This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Mystery Crystal

Instagram and Tumblr are filled with photos of beautiful card spreads with gorgeous stones and bundles of herbs scattered about. Here we learn more about these power substances and how we use them.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Mystery Crystal

Post by Joan Marie »

I know this pic is not too sharp. but I was asked to help identify what this is exactly.
2019-08-07 08.32.15 am.png
2019-08-07 08.32.15 am.png (49.27 KiB) Viewed 1104 times

It was found by someone who bought some DIY geodes outside of Las Vegas and when she cracked one open, this little round gem rolled out. It's about the size of a large pea. It was completely detached from the geode like a pearl in an oyster.

Does anyone know if there is a name for these? or anything else about it?
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
katrinka
Sage

Re: Mystery Crystal

Post by katrinka »

It's hard to tell from the photo. Is it milky, or more of a solid white?
It looks like it has points. Does it?

I have a girasol quartz (AKA moon quartz and some other monikers I can't recall at present) palm stone that's milky-clear due to tiny bits of water trapped inside. (ETA: Not sure what I did wrong - the actual image isn't that big!)

girasol.jpg
girasol.jpg (50.76 KiB) Viewed 1092 times

But other things can make quartz milky or white, of course.

Quartz does funny things. Just when you think you've seen it all, something new pops up. This crystal cluster is naturally frosted. https://www.etsy.com/listing/458268034/ ... e_38&frs=1

If you manage to get better photos, we'd love to see them!
"Protect your spirit, because you are in the place where spirits get eaten." - John Trudell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyb9mPfwNhs

Return to “Crystals, Gems and Minerals & Herbs”