This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Called to connect...

Instagram and Tumblr are filled with photos of beautiful card spreads with gorgeous stones and bundles of herbs scattered about. Here we learn more about these power substances and how we use them.
BreathingSince72
Sage

Called to connect...

Post by BreathingSince72 »

I have loved rocks since I was a small child, save for a piece of petrified wood that fell on my foot when I was five. My mom said that I was always finding Little Rock’s and giving them to her as gifts. I have a distinct remembrance of attempting to break rocks open so I could see the picture inside. This may have been precipitated by seeing a belt buckle made of picture jasper.

I am fortunate to live in a town with a rock shop. The store carries rocks, minerals, gemstones, crystals, fossils and shells which range in price from spare change to many thousands of dollars. I often take my kids there to look around and see if anything calls me to connect.

Today this practice led me to a behind-glass display of Celestite...also known as Celestine. I have never owned one of these stones in my life. There was nothing particularly remarkable about the stones of this type but no matter where I walked in the store, I kept returning to the display. I love it when this happens because it invariably means that the stone has a medicine it wants to offer me, usually something I am in need of.

I took the most communicative piece home and looked it up in my favorites stone manual, “Love is in the Earth.” Once again, I’ll be darned if everything mentioned wasn’t something I needed in or something that related to, my life.

Divine energies (connecting to)
powerful healing crystal (great for Reiki),
mental calm and clarity in chaotic circumstances (work and home)
harmony,
balance,
connection to higher realms
Moves energy to heal brain and cellular disorders
Also good for ailments of the eyes, ears, and throat
Detoxifier
Pain reliever.

These are only a few of th6e spiritual energies associated with this stone. Never ceases to amaze me how my stone buddies call to connect. So grateful for these times.

How do you choose your stones? Do you look up stones that serve a need and go get them? Do you let them pick you when you go shopping? I would love to hear your story story. 😉 And here is a pic of my new healing ally.

Victoria
11D4F220-E234-4165-A941-DB8477C150B8.jpeg
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
ParsifalsWheel
Seer

Re: Called to connect...

Post by ParsifalsWheel »

I find my rocks during walks in the New Hampshire countryside, which is loaded with interesting specimens of white and pink quartz and granite. I don't frequent rock shops, but have a quartz crystal generator that I bought in Colorado in 1979 and thought I lost for over 30 years, but it magically reappeared recently. Here are some pictures of my "found" rock collection.
Attachments
Rocks #3 Reduced.JPG
Rocks #2 Reduced.JPG
Rocks #1 Reduced.JPG
BreathingSince72
Sage

Re: Called to connect...

Post by BreathingSince72 »

Ahhhh, New Hampshire is beautiful! I live in California. We certainly have some beautiful places but when I rock collect on walks, I am more likely to find river rocks or something of that nature. I love your collection!
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.

Return to “Crystals, Gems and Minerals & Herbs”