This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

A Question for INFJs

Do you possess a controversial or unpopular opinion?
This is the place for you.
Forum rules
Greetings Trouble Makers.
This is the place where you can ask the difficult questions, raise some issues, be controversial, rattle some cages.

You just have to follow a few simple, fairly obvious rules:

1. The topic you bring up MUST be in some way tarot related (or Oracle, Lenormand, etc of course)

2. You can be controversial without being rude. The occasional emoji or accompanying image can do a lot to help you get your point and ideas across the way you mean them. Think of emojis as "clarifiers."

3. Let's all assume we all mean well. Sometimes, in writing words can come across harsher than they were meant (see rule 2 for help with this) but let's try to help each other gain clarity and not let discussions turn into arguments.

4. If you find yourself becoming heated about something here, go for a nice relaxing walk or something before replying. It's just an internet forum.

5. Stay open minded.

That should be enough for this to run smoothly.

Oh wait: VERY Important

6. This space is not for personal beefs with individuals. You can discuss the ISSUE but naming names in any derogatory way ain't gonna fly here. That's what Facebook is for. 💚
Thelder
Sybil

A Question for INFJs

Post by Thelder »

I am in the process of writing a post for the Devil's Advocate. While contemplating that issue, a second slightly less controversial issue has arisen that I felt warranted its own post. I just hope that I can articulate it clearly.

I have witnessed first hand the almost supernatural ability that INFJs have to accurately discern information about another person's emotional state, character, and intent at a mere glance. This ability extends beyond personal interactions and has been demonstrated by simply viewing a photo of someone.

This raises the question as to whether an INFJ's ability to read tarot accurately will be negatively impacted by reading with cards that have actual photos of people on them because the INFJ will be receiving information about the human models used in the photographs that may have nothing to do with the message of the cards as a whole.

If there are any INFJs out there who read tarot, I would be interested to know if you find it difficult to read accurately with cards that have photographs of people on them?

Do you intuitively shy away from buying cards that have actual photos of people on them because you sense that they will cloud your judgment?
Pen
Sage

Re: A Question for INFJs

Post by Pen »

I had to google, but it seems I tick all the boxes. I wasn't sure if I should reply, but anyway...

I don't much care for photographic tarots unless they've been used as the basis for artwork. So I wouldn't read with these, especially if they featured close ups of faces. Faces from paintings would be fine and vintage photos of whole people at enough distance would probably be OK, but having said that I only read for myself so perhaps my input's not very helpful.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Thelder
Sybil

Post by Thelder »

Pen wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 08:32 I had to google, but it seems I tick all the boxes. I wasn't sure if I should reply, but anyway...

I don't much care for photographic tarots unless they've been used as the basis for artwork. So I wouldn't read with these, especially if they featured close ups of faces. Faces from paintings would be fine and vintage photos of whole people at enough distance would probably be OK, but having said that I only read for myself so perhaps my input's not very helpful.
Thank you so much for your response Pen. Your input is always helpful and greatly appreciated! Although the question was directed toward INFJs, anyone is welcome to comment. I apologize for not including a definition for the term INFJ. I will include a definition in this post, as the other post I am working on for The Devil's Advocate is going to take some time to complete. @Pen

The term "INFJ" is used to describe one of the sixteen personality designations developed by the mother-daughter team of Katherine Briggs and Isabel Myers.

The INFJ personality is considered the rarest of the sixteen personality types and is characterized as someone whose preferred mode of relating to their environment is Introverted, Intuitive ("N" is used for this designation because the letter "I" was already used for the previous designation), Feeling, and Judging (judging: meaning a preference for a structured and decided environment).

One outstanding characteristic typically associated with INFJs is their almost supernatural ability to accurately discern information about people from clues that are imperceptible to most other people (which is why they usually make good counselors) .

There are a number of test available online for anyone who is interested in determining their own personality type, which can be very helpful in finding (or creating) the right career, educational path, relationship, and home environment.
prescottarot
Seeker

Post by prescottarot »

I'm an INFJ, according to the different tests I've taken, but I'm not sure I buy into Meyer-Briggs. It is true though that I take in a lot from people's faces and avoid any kind of photography artwork in my Tarot decks. I'm not sure if the reason is the one you described (getting distracted/a different message), but I never get tarot cards or journals with a face photography on them. Can't stand it! Need it to be some kind of drawing

Return to “The Devil's Advocate”