I read professionally about twenty years ago. I was 19, it was in a redneck metal bar on the outskirts of town and I had no idea what I was doing. 90% or more of the questions were some version of "Is X the one?" or "Will X come back to me?" I at least tried to give good advice: "You won't find true love until you find yourself and you won't find yourself until you finish your degree." Or something like that. No one followed the advice and the same people asked the same questions the following week, assuring that I could pay my rent.

Now I'm trying to learn the Tarot in earnest. I joined a couple facebook groups where people share their spreads and interpretations as a way to practice. And it's the same questions in the same proportions. And they get under my skin. Especially the ones where the asker already knows the other person. If you already know them, why are you asking the Tarot? You already know the answer. That guy who constantly gaslit you then stole your microwave is not coming back. And if he does, call the police. What insight does the Tarot add to these situations?
Thelder
Sybil

Re: I don't like romance readings

Post by Thelder »

ej363707 wrote: 05 Apr 2022, 01:25 "You won't find true love until you find yourself and you won't find yourself until you finish your degree."
I totally agree! If some of these people spent as much time engaged in meaningful self-reflection as they do consulting the tarot looking for Prince (or Princess) Charming, I think they could get their lives and their relationships in order much faster.

Although there are many who use the tarot as a tool for inner growth, there seem to be just as many who repeatedly turn to the tarot looking for just enough hope to provide them the excuse they need to avoid the unpleasant task of self-reflection, or the need to face reality.
ej363707 wrote: 05 Apr 2022, 01:25 What insight does the Tarot add to these situations?
Sadly, the tarot can't add any insight to a situation if the person in question is not open to receive that insight.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: I don't like romance readings

Post by Joan Marie »

Great Devil's Advocate topic. :twisted:

I personally call these kind of questions, the "What's my boyfriend thinking?" inquiry.

It's not my cup of tea either, however, I do recognise that without the romance questions the Tarot would have probably died off into obscurity a long time ago. This particular line of questioning has historically been the bread-and-butter of diviners through the ages.

I tend to imagine that the majority of these questions come from younger people, which is to say, people (mostly women) in the throes of the most romantic, sexy, and drama-filled period of their lives. And this spills out into everything for them pretty much occupying most every waking minute.
It can be very intense. And you don't always think straight when you're going through this.

They are excited, confused, distraught, amorous, lusty and randy and looking for someone to listen to them.

Those were the days, amiright?

We get a lot of these inquiries here which is why I started the Love and Relationships section just to keep them all in one place (and away from the rest ;) )

Like I said, these are not my favourite inquiries mostly because I think they generally lack imagination, but it's hard for people when they are lost in a sex-fog. When I do take the time to respond (and I don't often enough) I try to encourage the person to turn the question on to themselves, like instead of "why won't he call me since we broke up?" ask yourself, "why do I need his approval so much?" or something like that.

Sometimes the person thanks me but then never follows up. I like to think that maybe I helped them somehow and now they don't need the reading. Or maybe they moved onto another reader or forum.

But when all else fails, you can always try out this spread:
dump him.jpg
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “The Devil's Advocate”