This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Day 1 - The Mother Night of Dreams

Please join us as we greet the change of seasons and consider a new theme each day.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Day 1 - The Mother Night of Dreams

Post by Joan Marie »

Monday Dec 20th is the First day of our 12-day reading. (For a full description of it, see this post)

Here is the theme:
Day 1: Mother Night of Dreams: - Dec 20th
This card reminds us to look for a particular message in our dreams tonight. The ancients believed that our dreams on this night foretold some of the important events in the coming year.
Go ahead and post your reading for Day 1 in this thread.

A new one will be opened each day.

Have fun! I'm realy looking forward to seeing all your dreams!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Day 1 - The Mother Night of Dreams

Post by Joan Marie »

Obviously, the rules to all of this reading exercise are subject to every whim of nature and spirit.

I had an unusual night's sleep last night so I think I'd like to examine it as well as the upcoming night's sleep. Compare & contrast like the old test question asked!

Here is the card I drew:
A perfect start!
A perfect start!

I had an unusually long sleep last night. I awoke once at around 5am to my pet bunny licking my nose. That is an extremely odd sensation I assure you. Also funny. Out my window, which due to a recent re-arrangement of furniture is now directly visible from my bed, the light from a big yellow full moon was pouring in on me. I went back to sleep.

I had what I call a couple of "anxiety dreams." These are dreams where I am late for something and obstacles keep coming up. But what was super unusual was in this one, not only was I relatively calm despite the chaos but there were people helping me. Normally in these kind of dreams I'm all alone trying to solve everything myself and when others appear it's only to add to the chaos, but this dream was different. And not only were people helping me, they were also very calm about it all.

Yes the chaotic situation was there, but I was not alone.

I normally wake up from an anxiety dream exhausted, unrested. But from this one, I awoke feeling very well.

This beautiful card from the Pierre Madenie 1709 Tarot, expresses that calm.
She's busy, both hands full, yet serene.

I'm looking forward to tonight's dream.
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

I awoke this morning from a dream and was perusing CoT while making my coffee when I came upon the solstice reading. I hope it's okay to just jump in here and participate.

This was the dream I woke from: I had been sentenced for some crime and my punishment was to be assigned for some time to the editorial staff of a student paper. It was a humorous periodical with political and social themes produced by university kids and I was at a meeting where we were barnstorming ideas. Their jokes were unfunny and their concerns highly superficial, at least I thought so. I couldn't relate, but thought I should make an effort to collaborate. My jokes left them cold, however, and they were totally unfamiliar with the events and figures I mentioned. They exchanged barely concealed eye-rolls and cringe-laden grimaces.

Continuing the theme of being over the hill and irrelevant, I pulled a card from The Dylan Tarot:
ace of rain C.jpg

The suit is Water - what I consider my suit. It is an older, modern-day Dylan, but the first card in the RAIN suit. The card's Upright song is Spirit on the Water, the title taken from the Bible's first book, Genesis, before the Earth and mankind were formed. The Reverse song is Buckets of Rain, the last song on Dylan's album about the demise of his marriage, Blood on the Tracks. This was also the album that broke his years-long writer's block and marked his return to form. In short, everything points to beginnings and ends, their interconnection, and what makes them unique. I am getting old - I am dated and irrelevant - but what's the use of messing around with the dead? I'm alive and have to stop looking back and carry on. I look forward to comparing last night's dream with the dream I wake up to tomorrow.

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

chiscotheque wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 17:36 I awoke this morning from a dream and was perusing CoT while making my coffee when I came upon the solstice reading. I hope it's okay to just jump in here and participate.
Absolutely! So glad you've joined in.

Your dream reminds me of a time years ago there was some tribute to Dylan on TV and they kept calling him "the voice of a generation." At the end Dylan himself got up to perform and after a few minutes of his singing, my son who was a teenager at the time, looked me dead in the eyes and said "Really? THAT'S the voice of your generation?"

It's hard to imagine what Dylan's singing must of sounded like to him. I know that someday (soon) the same will happen to him.
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

ha ha - yes, there is something ironic about Dylan being called the "voice" of his generation (an epithet he hates). if he's its voice, the generation needs a lozenge.
I sometimes wonder about later generations - as tiresome as it is to hear the chorus of Knockin' on Heaven's Door yet again, at least it has words, a mood, and a melody one can recognize and remember, whereas to me so much modern music doesn't (showing my sour dinosaur-ness here).
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi all! Jumping in for our first day!

Dec 20.jpg

XVIIII lo angelo, Judgment
Well, it is a very dreamlike image, an angel confidently treading through space while blowing a long golden trumpet. A dream of flying perhaps? I’ve never had one though. I do feel like I’m on the brink of a change in my life. Of course, I’ve felt like that for the last 7 years. And it’s been right every time! Now that I’ve given up on the idea of having to have a life purpose, maybe I’ll be more open to real change and being surprised by what I’m going to be next!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Joan Marie wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 09:19 I had what I call a couple of "anxiety dreams." These are dreams where I am late for something and obstacles keep coming up. But what was super unusual was in this one, not only was I relatively calm despite the chaos but there were people helping me. Normally in these kind of dreams I'm all alone trying to solve everything myself and when others appear it's only to add to the chaos, but this dream was different. And not only were people helping me, they were also very calm about it all.

Yes the chaotic situation was there, but I was not alone.

I normally wake up from an anxiety dream exhausted, unrested. But from this one, I awoke feeling very well.
Wow! That's so interesting! All my anxiety dreams have to do with finding a working bathroom. And not finding one. But a recent one wasn't so bad because we were racing around an airport looking for a place to change into bridesmaid dresses (not the more desperate need for a bathroom), so I guess that's an improvement!

Good luck with your dream tonight!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Rachelcat wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 21:00 Now that I’ve given up on the idea of having to have a life purpose, maybe I’ll be more open to real change and being surprised by what I’m going to be next!
I feel like this last 18 months or so, or I guess nearly 2 years now, have really re-set a lot of people's expectations about life. I think just not being able to make plans at all was a very weird thing to adjust to and really altered perspectives.

Life purpose sort of falls into that category too I think because it requires planning or some expectation of events following a recognisable sequence that can somehow be controlled.

It's like we we've all learned to live with uncertainty as a norm. Which is always the way it was, we just didn't know it yet!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

chiscotheque wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 20:00 I sometimes wonder about later generations - as tiresome as it is to hear the chorus of Knockin' on Heaven's Door yet again, at least it has words, a mood, and a melody one can recognize and remember, whereas to me so much modern music doesn't (showing my sour dinosaur-ness here).
I once heard it said that if older people hate what the younger people are doing than they (the younger ones) are doing it right.
It does kind of make sense. ;)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

To add to my original post, I want to include my dream from last night.

Again vivid and happened just before waking. At least the one I recall did.

In it I had met a group of people, new friends. They were people I would not normally think would/could be my friends. They were "out of my league" as the saying goes. But there they were, welcoming me, introducing me to others. Opening new worlds for me.

In combination with my dream from the previous night, I find this very intriguing, very hopeful and surprising.

The people in the previous dream were people I know. In this one they were all new. But all were friends.

I lost 3 friends this last year. They died.
This could be the year to really value friendship, to see it, to accept it, to not be afraid of it.

I just remembered, the other day, Saturday, I was cleaning and I found a photo of a woman I met a few years ago. She was so great. We really connected immediately. I couldn't wait to see her again, to be her friend. Then she died. Suddenly. I only ever met her that one time. This is her photo.
renate.jpg

Return to “12-days of Yule Reading- Welcome the Winter Solstice”