This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Best Decks For Story Writing

Share ideas with other writers for using Tarot in the writing process.
TheLoracular
Sage

Best Decks For Story Writing

Post by TheLoracular »

The Hanson-Roberts was the fourth deck I ever bought, the first I got after leaving home as a teen. I fell in love with the characters on the cards as people, started giving them names, built up an entire fantasy world around them but never got to completing the novel and it's long since lost.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with a deck? Which one? What deck inspires you to write fiction the most?
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons
Pen
Sage

Re: Best Decks For Story Writing

Post by Pen »

I've mostly given up writing fiction these days (eyes can't cope with the monitor), but having a lovely haiku gift from the Jolanda Tarot yesterday really raised my spirits. Perfect inspiration for a children's book with the illustrations all ready to go...!
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Hedera
Seer

Post by Hedera »

Pen wrote: 08 Feb 2021, 08:01 I've mostly given up writing fiction these days (eyes can't cope with the monitor), but having a lovely haiku gift from the Jolanda Tarot yesterday really raised my spirits. Perfect inspiration for a children's book with the illustrations all ready to go...!
Screens bother my eyes too these days (computer monitor, tablet or phone), I can do 10 or 20 minutes at a time, a couple of times a day. Too much and I get a headache.
(Long story, clumps in vitreous humor, can't really be fixed)

A while ago, I bought a manual typewriter, and it is *great*!
I type and send letters (my mother is thrilled that she can finally read again what I send her... :D My handwriting has deteriorated over the years, and was not great to begin with), and for longer emails or apps, I just type the whole thing on an a4 sheet folded in half (makes a handy size), take a picture and send that.

I have even, tentatively, started writing fiction again....

Not using tarot cards at the moment, although I might start doing that too!
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

I don't get headaches - with me it's a case of dry eyes that stream and sting when I've overdone the screen time. I do use tear drops a couple of times a day but they're not a solution :D as I tend to get carried away and overdo it. Slight vitreous problem too, but I can tune out the floaty things.

The typewriter is a good idea, it has made me think that another alternative would be to use the keyboard with the screen covered when simply writing (rather than needing to see it when formatting art for cards etc.). Then the doc could be printed out and corrected by hand.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
sharmaakshay
Seer

Post by sharmaakshay »

m also interested in writing stories like you

Return to “Tarot for Writers”