This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Do you read for yourself?

In-depth looks at your favourite decks and friendly discussions about individual cards and their symbolism and meanings. Something for everyone here. Tarot (modern & historical), Lenormand, & Oracle.
Genna
Seer

Re: Do you read for yourself?

Post by Genna »

Yes, I do. I have so few who like to be read for, so I practice on myself and read for myself a lot. I know so few in RL who can read Tarot too.
Carlos Escobel
Seeker

Post by Carlos Escobel »

I love reading for myself and in some ways think that is the ultimate use of tarot.
Author of Tarot: Temple of Paper, House of Cards
archimedes
Sage

Post by archimedes »

I only read for myself, apart from occasional online exchanges.

I don't have an issue, except that sometimes I find that I don't really want to hear what it's telling me - sometimes it's better if someone else is doing the interpretation, so you can't wriggle out of the uncomfortable truths!

It helps to have defined places. I think just 'drawing a card' can sometimes give you no context as to how you interpret the possible meanings or what you should do with the information, especially given our complex modern lives. It also helps to be asking the right questions - meaningful ones that your specific deck relates to. I find browsing spread ideas quite useful.
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My statement of my belief is not a criticism of your belief.

Return to “The House of Cards: Asking Questions/Sharing Insights”