This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

is idealism a crime? II

Explore the philosophical and existential questions of life with the Tarot. Jump into an ongoing conversation or start a new one!
chiscotheque
Sage

is idealism a crime? II

Post by chiscotheque »

Question: Is idealism* a crime**?

Deck: The Charles Dickens Tarot

Card: The Tower XVI - The Staplehurst Train Disaster
16 tower staplehurst.jpg

Answer: Yes.

In 1865, a train running from Folkstone to Charring Cross plummeted off a bridge into a gorge. Dickens was on this train, returning to London from France with his secret mistress of 13 years, Ellen Ternan. Dickens sustained minor injuries, but Ternan was more seriously hurt, both physically and emotionally. To her, the violent derailing was metaphorical, symbolizing how far her furtive life as Dickens' dirty little secret had gone off the tracks. In France, she had given birth to a son by Dickens, but the child was sickly and hadn't survived. Dickens had been separated from his wife for years but would not divorce her; nor would he jeopardize his literary fame and public adoration to openly take a mistress, the way some of his colleagues such as his friend Wilkie Collins had done. Dickens was as British as they come, but he had a deep reverence for the French, especially how they understood and managed affairs of the heart. Yet, regardless of his predisposition, his rationalizations, and his predicament, Dickens refused to come clean and instead lived a double life - a life he scripted like one of his novels, enlisting those around him to play along with his fiction. Ternan naturally viewed the disaster as comeuppance, her duplicity with Dickens leading inexorably to a psychological trainwreck. Dickens, typically, didn't talk of it. He suffered from what today we know as PTSD, and dealt with it - as he dealt with the recurring pain in his legs and most everything else - by denying its existence.

This denial of what is, mixed with Dickens' gift for fabricating, confabulating, and confounding, represents idealism's central modus: overlooking reality in favour of the subject's desire and intent, using all the devices and skills of the mind to control the subject's narrative, and so refashioning existence that often the subject is hoodwinked by his/her own falsehood. In essence, the idealist takes what is wild and unwieldy - the actual - and trains it. But of course it is not the actual which is trained, but the idealist - that is, his perception of the actual - along with whomever he can deceive with his misconceptions. For 5 years, Dickens soldiered on with his public charade, simultaneously attending in secret to Ternan and refusing to tend to his own diseased and suppurating legs. Instead, he undertook a nationwide reading tour where he stood for hours at a time only to collapse in total exhaustion afterwards. Indeed, Dickens' remarkable tenacity is what led to his early demise, 5 years to the day after the Staplehurst train crash.

Dickens' headstrong disposition is integral to his genius - he was, himself, a literary locomotive. Without idealism, Dickens would never have accomplished so much, and had he nevertheless written his novels, they would not have taken the same idealistic form (for better or for worse). Like Dickens, trains revolutionized society, bringing cultures together and unifying the nation; their steam, soot, and steal symbolized Victorian determination, superiority, and know-how. How we perceive things, and why, are as important - and, more importantly: are as real - as those things themselves. Sometimes, as with idealism, they become more important and more real. When this happens, the bridge which you firmly believe will transport you from one side of the divide to the other may or may not actually be there. The further thought diverges from matter, the more likely and violent will be the collision between matter and your train of thought.

* - by idealism is meant the garden variety, defined as 1) "the practice of forming or pursuing ideals, especially unrealistically" 2) "living under their influence" & 3) "that which is idealized".

** - by crime is meant the figurative, defined as 1) "a grave offense, especially against morality" & 2) "something reprehensible, foolish, or disgraceful".

Diana
Sage

Re: is idealism a crime? II

Post by Diana »

chiscotheque wrote: 11 Apr 2020, 17:09

This denial of what is, mixed with Dickens' gift for fabricating, confabulating, and confounding, represents idealism's central modus: overlooking reality in favour of the subject's desire and intent, using all the devices and skills of the mind to control the subject's narrative, and so refashioning existence that often the subject is hoodwinked by his/her own falsehood. In essence, the idealist takes what is wild and unwieldy - the actual - and trains it. But of course it is not the actual which is trained, but the idealist - that is, his perception of the actual - along with whomever he can deceive with his misconceptions.

Then we are all criminals in some measure, whether large or small, for who can claim to not be hoodwinked at times by all you speak of? All people are idealists, also in different measures. Passion and ideals - can they be separated? (certainly not for Dickens it would seem - what a tale you told us there) - we are all passionate beings.

In this case, it begs the question as to whether it's possible to live and not be a criminal. Is it an inherent part of the human condition? Is this another thread about As You From Crimes Be Pardon'd Be?

And if it's not possible to live without being a criminal, is this really a crime?
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

Diana wrote: 11 Apr 2020, 20:49
Then we are all criminals in some measure, whether large or small, for who can claim to not be hoodwinked at times by all you speak of? All people are idealists, also in different measures. Passion and ideals - can they be separated? (certainly not for Dickens it would seem - what a tale you told us there) - we are all passionate beings.

In this case, it begs the question as to whether it's possible to live and not be a criminal. Is it an inherent part of the human condition? Is this another thread about As You From Crimes Be Pardon'd Be?

And if it's not possible to live without being a criminal, is this really a crime?
without consulting the tarot again, i would just answer this last question myself by saying, yes, it really is one even if it's not possible to live without it. as with everything, it's a matter of degree - to what extent is one living in a fantasy world - and intent - to what extent is one being willfully deceptive and self-deceiving.

i think passion and ideals can be separated, insofar as anything can (including thought and emotion), but they often come conjoined. indeed, some people are so configured that they can't imagine being passionate without being also idealistic - a prerequisite, a predilection, or a force of habit?

the situation in Dickens' life and on the Tower card does not exactly fit the notion of idealism, but like all readings a bit of interpretation was needed. the most significant correspondence seemed to be with the definition of idealism itself, which i lifted from the dictionary, that is: "pursuing ideals, especially unrealistically." Dickens was nothing if not "unrealistic". were he not, he wouldn't be Dickens and we wouldn't have his novels. However, this quality was sometimes infuriating and certainly "criminal" as also defined by the dictionary; his wanting his cake and eating it too with regard Ellen Ternan and his public image is a prime example.

If we needed a silver-lining, perhaps it's that we have learned and grown from the closeted mindset of the Victorian era. i would just temper that by saying sometimes we clutch at silver-linings in order to discount from our minds the thrust of the main, which is in a sense the sin of idealism all over again: the rationalizing-away of reality.

as Paul said, "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of god." the sin isn't the falling short of god's glory so much as missing the mark by believing the bow, arrow, bullseye, and aim are other than they are.

dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

chiscotheque wrote: 11 Apr 2020, 17:09 Without idealism, Dickens would never have accomplished so much, and had he nevertheless written his novels, they would not have taken the same idealistic form (for better or for worse).
So, to summarise, I take it you on the whole disapprove of idealism, and consider it a crime of self-delusion, and regard it as putting one on a potentially disastrous collision course with reality. But might it not rather be a sort of carrot on a stick tricking the donkey of our self to keep moving forward, inspiring us to achieve more than we ordinarily would if we remained hard-headed, scowling realists. Is it possible to have our carrot and eat it? Dickens himself (one of the most astonishing overachievers who ever walked on planet Earth) showed astonishing heroism after the trainwreck by pulling dozens of injured people to safety at great risk to his own life. Without an idealistic streak driving him on to do better than his best, those people would have died. I suppose I'm repeating what you just siad.

And to argue against myself even more forcefully, I notice from the card that the locomotive at the front of the train - the carrot if you like - made it across the broken bridge, while the carriages at the back - the donkey - have plunged into the chasm. The carrot has led the train into disaster. I wonder what the bridge symbolises. It was the damn bridge's fault, not the donkey's and certainly not the carrot's.
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

what does the bridge symbolize? i tried to suggest it symbolized bridging the gap between how we think of reality and what reality really is - that leap of faith one takes every second, really. i also said in a few ways that Dickens' idealism made Dickens Dickens. the thing is, one doesn't really know what something would be if that something had been different, since only what happened happened and not the variation. perhaps Dickens would have never bothered to do anything and just died at 30 in a shoe blacking shop. but just as with your suggestion he wouldn't've helped others or himself in the trainwreck if he wasn't idealistic, you equate being realistic with being a cynical nihilist. that is an either/or argument, mixed with a reductio ad absurdum, and not how i see the situation at all. i think one can have ideals and even aim for them, but if it's at the cost of being realistic and at odds with reality, well, it's a detriment to the person, those around him, and a denigration of reality itself rather than your suggestion it's something of a noble stance. when it comes right down to it, our perceptions of reality are always mistaken, anyway, just as philosophic idealism posits, but my argument is: why make one's perceptions even more mistaken? you say; to get things done, like a carrot. as i tried to suggest, some people may be predisposed to carrots, or just so addicted to them they need them to do anything. taking away the carrot would be like a bottle-a-day alcoholic quitting drink cold turkey - drinking will kill him but so will the DTs. personally, i don't care for carrots, but many an interesting journey has been had despite the shoddiness of the destination. besides, this isn't my opinion per se, it's The Charles Dickens Tarot's - like Martin Sheen in Apocolypse Now, i'm just an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

chiscotheque wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 02:36

without consulting the tarot again, i would just answer this last question myself by saying, yes, it really is one even if it's not possible to live without it. as with everything, it's a matter of degree - to what extent is one living in a fantasy world - and intent - to what extent is one being willfully deceptive and self-deceiving.

Is there a punishment for the crime? Or is a crime that goes unpunished? Is there a judge and a juror and in that case who? And what if the crime is committed in order to survive? Like a kid who has been abused and who invents a different life in their heads as a means of self-preservation?

And if done out of ignorance, is it still a crime? Is ignorance of law really no excuse?

I'm not feeling comfortable with all this. It seems that there is no consideration for the human condition. Scarlet or white? Crimson or wool?
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

Diana wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 06:25
Is there a punishment for the crime? Or is a crime that goes unpunished? Is there a judge and a juror and in that case who? And what if the crime is committed in order to survive? Like a kid who has been abused and who invents a different life in their heads as a means of self-preservation?
it feels, Diana, like you are considering the word crime in the sense of laws, illegality, the court system, and prison, which falsely colours the issue. also, aren't we going a bit off track here? how is an abused kid "who invents a different life" idealism? the suggestion here is that deviations from reality - having unrealistic views - will lead to a collision, a fall, a breaking point. with the abused kid, their escapism may be an exigency or stop-gap, but psychology proposes that as expedient as it may be, such measures will ultimately fail and, what's more, can produce unhealthy and undesirable effects. to call that a crime in the conventional sense, or even in the ethical sense, feels unfair. but really, isn't reality unfair? perhaps reality is the crime? i don't know if you believe in karma, but let's consider the notion - is it fair? what constitutes crimes in a karmic sense, and how is a person judged karmically? on a basic level, the crime of idealism i'm talking about here is akin to samsara, or "wrong thinking". this is the tower card after all - let's say we consider the tower to represent a catastrophe brought about by hubris. the imbalance signified by the fortifications built up by the ego are in need of correcting - this is almost a law of nature. who decides the tower has gone too far and sends the lightning bolt? what if the occupants of the tower were abused kids and needed some shelter - is it fair that they're so violently ejected? the correcting of the balance can be violent and hurtful, but the intent is for the greater good. those ejected from the tower can learn from their mistakes - receive the salve of the star, let's say - or they can set about building a new tower - a bigger, better, dare i say ideal tower.
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

some thoughts on the Tower card, Dickens, and this reading:

the traditional interpretation of the RWS Tower cards includes the notion of growing human hubris which reaches a climax wherein a kind of natural or supernatural if you will comeuppance occurs, to correct the imbalance. the tower of babel story has affiliations with the card not because they both contain towers but because the theme is similar. the tower is not a horizontal structure such as a wall, associated with female energy, but rather a vertical structure associated with male energy (hence, the phallus allusion). it is interesting that the tower of babel story concerns language and the gathering of knowledge and books, since writing and the creation of the alphabet is connected to the left, male side of the brain, and a persuasive argument has been made that cultures have moved from a more matriarchal structure to a patriarchal structure with the introduction of writing, the alphabet, and symbolic letters (as compared to pictorial writing. The proto-Canaanite Hebrews are a prime example of this development, seen symbolically in the movement away from Egypt which used hieroglyphics and Moses' 10 Commandments which were written in Hebrew by God himself).

In the CDT, the Tower card is a little odd, in that the tower is a train - a horizontal structure, essentially. i believe the theme is similar, however, in that trains were a massively influential invention of the Victorian era and the industrial revolution - a time which saw the domination of nature by man, and what seemed to be the fruits of rationalism and the enlightenment. Just as the British Empire dominated the globe, trains with their steal tracks girdled the land and allowed man to further dominate the material world, controlling his destiny, the destiny of others, and likening him as to a god. trains, with their networks, schedules, interactions, and cargo, are a bit like language itself. when a train drives along at 50 miles an hour, the assumption is the track will be there to convey it along safely, and everything will get out of the train's way to guarantee its sovereignty. as language is made up of symbols making words which stand for actual things - albeit the "idea" of actual things - trains are made up of engines and coaches (words) conveyed over tracks (language) to reach destinations (meaning). the land on which the tracks are laid constitutes the "actual things" that words are based on. when the land is difficult (or not there, as with water) and won't fit easily with the mechanics of tracks & trains, we build bridges to make up for what's lacking in reality. this is akin to thought/ideas/ideals "making up for" what we consider to be lacking, unpalatable, or otherwise doesn't jive with our ways of thinking. this system of self-satisfaction, manipulating the actual, and relying on fabrications, is entirely analogous to the fortifications of a tower and the rationalizations of the mind - principally, the left hemisphere where language resides.

Dickens, of course, apart from anything else, was a writer. on top of that, he used his storytelling skills to keep his affair secret not only for 13 years while he was alive, but for 100 years after his death. The Victorian era and the industrial revolution were, I think it's safe to say, quite male and left hemisphere in their modes. Dickens was one of the most famous men of that time (adding to the wonder he was able to keep his private life secret), and the people most affected personally by his affair were women - his wife, his sister-in-law who guarded and cared for him, his daughters who lived with him, and his mistress Nelly Ternan herself. it could even be argued, just as the church is christ's bride, Dickens' public was his true wife and mistress.

I write this to explain some of the meanings behind the card. there are many similarities with the RWS card, but also differences. perhaps in the RWS tower it is easier to find positive aspects to the card. many reasons for that seem due to open interpretation - with the CDT, we know what happened to Dickens and Ternan after the Staplehurst crash whereas we don't with the figures plummeting from the RWS tower. yet, the card can still be edifying without a "silver-lining" - yes, Dickens could've learned from the disaster but, no, he didn't; he redoubled his deceit and the result was - without putting too fine a point on it - his death. not only did he deny his injuries and undertake a gruelling touring schedule, but when his fatal collapse came it happened at Ternan's house. to maintain the subterfuge, he was placed in a cab and driven to his house, some hours away. only then, when safely home, was a doctor sent for - perhaps if attended to in those early hours and without an arduous cab ride, Dickens' collapse might not have proven fatal. the lesson, then, is the truth will out, chickens (& dickens) come home to roost, and delusions have power in the short-term but will ultimately succumb to reality. man can no more outsmart and outrun reality than he can death. as with Paul's comment that all fall short of god's glory, some can read that as a reason not to bother trying to be good or do anything. that feels like a poor-me reading of the message, intended to justify feeling dissolute; as they say, "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." rather, the message seems to be saying perfection is god's domain, not man's; man can enjoy god's perfection without having to be god; man's domain is good and bad, failure and success, life and death - let's see and accept it for what it is, and insofar as we can affect change, let's foster life, success, and the good, not death, failure, and the bad - and you don't do that by falsifying the data.

dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

chiscotheque wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 05:34 you equate being realistic with being a cynical nihilist. that is an either/or argument, mixed with a reductio ad absurdum, and not how i see the situation at all. i think one can have ideals and even aim for them, but if it's at the cost of being realistic and at odds with reality, well, it's a detriment to the person, those around him, and a denigration of reality itself rather than your suggestion it's something of a noble stance.
Fair enough, I see the distinction. I suppose I assumed that since you like to fashion yourself as the voice of reality, it must be connected somehow with cynical grumpiness.
chiscotheque wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 05:34 besides, this isn't my opinion per se, it's The Charles Dickens Tarot's - like Martin Sheen in Apocolypse Now, i'm just an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.
Wait a minute. That sounds a bit disingenuous to me. Isn't that like the NRA saying that it's people not guns that kill people?
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

dodalisque wrote: 13 Apr 2020, 05:46 I suppose I assumed that since you like to fashion yourself as the voice of reality, it must be connected somehow with cynical grumpiness.
i can't argue with that. except to say it's wrong and irritates me.
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

what i'm about to say probably belongs elsewhere , like the "A Maison Dieu XVI is not a Tower" post or the moon, but i thought i'd post it here because of the RWS tower card with the bolt of lightning, the appearance of the tower card in this reading, and the son Dickens and Ternan lost just prior to the Staplehurst disaster.

i was reminded of the strange birth of Dionysus (whose late appearance in the pantheon of Greek gods is itself interesting). Zeus seduced the girl Semele as a snake - the kundalini is, of course, described as a snake. Semele's father was Cadmus, the Phoenician king who slew a serpent, bringing the alphabet to Greece and the curse of madness to his lineage. Hera, jealous as ever, convinced Semele to ask Zeus to grant her one wish, and that wish should be to see Zeus' true form. when Zeus next appeared he had to oblige his promise and, when he showed Semele his essence, his lightning incinerated Semele on the spot - the kundalini is akin to bolts of electric energy. Dionysus survives and Zeus sews him into his groin so that when the 9 months are up Dionysus becomes "reborn". he is the only Greek god to be born from a human, reminiscent of Christ's status of god and man. Dionysus is the only Greek god to die and, also like Christ, he was resurrected - every spring [easter], in fact. aside from drunkenness, Dionysus is the god of madness - the kundalini can cause extreme distress and a sense of psychosis. his invention and ascension to the pantheon is synchronous with the introduction of the alphabet and soaring literary rates following the adoption of the Ionian alphabet (circa. 400 BC). Dionysus's madness is the flip-side of the rational mind - the tool of language as seen metaphorically in the tower of Babel, and the "male" culprit of hubris. His priestesses were said to be mad, and also synchronous with the cult of Dionysus were stories about wives killing their husbands and women eating babies etc. - signs not that women had become mad, so much (most female "madness" manifested itself in suicide, which was rampant among women) but rather it evinced the irrational fears of men. Dionysus essentially usurped the goddess Artemis, sister of Apollo. Apollo represented rational excellence and the personification of the left brain; interestingly, women disdained him. Dionysus & Apollo came to represent the dual nature of the human condition - the synthesis of male/female,god/human, rationalism/madness is a motif that permeates the tarot. madness can be very similar to epiphany; to see the world through divine inspiration is to realize the madness of the world. Dionysus's followers were mostly women called menders - the Greek word for nurses. consider the connection between this and the term maison dieu for a hospital and the word panse for the Papess( Ellen Ternan in the CDT). in his retinue were all the muses of the arts, which suggests the role of artists and their connection with madness, and Dionysus was the inventor of drama (which Dickens loved. indeed, this is how he and Ternan met - she was an actress). insofar as it relates to Dickens, the Dionysus connection with the tower card could suggest that without Dickens' idealism and his headstrong refusal to accept reality as he found it, he wouldn't have been able to create his works of art.

dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

chiscotheque wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 04:25 headstrong refusal to accept reality as he found it
Interesting stuff. Idealism as a spur to evolution, or a means of accelerating evolution. Isn't that the reason we meditate and try to live a clean, honest life, etc? Maybe idealism is that little blue dog behind the Fool in the TdM, tugging at his conscience and speeding him on his way.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

chiscotheque wrote: 13 Apr 2020, 07:39
dodalisque wrote: 13 Apr 2020, 05:46 I suppose I assumed that since you like to fashion yourself as the voice of reality, it must be connected somehow with cynical grumpiness.
i can't argue with that. except to say it's wrong and irritates me.
The cool objectivity and humour of your response completely explodes my (half-serious) hypothesis.

:evil: <----- you me------> :twisted:
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

dodalisque wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 17:15 Maybe idealism is that little blue dog behind the Fool in the TdM, tugging at his conscience and speeding him on his way.
or maybe he's reality, trying to run the idealistic fool outta town. or maybe it's a visual pun, suggesting man's ideations are as unnatural and vainglorious as a dog walking on hind legs. certainly, on the (idealized) RWS Fool card, the dog can be seen as trying to warn the florid dreamer of his (and perhaps their) imminent fall.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

chiscotheque wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 17:29 or maybe it's a visual pun, suggesting man's ideations are as unnatural and vainglorious as a dog walking on hind legs.
Ooooh, nice. Y'see, that's why I don't like getting into discussions with you. Incidentally, I wonder if it would be possible for someone to create The Emoji Tarot? The TdM is iconic; emojis are even more iconic than that. There used to be a very nice deck called The International Icon Tarot that was popular about 10 years ago, which simplifies the images of the corresponding RWS cards. The whole RWS with much of the detail eliminated and blocks of bright color. Eye-catching - I seem to remember it was glow-in-the-dark - and surprisingly stimulating to the imagination. It's a sort of bare bones RWS and reading with it can go off in unexpected new directions. I should use it in a Reading Circle next time so people can see it.
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

dodalisque wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 20:08 The International Icon Tarot
is this the kind of thing you mean? the tower:

hazard-symbol-warning-sign-safety-png-favpng-rwCL4QR3yuWYp6deQHPgjXPPP.jpg
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

chiscotheque wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 20:23
dodalisque wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 20:08 The International Icon Tarot
is this the kind of thing you mean? the tower:

hazard-symbol-warning-sign-safety-png-favpng-rwCL4QR3yuWYp6deQHPgjXPPP.jpg
77 more and we have ourselves a deck. No companion book necessary. Just put titles under the images. It could still be RWS based. That would provide the necessary context. The emojis could even pick up on single details in the RWS images. Your example is great, but I was thinking more of familiar computer emojis rather than public signs. Although The Tarot of Signs has a ring to it. Signs are better infact.

Oh, I see, I get it, I'm the guy in the picture who's flat on his back, right. I knew it was a mistake to get into an emoji war with you. Très Laurel and Hardy. Couldn't we sign a kind of nuclear proliferation pact now before I get hurt?
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

chiscotheque wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 04:25 what i'm about to say probably belongs elsewhere
Boy, would I ever hate to be a rat caught in the maze of your mind.
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

dodalisque wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 21:37 Boy, would I ever hate to be a rat caught in the maze of your mind.
that's too bad, Dod, because you are a rat caught in the maze of my mind (and i wish you'd find the way out).
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

chiscotheque wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 00:10
dodalisque wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 21:37 Boy, would I ever hate to be a rat caught in the maze of your mind.
that's too bad, Dod, because you are a rat caught in the maze of my mind (and i wish you'd find the way out).
dodalisque, if you are in the maze, have you tried the passage marked 1026?
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Diana wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 01:19
The signs in the maze always point me back in the direction I came from, and there is electrified razor-wire wrapped around the doorknob of the door marked 1026. Maybe, Tetchy, if I could find the door marked 1066 I could get out and this whole nightmare would be history.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Hey, I checked out FM 1026 on my radio, but all it plays is The Eagles, 24/7/365.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

I have been researching on the internet for hours, but the only thing that seems to have happened in the year 1026 AD was a total eclipse of the sun that lasted 5 min. 49 secs. Oh, and Adalbert the bishop of Utrecht died. 1026 BC (Before Chiscotheque) marked the abrupt end of the Golden Age of Mankind.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

dodalisque wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 03:23

Hey, I checked out FM 1026 on my radio, but all it plays is The Eagles, 24/7/365.
You only have yourself to blame here. You'll get no pity from me - we are all responsible for our actions. No-one forced you to enter sinister looking hotels.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Me making my first 3-card draw with your new deck:

skates.jpg
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “Plato's Cave”