This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Vitruvian vs. Revelation

In-depth looks at your favourite decks and friendly discussions about individual cards and their symbolism and meanings. Something for everyone here. Tarot (modern & historical), Lenormand, & Oracle.
maximou
Seeker

Vitruvian vs. Revelation

Post by maximou »

Hello, everyone.
This is my first post and I'm not sure if anyone will see it here. :)
Does anyone already have the Revelation edition and can you comment on the differences between V and R editions? I have the Vitruvian and am wondering if I should purchase the Revelation or not. Is it just a colored version? Does it really have a different vibe/feel?
Thanks!
Sarah
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Vitruvian vs. Revelation

Post by Joan Marie »

maximou wrote: 11 Oct 2021, 12:59 Is it just a colored version?
Hi!

I do not have the Revelation, however, I've seen Benebell's posts over the last year or so as she worked on the deck and it is pretty clear that she re-drew pretty much all the cards. Some are totally different, some have been enhanced artistically and symbolically from the Vitruvian edition.

There is a similarity of style although her drawing and composition skills are much improved in the new deck.

I think Revelation must really have a different feel from Vitruvian, at least as much of a difference (tho I imagine more) as between the Spirit Keeper's First edition and the Vetruvian. (both are in the Library of Decks

As you can imagine if you are familiar with the Vitruvian and the accompanying book(s), she's written another doorstop-size manual specific to the Revelation deck.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Kimber
Seer

Re: Vitruvian vs. Revelation

Post by Kimber »

Hi there!

NO, it is not just a colored version! She has reworked all of the cards to include a variety of cultures throughout history - it is AMAZING!! If you get it, and I think every serious tarot student should (because her system is so unique for individual pathworking and spiritual growth) get the version of the new edition that includes the Revelation Book of Maps that you can print via Lulu. It is an an essential, exciting, and informative guide to this new deck. She has incorporated I Ching references and the new video series also walks you through your astrological chart and how to relate the decans as annotated on the individual cards to it.

I have been an avid collector for over 50 years, and I use Benebell's decks, especially the Revelation edition, more than any other out of my ~1600 decks.

Return to “The House of Cards: Asking Questions/Sharing Insights”