NWT #12: Nous Ordure

Explore the philosophical and existential questions of life with the Tarot. Jump into an ongoing conversation or start a new one!
chiscotheque
Sage

NWT #12: Nous Ordure

Post by chiscotheque »

Question: Am I still ME even though my whole entire body regenerates after 7 years?

Card: The Hanged Man Blue Monday New Order
12.jpg

Answer: The short answer is NO (New Order's anagram).
The more nuanced answer is yes and no - what I become is a new me. After Ian Curtis hung himself, the members of Joy Division chose to stay united as a band and became New Order. For working people, Monday is the first day of the 7 day week; each one is different but painfully the same. Monday is the moon's day; the moon reflects the sun's light, just as we become echoes of our former selves. The roses on the HM card, associated with funerals, are underscored by a concentric geometric pattern - perhaps a resurrected rose. Because our molecules are rearranged piecemeal into their new order, we don't realize we've changed, we believe we are the same. This is an aspect of the ego's blindspot, which it cannot see and so refuses to believe exists, like a ghost hung up on some earthly concern and unable to move on.

if it wasn't for your misfortunes
I'd be a heavenly person today

Return to “Plato's Cave”