This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What is the Shadow: watch this on youtube

In-depth looks at your favourite decks and friendly discussions about individual cards and their symbolism and meanings. Something for everyone here. Tarot (modern & historical), Lenormand, & Oracle.
stronglove
Sage

What is the Shadow: watch this on youtube

Post by stronglove »

the first part of a great series of videos on what shadow is and how to do shadow work, very enlightening and dispels a lot of myths and misunderstandings
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: What is the Shadow: watch this on youtube

Post by Joan Marie »

(sorry! I thanked you for the post! oops!)

But thank you for posting this. I'm really getting into shadow work these days and I appreciate all good sources. I'll watch this a little later and leave some comments.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

Joan Marie wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 15:37 (sorry! I thanked you for the post! oops!)
I have removed my old signature so you can thank me all you like, hihi
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

stronglove wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 23:27 I have removed my old signature so you can thank me all you like, hihi
I just watched this video, and the second one (there are 5 in this series) and just saying "thank you" for sharing this feels inadequate.

I really truly cannot recommend this video enough.

I feel like up until now I have really only been dabbling in shadow work. After watching these 2 videos, I immediately started in and ending up spending some time at it and made more progress than I have in a very long time. I also realise now that this is a long process, a really exciting one.

I want to share here just a couple of tid-bits from this first video.
  • The Shadow is what is hidden from us, what we are unconscious of; The bad AND the good.
  • The Shadow is where we find our gold.
  • It is in projection that we FIND our shadow. Once it is found, it isn't shadow anymore. Now we are conscious of it. But we still need to deal with it.
  • What triggers us finds the Shadow / Writing in a journal is the surgery / Tarot is the rehab

Watch the video to find out what she means by this.

She's really wonderful. She's a real therapist, very clear and straight-forward. She also uses tarot.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
JulianneVictoria
Seer

Post by JulianneVictoria »

Natalia's video was very interesting. I do believe Taaot can be sed for shadow work, however. Here was my response video:

Return to “The House of Cards: Asking Questions/Sharing Insights”