This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

is idealism a crime? II

Explore the philosophical and existential questions of life with the Tarot. Jump into an ongoing conversation or start a new one!
dodalisque
Sage

Re: is idealism a crime? II

Post by dodalisque »

Diana wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 07:22
dodalisque wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 03:23

Hey, I checked out FM 1026 on my radio, but all it plays is The Eagles, 24/7/365.
You only have yourself to blame here. You'll get no pity from me - we are all responsible for our actions. No-one forced you to enter sinister looking hotels.
I just like the idea of the inside of the maze of chiscotheque's head being continually permeated by Eagles muzak. My little rat doesn't mind - he LOVES the Eagles.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Diana wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 01:19
chiscotheque wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 00:10
dodalisque wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 21:37 Boy, would I ever hate to be a rat caught in the maze of your mind.
that's too bad, Dod, because you are a rat caught in the maze of my mind (and i wish you'd find the way out).
dodalisque, if you are in the maze, have you tried the passage marked 1026?
Out of sheer self-preservation, and a wish not to bore everyone to death, I have no desire to prolong this investigation into the ramifications of chiscotheque's lucky number 1026. This is a continuation of a thread (Spelunking in Plato's Cave) that spilled over into this thread after Diana provided amazing information (https://thephoenixenigma.com/) about the number 42, which has been haunting me for nearly a year.

For those new to Plato's Cave I should explain that chiscotheque, our éminence grise, or maybe noir, has a Ph.D. in Personal Ridicule and holds a Black Belt 7th dan in Pissing People Off. For fans of The Hobbit, think of Smaug dozing peacefully on his hoard of philosophical treasure. It is not generally advisable to wake him from his slumbers. I should also explain that nothing is more guaranteed to arouse his ire than pro sport, imperialist aggression, and the music of The Eagles. He is also the creator of The Beatles Tarot.

After extensive research I am sorry to report that nothing much seems to have happened at all on that date in history: 1026 = October 26th, but these are the most inspiring events I can find:

740 An earthquake strikes Constantinople, causing damage to city walls and buildings
1863 Football Association forms in England, standardizing soccer, splitting with rugby
1881 Gunfight at the OK Corral: The most famous shootout in the Wild West occurs, between lawmen (including Wyatt Earp) and the Cowboys.
1887 Detroit (NL) beats St Louis (AA) 10 games to 5 in World Series
1901 First recorded use of "getaway car" occurs after holding up a shop in Paris
1911 Philadelphia A's beat NY Giants, 4 games to 2 in 8th World Series
1946 Pat Sajak, American TV host (Wheel of Fortune, Pat Sajak Show), born in Chicago, Illinois
1947 Hillary Rodham Clinton, US 1st Lady (1993-2001), Senator (NY, 2001-09), Secretary of State (2009-13) and Democratic Presidential nominee, born in Chicago, Illinois
1947 [William] Bootsy Collins, American guitarist and singer (Parliament-Funkadelic), born in Chicago, Illinois
1947 The British military occupation ends in Iraq.
1951 Winston Churchill re-elected British Prime Minister at the age of 76
1953 Great Britain performs nuclear test at Emu Field, Australia
1962 The Beatles record "Please Please Me" & "Ask Me Why"
1965 Beatles receive MBEs at Buckingham Palace
1972 Guided tours of the former prison at Alcatraz by the National Park Service begin
1973 Wings release "Helen Wheels"
1981 LA Dodgers beat NY Yankees, 4 games to 2 in 78th World Series
1984 Release of "The Terminator" directed by James Cameron, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger
1985 On a poor call in 6th game, umpire Don Deckinger starts a string of events costing Cardinals the World Series
2001 The United States passes the USA PATRIOT Act into law.
2015 World Health Organization classifies processed meat as carcinogenic
2017 Nico-Jan Hoogma, Dutch soccer player (FC Twente), born in Heerenveen, Netherlands

***Undeterred by this disappointing inspirational haul, I consulted innumerable sources for information about the numerological significance of the number 1026:

A personal message from Olga. Do you see the number 1026 everywhere? Does 1026 come up in conversation? Do you notice 1026 on television? Do you hear 1026 on the radio? What does it mean when you see and hear 1026 everywhere?

According to Olga, when you see a number such as 1026 over and over again, it is an angel trying to communicate with you through numbers. Olga calls it Angel Numbers. Here is Olga's interpretation of Angel Number 1026. Her interpretation includes what it is about, its meaning, and its purpose.

About Angel Number 1026
Olga says that Angel Number 1026 is associated with the letters O, G, P, D, R, I, and Q. Olga suggests that to find out what the Angel Number 1026 is about, try to make words of those letters.

See if you can rearrange some or all of the letters to make words related to your world. It could be a name of a person, a place, or even a thing or an event. It may be the whole word, but more likely just part of the word, or just initials or an abbreviation.

*** The mind reels with possibilities, but a first cursory glance discovers: GOD, OR, PRIG, DRIP, RID, GRIP, ROD, PROD, PIG, DIG, DOG, R.I.P.

According to Olga: Meaning of Angel Number 1026
The feeling Olga gets from Angel Number 1026 is scorn and an uncontrollable desire for revenge, mixed with humor and compassion, and a liberal helping of common decency.

Purpose for Angel Number 1026
Olga says that the purpose of Angel Number 1026 is what the angels want you to do with its meaning. The purpose of Angel Number 1026 is summarized in these words: Get A Life.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Joan Marie wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 08:10 Me making my first 3-card draw with your new deck:
That's fabulous, JM. The first ever reading with our new Emoji Tarot (aka The Tarot of Signs). Wouldn't it be marvelous sometimes to be able to do 3 card readings that were as brutal and discouraging as that! The cartoon does have a serious point: we can't always hold on to our nice luxuries or our established identity and still be able to go where we want, that is, make the necessary changes to our lives that the cards (signs) recommend.
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

an.jpg
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Theosophically reduced it's a nine. There should be a clue there. I was listening to what Kryon has to say about the numbers 1-9. He/they said number 9 is completion. So maybe chiscotheque is a complete man.

Completion - J.L Nash

Let there be none until we are dead
Let it wait until jackals scream
The scratching of their calls scoring across some brilliant sunset
which lies in the sky bleeding into the clouds
The last vestige of blue closing like grandfather eyes

For when the movie has finished, the journey home begins
Without a corner, the road is void of mystery
Sleep not only concludes the day but heralds the next
Without the moon, tides cannot turn

It is in itself a curse for the living
Too big a space to occupy without nightmares

Let there always be
Mangos on trees too high to reach
Poppies in fields too far to see
Bread in the oven, not yet cooked through

Let there always be
A flash of periwinkle blue in the waters
A book on the shelf unread
Chocolate in the fridge untasted

And
one more day together
J.L. Nash
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

chiscotheque wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 20:56an.jpg
Brilliant! You're still the undisputed champ of meanness. That's the (somewhat modified) cover of a Townes album, right? [Explanatory note: I am devotee of and utter bore about the Texas singer/songwriter Townes van Zandt. This is the cover of his album 'Absolutely Nothing' - the last words of his famous classic song 'Nothing'. My favorite performance of my favorite song of all time. And of course the perfect way of summing up what chiscotheque thinks of my character, and of having the last word.]

dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Diana wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 21:14 Image
This happy athlete, wearing number 1026, looks like she's winning the race. Nothing to do but shoulder my few pathetic belongings, leaving my self-respect behind and, like the TdM Fool, leave Plato's Cave once again with my tail between my legs to continue my solitary journey.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Diana wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 21:18 So maybe chiscotheque is a complete man.
Complete bastard, maybe.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

dodalisque wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 21:38

That happy athlete looks like she's winning the race. I guess I'll shoulder my few pathetic belongings, leaving my self-respect behind, and limp away from Plato's Cave once again with my tail between my legs.
Oh, I didn't want to make you upset dodalisque. Here, have a biscuit. Take two as they're so small.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

dodalisque wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 21:33 And of course the perfect way of summing up what chiscotheque thinks of my character, and of having the last word.]

Who said he has the last word? Come on, there's still some fight in you I'm sure. Think of the Knight of Swords in the RWS. No strategy is infallible. There must be a crack in his armour. Remember David and his slingshot?
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Diana wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 22:03
dodalisque wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 21:38

That happy athlete looks like she's winning the race. I guess I'll shoulder my few pathetic belongings, leaving my self-respect behind, and limp away from Plato's Cave once again with my tail between my legs.
Oh, I didn't want to make you upset dodalisque. Here, have a biscuit. Take two as they're so small.
Throw them to that dog on the TdM Fool card. I don't seem to have any appetite.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Diana wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 22:10
dodalisque wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 21:33 And of course the perfect way of summing up what chiscotheque thinks of my character, and of having the last word.]

Who said he has the last word? Come on, there's still some fight in you I'm sure. Think of the Knight of Swords in the RWS. No strategy is infallible. There must be a crack in his armour. Remember David and his slingshot?
No, thank you, Diana. I appreciate your efforts to help me back on my horse so I can get knocked down again for your amusement, but I think right now I prefer to see if the Hanged Man will lend me his rope. Currently the score in our encounters stands at: chiscotheque 1026, dodalisque 0 - the Fool's number. Perhaps my enemy does have an Achilles heel. After all he is really nothing more than one big heel. But for now I need to hang out and allow my wounds to heal. Fear not! Remember the gracious parting words of my personal hero Malvolio from Shakespeare's Twelfth Night: "I'll be revenged on the whole pack of you." A deck of cards, my only weapon, is sometimes called a pack, so I will use a pack to punish a pack. Until the next time ...
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

dodalisque wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 03:20
No, thank you, Diana. I appreciate your efforts to help me back on my horse so I can get knocked down again for your amusement, but I think right now I prefer to see if the Hanged Man will lend me his rope.
Attachments
Hanged Man srba.jpg
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Diana wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 05:47
dodalisque wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 03:20
No, thank you, Diana. I appreciate your efforts to help me back on my horse so I can get knocked down again for your amusement, but I think right now I prefer to see if the Hanged Man will lend me his rope.
Oh, so if I can't borrow the Hanged Man's rope I always have the option of kicking away the stool and choking myself to death. Nice to always have options.
omgherryan
Seeker

Post by omgherryan »

Angel Number 111 is a strong number of showing and indication.

This number conveys the joined properties and energies of both 1, which resounds with emphaticness, autonomy, fresh starts and uniqueness, as well as 11, the karmic Master Number.

Number 11 advises us to associate with our higher selves to be aware and experience our spirits' main goal or life reason. It is additionally a sign that we really want to get to our previous existences to utilize our power here on earth completely.

Holy messenger Number 111 represents illumination and a profound arousing with high energy, motivation, and instinct as well as self-articulation.

Return to “Plato's Cave”