This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

12 Days Of Yule -Winter Solstice Reading

Please join us as we greet the change of seasons and consider a new theme each day.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

12 Days Of Yule -Winter Solstice Reading

Post by Joan Marie »

GREETINGS ALL!

Please join us for the last of the Cosmic Signpost readings of 2021!
And this one we will do a little differently!

Four times per year we celebrate and connect to the change of seasons with a 12-day reading.
Each day has a theme and you are invited to draw a card from a deck you have specifically chosen to use for this purpose.

What is different this time is rather than each participant opening a thread to post all their 12 readings together, we will open a thread for each day and everyone is invited to share their reading for that day in that same thread.
I think that will make it more of a shared experience. It will also allow anyone to jump in whenever they feel for it.

If possible I really do recommend doing the full 12 days if you can. You can do a reading each day, a few at a time or all at once, it is your choice.

I am always surprised at just how intense and enlightening these readings are and what a truly powerful way to honour the change of season.

You can reply to this thread with any thoughts you have and if you'd like, please share with us the deck you plan to use.

The readings begin on Monday Dec. 20th.

I hope you will consider taking part.

Here are the 12 days with their themes. I may tweak them a bit just prior to beginning. I would love any suggestions you may have.

EDIT: Each theme below will be linked directly to the thread for that day.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ Sacred Days of Yule - Cosmic Signpost of the Winter Solstice
This spread will help you to learn to apply the tarot to enjoy and enrich your passage through the twelve festive days from December 20th to 31st. The meaning of each card in the spread reflects the energy of the festivity associated with each of the twelve days.

1. Mother Night of Dreams: - Dec 20th
This card reminds us to look for a particular message in our dreams tonight. The ancients believed that our dreams on this night foretold some of the important events in the coming year.

2. Yule - Winter Solstice: - Dec 21st
This card shows us how best to connect to the Light within and without - it symbolizes the Birth of the Sun.

3.The Time of Beth: - Dec 22nd
This card points to the inner blocks and resistance that is holding us back from following our dreams.

4. Hopi Time of Renewal - Dec 23rd
This card indicates the best way for us to seek purification and renewal, and to increase our understanding, compassion and empathy.

5. Feast of Mothers, Christmas Eve: - Dec 24th
This card shows how we can connect with the spirits of our ancestors for communion and to ask for wisdom and guidance.

6. Festival of Life, Christmas: - Dec 25th
This card shows us how to connect directly with Spirit.

7. Yuletide, Kwanzaa: - Dec 26th
This card shows us how to express nurturance, to attend to our families and to consider the role of tradition and ritual in our lives.

8. Birth of Freyja: - Dec 27th
This card points to issues of love, luck, artistic and creative expression and female wisdom.

9. Feast of Alcyone: - Dec 28th
This card gives us a personal inner message - one that speaks directly to our heart and spirit.

10. Day of Nymphs - Dec 29th
This card encourages us to connect to our playful side, our inner child and how best to cultivate this aspect of ourselves.

11. Day of Rest: - Dec 30th
This card shows us how to walk our path in a relaxed and confident way....with the ability to deal with stressful situations in a philosophical, detached way.

12. New Year's Eve, Hogmanay - Dec 31st
This card shows us how to release the old and let in the new. This relates to both our external lives and our inner being.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Ciderwell
Sage

Re: 12 Days Of Yule -Winter Solstice Reading

Post by Ciderwell »

As much as I enjoy these quarterly readings I won't be taking part this time. The Autumn equinox reading was just way too weird for me. You do realize some of those posts had over 400 views, and not one single person deemed to make a comment anywhere on this forum!

It's amazing the level of rudeness people can achieve.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm hoping the change of format creates an atmosphere where people feel more comfortable participating and commenting @Ciderwell

In any case, for me anyhow, it's about the readings, the experience itself. If people want to comment that's great too. 🙂
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

Joan Marie wrote: 12 Dec 2021, 19:36I'm hoping the change of format creates an atmosphere where people feel more comfortable participating and commenting.
Tarot has always been for me a fun game of cards, though, I'm now wishing to take more seriously. I've joined a Tarot learning course that I'll begin in January, (what a great way to start the year). It has an exclusive online site only for course users so I don't expect to be visiting here for a long while.

I'm hoping the Cult of Tarot gets back to how things were when I first joined. :P
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Ciderwell wrote: 12 Dec 2021, 22:00 I've joined a Tarot learning course that I'll begin in January, (what a great way to start the year).
Cool! Best of luck to you!

Meanwhile, this 12-day reading exercise is a great way to end 2021 and greet the change of season.

I'm really looking forward to it and to the new format and to sharing it with everyone who is interested! 💚
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I really like the new format, too! It will really feel like we're doing it together! I'll be in, and I'll be using my Budapest Tarot. It's becoming a bit of a tradition!

Thanks for leading us, as always!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

We are just a couple of days away from this.

I haven't chosen my deck yet, I always tend to do that right at the last minute and that "system" has served me well so far.

I hope you can join us! I think this new way of doing it, with us sharing our readings together each day will bring even more meaning out for us all.

Really looking forward to the first night as my dreams have been really vivid lately and the reading is about just that.
1. Mother Night of Dreams: - Dec 20th
This card reminds us to look for a particular message in our dreams tonight. The ancients believed that our dreams on this night foretold some of the important events in the coming year.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

I like the new format. It would be interesting if a number of people contributed and certain cards miraculously showed up for different people and received very different interpretations. But just doing a set series of readings like this can be an enlightening personal experience. When we step back from them at the end of 12 days I should imagine we get a good feeling for the general drift of our current state of mind. A good way to take stock and start a new year. I will probably be using my new Santa Muerte Tarot, which has terrific artwork and a skeleton on every card! In the spiritual world curated by Santa Muerte even the omicron variant is mortal. But we're all sick to death of that particular subject. If I'm feeling really brave I might also use the new mini version of Wilfried Houdouin's Millenium Tarot, a beautiful, icily perfect modern version of the Tarot de Marseilles.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Time to start, Monday morning even!

I just now made my decision on a deck and I don't quite understand it but the pull was strong.

Im going with a Marseille deck, the Tarot Pierre Madenie, 1709, using major Arcana only.
Day 1.jpg
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Thank you so much @Rachelcat and @chiscotheque for joining me in this 12-day experience.

I got a lot out of it and even more because you were there too.

I wish you both everything good for 2022.

Return to “12-days of Yule Reading- Welcome the Winter Solstice”