This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

A world inside a crystal

Instagram and Tumblr are filled with photos of beautiful card spreads with gorgeous stones and bundles of herbs scattered about. Here we learn more about these power substances and how we use them.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

A world inside a crystal

Post by Joan Marie »

I went to a crystal and mineral show yesterday. I saw a lot of nice things, mostly super expensive though. But I saw this strange little gem which I picked up for a song.

c01.jpg
c03.jpg
c04.jpg
c06.jpg
08.jpg
07.jpg

There is what looks like moss growing inside but they tell me it's fluorite. It's very green but in the right light there are tinges of purple.

It's hard to get good pics of it. I really can't stop looking at it. And it has a really strong energy.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
BlueStar
Sage

Re: A world inside a crystal

Post by BlueStar »

Wow, never seen a crystal like that before, how fascinating!:)
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

I have a pendant like this. I believe it's called a phantom quartz. Mine has sparser inclusions. It looks like it has moss at the bottom of the crystal. I like it a lot, but I don't wear it.

20181029_142523_HDR.jpg
20181029_142249_HDR.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Libra
Sage

Post by Libra »

I've heard it called Garden Quartz or Iodolite. I believe phantom Quartz is when an actual Quartz crystal grows inside, rather than these moss-like inclusions!
Intuitive tarot to inspire & empower @ www.ResonatingReadings.com
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Nice catch, Libra!

Resources on the differences between phantom/ghost quartz and lodolite/garden quartz are conflicting. Some sites like Healing With Crystals and The Crystal Matrix categorize lodolite as a type of phantom quartz, while others say that ghost quartz should only contain other crystals.

To be more accurate, I'd refer to it as lodolite next time. When I checked my correspondence with the lady who sold it to me, that's what she called it too.
Start strong
End stronger
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Gosh that it stunning! It looks like it has a forest inside it. Absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful find Joan.
uscss.Nostromo
Seer

Post by uscss.Nostromo »

Joan Marie wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 10:12 I went to a crystal and mineral show yesterday. I saw a lot of nice things, mostly super expensive though. But I saw this strange little gem which I picked up for a song.

There is what looks like moss growing inside but they tell me it's fluorite. It's very green but in the right light there are tinges of purple.

It's hard to get good pics of it. I really can't stop looking at it. And it has a really strong energy.
The greenish red mineral within the quartz is actually the mineral Chlorite and if you were able to buy it inexpensively you were very lucky, and yours are terminated (branched) quartz crystals with Chlorite in them as well.

Chlorite in quartz specimens are some of my favorite , they have that really cool organic look to them.

enjoy.
spending a Night on Earth with Jim Jarmusch enjoying Coffee and Cigarettes
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

uscss.Nostromo wrote: 17 Nov 2018, 22:27 The greenish red mineral within the quartz is actually the mineral Chlorite and if you were able to buy it inexpensively you were very lucky, and yours are terminated (branched) quartz crystals with Chlorite in them as well.
I think you might be right. I just looked that up and found this article
with this picture:

Quartz with Chlorite inclusions
Quartz with Chlorite inclusions

which looks like what I have.

Here's another pic I found:

Quartz with Chlorite
Quartz with Chlorite

I'm pretty convinced that's what it is from these and other pictures. I got that piece for 12 euros.
uscss.Nostromo
Seer

Post by uscss.Nostromo »

here's a link to an Etsy shop with some really beautiful chlorite/quartz cabochons, their other offerings are equally enticing.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RainCityBeade ... =date_desc
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

uscss.Nostromo wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 01:36 here's a link to an Etsy shop with some really beautiful chlorite/quartz cabochons, their other offerings are equally enticing.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RainCityBeade ... =date_desc
They have really nice things at that etsy shop.

I just saw this on twitter, it says it's a "moss agate" from Indonesia. Whatever it is it's beautiful.

Dsh8kp0W0Aczipi.jpg
uscss.Nostromo
Seer

Post by uscss.Nostromo »

yes that's what they call it, quartz with lovely mineral inclusions. that's a magnificent specimen.

the diamond industry launched that campaign about, Cut, Clarity and Color.

In the world of spirituality, it's Cards, Crystals and Candles LOL :-)
uscss.Nostromo
Seer

Post by uscss.Nostromo »

yes that is called a "moss agate" and carvings made from them are lovely as sculpture and jewelry......rather pricey too.

oops double posted. apologies.

Return to “Crystals, Gems and Minerals & Herbs”