This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Tarot & Magical Plants

Instagram and Tumblr are filled with photos of beautiful card spreads with gorgeous stones and bundles of herbs scattered about. Here we learn more about these power substances and how we use them.
_R_
Sybil

Tarot & Magical Plants

Post by _R_ »

As part of an ongoing investigation into the “medical Tarot”, here’s an intriguing idea by the French poet-occultist Stanislas de Guaita, namely, that the trumps are connected to the magical Chaldean herbs. I haven't seen that particular theory floated anywhere else before, although I know there are a few herbal tarot decks out there. A couple of new books on hermetic herbology have also just been published, which ought to interest some people as well. Eventually, I hope to gather some more material on this topic and write a sort of overview of the field.
Ciderwell
Sage

Re: Tarot & Magical Plants

Post by Ciderwell »

Geographically speaking I live on the Birmingham plateau here in the English midlands, which forms a boundary to the main concentration of mistletoe in Britain.
It tends to thrive way high up in the tree tops. Only recently, close to where I live, some cherry blossoms now have mistletoe that wasn't there last year. And only just a foot or so out of reach. I'll be keeping an eye on those bushes until next winter solstice, when the berries start to appear.
Just the other day while passing those trees I could have sworn they looked more vibrant and healthy than the others further down the street - though I can't be completely sure this was solely in my imagination.

One of my favourite tarot decks is the Tarot of the Druids. Without which I might not have paid any attention to these magical plants.
_R_
Sybil

Re: Tarot & Magical Plants

Post by _R_ »

Yes, it's a fascinating topic and I intend to return to it soon.

Return to “Crystals, Gems and Minerals & Herbs”