This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

NWT #1: That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore

Explore the philosophical and existential questions of life with the Tarot. Jump into an ongoing conversation or start a new one!
chiscotheque
Sage

NWT #1: That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore

Post by chiscotheque »

In the spirit of transitoriness and one-hit-wonders, I will attempt to answer some pressing Plato's Cave questions with brief readings from The New Wave Tarot.

Question: Where is THIS question coming from?

Card: The Hermit 9 Morrissey
9 morrissey.jpg
Answer: From vainglory and the desire to appear clever.

dodalisque
Sage

Re: NWT #1: That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore

Post by dodalisque »

chiscotheque wrote: 13 Dec 2020, 03:44 From vainglory and the desire to appear clever.
Not from the "smithy of the soul"?

“Welcome, O life! I go to encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience and to forge in the smithy of my soul the uncreated conscience of my race.” (James Joyce, Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man)
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

dodalisque wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 23:33
chiscotheque wrote: 13 Dec 2020, 03:44 From vainglory and the desire to appear clever.
Not from the "smithy of the soul"?

“Welcome, O life! I go to encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience and to forge in the smithy of my soul the uncreated conscience of my race.” (James Joyce, Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man)
you is the wordsmith, Dodalisque. I leave the pithy to you. "Smithy of the soul" sounds vaguely smutty.

Another Answer might've been: From the ghost of Oscar Wilde.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

chiscotheque wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 23:36 you is the wordsmith, Dodalisque. I leave the pithy to you. "Smithy of the soul" sounds vaguely smutty.
Some of Smitty's bon mots fall as flat as a Pancake House.

Return to “Plato's Cave”