This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What crystals are you most drawn to?

Instagram and Tumblr are filled with photos of beautiful card spreads with gorgeous stones and bundles of herbs scattered about. Here we learn more about these power substances and how we use them.
litefoot13
Sybil

What crystals are you most drawn to?

Post by litefoot13 »

I took several geology classes in college which gave me a fascination with rocks, crystals and gems, so some things I really like because of that background, and some I just have a natural inclination towards. (For example, tiger's eye I have ALWAYS felt drawn to, while labradorite I love because my geology teacher was obsessed with it and always went on about it. x3)

Here's a handful of mine, mostly stuff I've picked up recently - I have another whole box full of rocks and crystals...somewhere....>.>
(How a keeper full of heavy rocks can hide is beyond me. xD )

I love quartz almost every way it comes. My favorite is probably smoky quartz, though.

Tiger's eye has been the one I've been most drawn to my entire life, for no apparent reason I know of. I just...really intensely like it. I have it in jewelry, in a pyramid shape, in a pendulum, and probably half a dozen other small pieces, and will probably continue to buy it, even though I already have so much. x3

Apparently I am unconsciously drawn to fluorite. I have managed to buy two pillars of it in two separate occasions. (You can actually see them both in the picture.)
Several times I have nearly accidentally bought more, as well. xD
I just can't seem to remember that I already own it. x3
I go by Arie. :3
Nemia
Sage

Re: What crystals are you most drawn to?

Post by Nemia »

I have always been drawn to rose quartz; my first crystal collection as a child started with rose quartz ;-) and I still love it. I feel drawn to jaspis - all kinds of jaspis - chrysocolla - and most of all, snowflake obsidian. There was a time when my husband an I made simple jewelry, and he made some lovely pendants for me, from donuts. I made ear rings and hair sticks with crystals. There's always a crystal somewhere on my body :-)

I love love love crystals and also simple stones.
litefoot13
Sybil

Post by litefoot13 »

My sister loves obsidian and snowflake obsidian. ^__^
She actually has a minor obsession with all kinds of glass, including that of the volcanic variety. xD
Recently she discovered goldstone and has pointing it out in every store.

We live relatively close to Yellowstone and so we visit fairly often - West Yellowstone has some amazing rock shops for not terrible prices. (It makes for a lot of stores for my sister to obsess over goldstone in. x3)
That's where I got the colored crystals by the box in my picture. I joke that they can stand for all the important elements - fire, water, earth, air, and honey. xD
(Last time we went, my sister got this amazing pyrite sphere that looks kind of like a Death Star. It is so heavy.)

Oh, I forgot that I also really super love gabbro. It's a rock and not a crystal or a gem, and it's stemming more from my geology class than anything, but it's on my list too. x3
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Smoky quartz is my absolute favourite and one I feel very drawn to.
20180628_214135.jpg

I also love labradorite.
20180628_214202.jpg

And this sunstone is pretty but it is hard to capture the iridescence.
20180628_214455.jpg

Carnelian is another favourite.
20180628_214616.jpg

But I have a fondness for all the crystals I use regularly. Here are the ones I keep close to hand next to my reading cloth in a wooden bowl.
20180628_214835.jpg
litefoot13
Sybil

Post by litefoot13 »

That is an absolutely beautiful piece of labradorite!
The rounded smoky quartz is also lovely. :)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Such a hard question.

But I have to say I am very attracted to anything green coloured. I have a lovely piece of Green Garnet and I always have the feeling that it stimulates my heart, opens it up. Green is the colour of the heart chakra and I find green stones of all kinds give me a calm loving feeling.

I also have a tiny chunk of Moldavite I received as a gift, and in fact is the stone I used as the background in the Cult of Tarot logo.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

morganite, honey calcite, angelite, azeztulite, merlinite, malachite
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

I like black crystals like obsidian and tourmaline. Also red ones like garnet.
Start strong
End stronger
Byron
Seeker

Post by Byron »

I have two favorites in my collection: small garnet and a larger morion, both unpolished. Garnet has such a nice texture it feels almost warm to the touch and has nice dark brown color with a hint of orange. It has very geometrical shape- not perfect, after all it's natural, uncut stone, but with very clear edges. Morion is quite interesting, it's rare kind of smoke quartz; the difference is that morion isn't translucent and can be much darker. Mine is jet black with some light veins at the bottom- ruthil, I think. It's usually connected with death and magic. Some says it's powerfull protective stone. I also heard a story about people giving them to their enemies to let the stones slowly kills them. The reason would be radiaton- cause of their unusual color; some od morions are found near uranium veins, so who knows, maybe there is something in it. From what I heard they're perfectly harmless, so I would't blame them, even if somebody tried to use them that way. After all, 'slow' isn't very precise word. I have mine for at least seven years, so I think I can assume it's safe but it's intresting to hear such stories. It's far from my favorites, but when i brought my first bloodstone, the saleswomen told me that red spots on them are blood that felt on the ground when Jesus was crucified. It's fascinating to hear about myths and legends surounding various gems and crystals. There is one more mineral in my possesion you could find espesially intresting- large purple agat cut to achieve flat surface. It's so dark and polished, I can use it as a mirror and see very dark and soft reflections. I think it could be used for scrying, but I don't have much knowledge about this field and I never tried it. If anybody wants to share some information on this subject, I'll be happy to listen.

It's a shame I don't have any photos, but everything is still in boxes since I moved out.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

This is my current favourite.

20180926_005324.jpg

20180926_005514.jpg
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Because I'm a guy, the range of crystals I can work with and also wear casually in public are rather limited. Here are two crystals I've been working with lately: almandine garnet and black tourmaline:
20180928_164814_HDR.jpg

On the background are amethyst, hematite, and obsidian
Start strong
End stronger
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

I love rose quartz, always have. My "lucky stone" was a rose quartz and I had it for a long time before I lost it. I also love moonstone, amethyst and rock quartz and amber.
My grandfather loved geology and tried to show me how fun that was, but I think I was too young (about 3- 4). However, I was so interested, (I loved everything he loved) that he ordered a big book for me about geology. Now I feel a bond to him when I read about and look at crystals, and I am very interested in them now.
hathien1102
Seeker

Post by hathien1102 »

The beauty of Quartz Stone
Rose Quartz is a pure gemstone, which is currently very much sought for by the great uses that can help us improve our love affair while improving destiny and career. It would be great if we could own them.

Quartz stone is a pure gemstone product, one of the most sought-after gemstones.
Quartz Stone is a precious gemstone, using this stone will help you have a more refreshing spirit, easier to talk when you meet the opposite sex. All wounds and sad stories in love in the past will be made with bright energy of stone making them more happy and happy.

Quartz stone symbolizes the prosperity and passion in our career. Normally, each person has a life, some destiny, we can completely control our life by striving and achieving a solid career. In it, a talisman like a thach anh quartz stone will help you can gain much luck in your career path.

Besides, these rough stones also work, train the mind, help users have a smarter and more lucid mind in every decision of their career. This is really a stone that you cannot live without, promoting your career path quickly and effectively.

You may not know, Quartz Stone is a scientific product. Not only has a sacred meaning in feng shui but also has a health meaning in scientific research. Many experts have shown that the magnetic energy of this stone has the ability to protect the user's body from environmental agents, prolonging the life of humans.

And yet, activating the lymphatic system can also enhance the body's metabolism system, from the musculoskeletal system to the central nervous system are carefully cared for by the overflow environment. energy of this stone
jobarghest
Seer

Post by jobarghest »

I love larimar, small irregular amethyst points, rose quartz and moonstone! And anything with rainbow inclusions, they are so beautiful and fun to spot. I'm sure I'm an infuriating customer because I waggle gems a lot to find the ones with rainbows ;) Stalactite slices of all kinds are fascinating too.

I've started to get obsessed with finding a nice big piece of smokey quartz too, lately. The quest continues lol.
SaturnCeleste
Seer

Post by SaturnCeleste »

Quartz for me too!
Abigail
Seer

Post by Abigail »

Amethyst since always, obsidian celestial eye and dumortierite.
Obsidian is my protective stone.
Dumortierite is not very well known but I find that it has incredible relaxing properties.

obsidienne-oeil-celeste.jpg
obsidienne-oeil-celeste.jpg (26.98 KiB) Viewed 5466 times
dumortierite-galet-7-x-5-cm.jpg
dumortierite-galet-7-x-5-cm.jpg (21.5 KiB) Viewed 5466 times
Lilyah
Seeker

Post by Lilyah »

Probably my absolute favorite is the white labradorite/ rainbow moonstone. It’s so breathtaking with its color play and yet is a soft and strong stone at the same time.

Sunstone. A little beauty that makes me feel good wearing it

Clear quartz. So powerful

Chrysoprase. Beauty

The calcite family. They’re so bright and optimistic!

Hematite. I put it by my feet while mediating, helping me stay grounded and images more vivid.
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

No home should be without Smokey Black Quartz.
Loaded Shaman
Seeker

Post by Loaded Shaman »

Clear quartz and obsidian.

I feel the clear quartz has natural general amplification properties, and the obsidian is fantastic for moon related stuff.

What I need to procure is an obsidian crystal ball, as I do indeed have a small one of the former!
ShadowPlay
Seeker

Post by ShadowPlay »

I loved rose quartz, but when I feel low, it hurts (emotionally) to look at/sometimes. I couldn't really get it to work for me, but it is really beautiful. Also fond of aquamarine (birthstone of someone that I look up to).
johnnybbass7
Seeker

Post by johnnybbass7 »

I was drawn to crystals and stones as a kid and then I met the love of my life and she was into the healing properties of crystals. I love Labradorite, Fluorite and Tourmaline. We have since opened our own little metaphysical store.www.thisnthatvandalia.com
o.jpg
PXL_20220309_161449294.jpg
PXL_20220305_193847893.jpg

Return to “Crystals, Gems and Minerals & Herbs”