This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Intuitive Exercise with the Page of Cups

In-depth looks at your favourite decks and friendly discussions about individual cards and their symbolism and meanings. Something for everyone here. Tarot (modern & historical), Lenormand, & Oracle.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Intuitive Exercise with the Page of Cups

Post by Joan Marie »

I had a dream last night that is mostly hazy to me now but one thing I remember clearly is I was conversing with someone or some spirit, it wasn't clear, and I said this, "I came from the sea."

I woke up, I made my coffee and was looking for something to read and I picked up Susan Chang's book, "Tarot Correspondences: Ancient Secrets for Everyday Readers" and opened it to a page with a little meditative/imaginative/intuitive exercise that I want to share with you.

As an imaginative exercise, what better way to know the Page of Cups, the Princess of Water, the Lotus of the Palace of the Floods, than to visit her where she lives?

Page of Cups, Animal Totem Tarot
Page of Cups, Animal Totem Tarot

You're standing on a strand where the sand meets the sea; the moist ground is shifting beneath your bare feet. The air is still but you can small salt. Gulls congregate, fish multiply, the very air is teeming with life. What do you like about being here? What makes you uncomfortable? Who lives here? The presiding spirit of this place comes to greet you. What's she like? Quiet or commanding? Why does she love it here? What message would she want you to take away? I don't know about you, but when she talks to me she's soft spoken and dreamy, and I have to strain to hear. - T. Susan Chang
I did this with the Thoth Princess of Cups.

And she did have a message for me. At the moment it feels a bit sacred but maybe later I can share it with you.

Thoth Princess of Cups with beach glass and a sea fossil.
Thoth Princess of Cups with beach glass and a sea fossil.

I encourage you to try this. And maybe then try it with another card.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Ciderwell
Sage

Re: Intuitive Exercise with the Page of Cups

Post by Ciderwell »

1296.jpg

I tried some guided meditation. Imagining meeting with the Page of Cups (from the Steampunk Tarot), and having a conversation while walking along the sands. I'm a little out of practice, there was some commotion in the near distance causing me distraction.
However, the Page did give me a tourmaline feather and a small chunk of amethyst, so I wrote this verse:

- Jai Guru Deva
The Ohmpuss and the Starfish
sold me sparkles from the surf.
And sang a song of Sarpa Salpa
playing games on astroturf.

The poetry also needs work … ;)

Return to “The House of Cards: Asking Questions/Sharing Insights”